Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anafi video w/zoom test

I am very intrigued with the 180º tilt feature. As a storm spotter for my local NWS office, being able to document the entire storm structure from top to bottom could be helpful. Especially when they develop close.

I am very intrigued with the 180º tilt feature. As a storm spotter for my local NWS office, being able to document the entire storm structure from top to bottom could be helpful. Especially when they develop close.
Agree. This is why viable competition w/DJI is so important. I’m sure somebody there has already said: “Why didn’t we think of that...”

I was flying into a sunset a few nights ago & wished I could raise the camera just a few degrees to pickup more colorful sky rather than 1/2 a field of very dark ground.

Reactions: Goober
I will end up getting the Afani if post release users reviews establish the pre release videos are true. It fills a niche nothing else will at the price point and size. The EVO has a lot of bells & whistles I would not use. Yes the camera is excellent from what I can tell but is it worth replacing my X-Star? Not for me. If the EVO works for you and your wallet can handle the over price I say go get it. Its just not for me. If the Anafi turns out to be a fail I will wait for whats coming next and we all know it will be coming very soon :)

The Anafi is looking really good, but I'd miss the the lighting that is on the X-Star. I depend on those 4 bright lights for orientation & visibility. Cree lights would probably compensate, but with 4 switches to activate & 4 usb ports to charge they would not be as convenient as integrated running lights.

The Anafi is looking really good, but I'd miss the the lighting that is on the X-Star. I depend on those 4 bright lights for orientation & visibility. Cree lights would probably compensate, but with 4 switches to activate & 4 usb ports to charge they would not be as convenient as integrated running lights.
It also looks good to me. However, you are right about the lack of lights. The combination of smaller size and lack of lights will make it significantly more difficult to see and illegal for U.S. Part-107 pilots with night-flying waivers to use at night.

I wonder whether the pending U.S. 25-percent tariff on Chinese high-tech goods “containing industrially significant technology" will soon give Parrot drones an additional price advantage compared to Autel and DJI products. If so, Autel will be at an overwhelming disadvantage trying to sell a $1250 EVO against a $700 Anafi.

Reactions: KentA
Pretty sure you could mount these little things and would be all thats needed for night time flights.
Strobon Cree® UAV Strobe Light is the Brightest Light for your UAV Drone

This product is compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti collision lights rules for drones. It's visible from 3 miles away at night.

No cabling required. Just attach it to your drone or model airplane with your favorite glue or velcro, press the button to turn it ON. That's all.

Reactions: Goober

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain