Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What any warranty should be

Normex

Reaction score
Greetings All, Little venting on Autel and any other companies with units that record usage time.
What is this with a set time limit, auto companies has mileage limit and time limit but not just a time limit.
Our units keeps time of use so why not the warranty should be based on time alone ?

Vent mode off. Keep up the good work.

Norm

Reactions: Clint H
LOL
Go get em tiger :)

I have often wondered about the battery warranty. If I buy a battery after my X-star warranty has expired is that new battery I just bought covered for 1 year of 200 cycles?

LOL
Go get em tiger :)

I have often wondered about the battery warranty. If I buy a battery after my X-star warranty has expired is that new battery I just bought covered for 1 year of 200 cycles?

Should be on both counts as batteries are a little different since one could potentially abuse them easily like letting them drain to 0 % or similar but this could be easily be circumvented with
software to see how it was treated or perhaps they might already have it. A company that protects themselves from abusers and base their warranty on time of use would be the greatest winner in my book. A little marketing to that effect would clobber the competition without incurring risk of lawsuits as it is novel no? Probably makes too much sense.

Hello Don,
Thank you for contacting us here at Autel support!

Batteries are covered for 1 year or at 200 charges, which ever gives you more time.
Regards,

Sarah M
Customer Support
AUTEL ROBOTICS
www.AutelRobotics.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Question for you all.
My X-Star runs out of warranty in Jan. 2018. Now if I buy a new battery is that battery covered for 1 year or 200 cycles? Or is there a limited warranty with a new battery?
Thanks
Don

Last edited:
Greetings All, Little venting on Autel and any other companies with units that record usage time.
What is this with a set time limit, auto companies has mileage limit and time limit but not just a time limit.
Our units keeps time of use so why not the warranty should be based on time alone ?

Vent mode off. Keep up the good work.

Norm

Makes complete Sense to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you as there will be a few months (many) here in Canada of practically no flying due to the cold winter so I will have to assume I have
a warranty for my unit just sitting there. It's good quality construction means it likely won't suffer rotting claims.:)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo