Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wind Test

rkyleh

Reaction score
I had a couple of battery's that I wanted to run down for maintenance. The wind was blowing so hard I had to use the van as a wind break. This is the first time i have tried the avoidance and I was surprised it found the cedar trees but when I turned to the van it didn't register. i tried it a couple of times with the same results. The EVO handles very well in the wind. towards the end of the clip you can see the EVO shadow in front of the dancing cedar tree.

I had mine yesterday in 20mph winds with gust up to 35-40 just to see how it would handle. Didn’t fly it just took it out in the yard and I was seriously impressed!

Glad to hear it, but I expected no less from Evo. Autel seems to consider wind, which is present in so many dramatic landscapes. Wind is often a component of canyons, valleys & mountain peaks. If you drive 2 hrs to fly somewhere, you fly, lol, windy or not!

I’ve flown the XSP in gale-force winds in Hawaii. So windy it was impossible to even think of landing, you crash into huge piles soft weeds. I’ve used that footage in several videos, nobody could tell it was windy at all. I don’t know what the XSP limit is for steady video, but it’s damn high...

Reactions: snow86man
Glad to hear it, but I expected no less from Evo. Autel seems to consider wind, which is present in so many dramatic landscapes. Wind is often a component of canyons, valleys & mountain peaks. If you drive 2 hrs to fly somewhere, you fly, lol, windy or not!

I’ve flown the XSP in gale-force winds in Hawaii. So windy it was impossible to even think of landing, you crash into huge piles soft weeds. I’ve used that footage in several videos, nobody could tell it was windy at all. I don’t know what the XSP limit is for steady video, but it’s damn high...
The legs on the XSP is the only thing I don't like about it. I got so I always hand catch that one but not in winds like today. I hurt so easy and I mend so slow.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ