Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Go Done question

NewToDrones

Reaction score
I just inherited an X-Star Go with a Gopro hero 3+
It flies fine but 2 things.
It needs the GoPro attached to fly. Is this normal?
I cannot get the software on my phone (android) to connect to the transmitter. I have connected the phone to the transmitter wifi but the app does not work. is it possible to get this working?

I do not see any versions or software updates for the X-Star Go only the wifi and the pro. is this drone either of them?

any input would be grateful.

Dave

You are gonna have a hard time finding anything on this. This drone was brought up one other time since I've been here if I'm correct. I think Ansia may have found the software once but I can't find it anywhere now. Maybe he still has a link or something.
It's not the wifi or premium version. It's its own beast.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
ok thank you for the help with that link. Any suggestions on how to get it to link to the android phone? I turn on the wifi and connect the phone to the transmitter no problem. no password is needed. but the app will not connect to the drone. the app always says disconnected. The only light that comes on on the transmitter is the Wifi and phone image and it blinks like it wants to connect.

It may be possible that someone in the past upgraded the transmitter or something. Is there a way to set everything back to factory default?
or the correct firmware upgrade for this X-Star-GO?

Trying to get all options on fixing this. I would love to use this but it seems sad that it will not run unless it is connected to the GoPro but I can't turn the GoPro on without the phone app.

if you are referring to the cable from the GoPro to the drone, I do not believe so. It is all incased inside the gimble and I don't believe this drone has more than 4-5 flights on it. Everything looks pristine.

It does not have any other cables, the transmitter has a USB charging port and the drone has a USB port for some reason. I will try and attach pics.

2020-08-19 11.31.08.jpg2020-08-19 11.29.31.jpg2020-08-19 11.29.41.jpg2020-08-19 11.29.47.jpg

ok, thank you I will look into that. just to confirm downgrading the GoPro firmware may help the app connect to the drone?
and thank you for your help and time.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn