Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Am I mental ??

the cooler

Reaction score
Hello AP
just received my Autel Evo Pro V3

deep dived into loads of instruction videos - thing is I don't have LOG option in my controller. Has normal / black and white / nostalgia

ive googled my eyes out but cannot find anything that covers this

any help ??

tah in advance

Hmmm sounds encouraging !

thanks for the reply - it is odd as the marketing spruiks the 10bit A-Log

so are you saying it isnt there or my software is shite ?

thanks

S

Lots of things aren't there. It's not that you can't find it. It's that Autel released the product with incomplete firmware and software.

Hi, I have same problems, I really hope I’m not mental.
Check this: if your HDR in photo mode is ON- it won’t offer LOG in video profiles. Why is photo mode connected with video… God knows. As for 10-bit LOG, we don’t have it at the moment.
I asked Autel support via mail for that, gave them all info about firmware versions, still waiting for reply with all the answers about it.
I can’t even explain how disappointing it would be if they do not change that in future FW update.
One thing I also miss a lot is MF assist (focus peaking) but it is a minor issue compared to 10bit

Reactions: the cooler
Hello - Thanks for the reply

Ive managed to find LOG through your suggestion

10 bit seems to work for me on 265

my new issues are

1 - why is there now smooth mode like on the Lite - the drone needs this as the controller is very sensitive

2 - zoomed in images - when i shoot the zoom stills the DNG files look zoomed - however when I go to edit the zoomedness is gone and it is back to the original zoomed out view

Im assuming this is all fixable with s0ftware updates

fingers crossed

S

Wait.. 10bit on H265? Is it written as an option in manu, or you can see it later in metadata? I’m all the time in h265 but still no 10bit.
As for smoothness- you have to adjust EXP & sensitivity, only problem is- it stays the same for both, normal and ludicrous modes. Also, you can slow down in normal mode to 5m/s, with less sensitive sticks- it is pretty useful for smoother footage.
As for croping/zoom - I noticed that but I don’t care, like you wrote - it’s not on the photo when edit, so I don’t care. But there is also some barrel distortion on .dng, at least with my camera, that demands extra moves when post processing.
Hopefully, that will all get solved during… our lifetime? 😅

Reactions: the cooler
Okay my bad on that - I looked at the V2 instead of the V3 - I looked so long at these before buying I had them confused.

Surely though with the same camera it is only a software update ?

for now this $3k craft holds it value for the deactivated geofencing - most other things I can easily get with my DJI Air2s

I emailed Autel after sales to tell them, very nicely, to have a quick look at the forums to see what their customers are saying .

Most of these issues can/could/should be fixed easily with a software update

Im dreaming I know

I’ve got H265 log but Quicktime player app shows that its 8 bit. Am I missing some thing that switches to 10 bit?

With the SC 7.9” I can switch photo setting to RAW - is this the same thing as HDR or s there a separate HDR setting buried some place?

October now. No 10bit for v3 in the horizon?
It would be nice if you ask that same question to Autel support. Hopefully, when more of us asks- something will change.
Last time they answered me they are busy with new missions (Slope) 🤯

Reactions: Pork Belly
It would be nice if you ask that same question to Autel support. Hopefully, when more of us asks- something will change.
Last time they answered me they are busy with new missions (Slope) 🤯
Definitely. I do have 2 pending emails to support. Hopefully they don't ignore my emails.lol

I'll post my issue on a separate thread.

Thank you! 🙏

Reactions: Lepi

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo