Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel is out of business

You guys make me laugh. Do you have a clue who Autel even is? LMAO, they aren't going anywhere fast. They are a huge company. If I can't find the parts I need, I call Autel and guess what...I get my part. ;)

Evo isn't expected till end of March, at the earliest. All you nervous Nellies...LOL

No way is Autel going out of business. They could possibly in the future get out of the drone biz but not out of business all together.
Do an Ebay search for "Autel".

I could give a squirt of pee about Autel as a company. I am only concerned about them as a Drone company. In that realm they are the drowning swimmer that has went under a couple times. Something better change very quickly. None of the crap we spout will change this. it's simple business. Autel's executives aren't losing any sleep over this. It's only us doing that..... :(

Nothing to "prove", my friend. AR is still rocking and rolling along. 2 weeks ago everyone was still so excited and happy. Today, y'all have AR dead, buried, and taking a leak on the grave. If I was AR I wouldn't post here anymore than absolutely necessary, given the overall mob-like posts about how they are such a terrible company, that has no parts to sell. Then, a company gets batteries in, but instead of being happy, everyone here ['cept me ;) ] thinks it is the demise of the company for pete's sake because they aren't selling the batteries too. Just sky is falling talk that gets older, faster, than talk of a new drone being released.

Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. These are 2 really old fashioned sayings that amazingly still hold true as day, to this day. It is no ones business when they decide to release information or products for that matter. Y'all want parts that are available in the quantity as well as locations as DJI which is completely irrational. While DJI has 100's of thousands, and more likely millions of product out in the world, AR is a small fish in a very big sea [another really old saying, I'm old if you haven't figured yet, ;) ] so they will act much differently than a large fish wil. It is unrealistic to expect DJI-like 'convenience' for the XSP. And I have yet to hear of anyone that has had to pay for a repair from AR. I'm sure they have, but I don't remember anyone bitching like they do with DJI. And parts that are user replaceable are listed. They don't have to tell you what kind of motors it has. If a motor burns out, they will likely replace it anyway so why do you need to know? You don't. If you want a DIY drone, go with DJI. For the rest of us, we'll stick what is tried and true and built like a tank in the first place and doesn't need any more than are all ready there.

So is there any possibility the evo controller will work w the xsp? That would be interesting.
If the EVO apps, like mapping, work for the XSP, that would make me consider not going to the dark side for the Air or MP2....and get an EVO...

Ya I also heard that the SDK from the EVO is something that should work with the X-Star. Since the EVO's firmware was supposed to be based on this last X-Star firmware update this might be true. This is right out of Kenneth AR's updates on the EVO.

"
The SDK will not be released for the XPS.

For the EVO there will be 2 SDKs:

1) App SDK, a set of libraries that are linked into an app

2) A JSON based SDK that will give much closer integration to the aircraft.

The later will be released to the open source community with the plan to have the community create operational libraries which can be used for industrial and advanced applications not covered by the app SDK.

The plan is to be aircraft agnostic. All Autel Robotics aircraft (fixed and rotary) will use the same SDK, abstracting the differences under the app SDK.

The JSON SDK will have some aircraft specifics because it is the native communications between the app layer and RC (the RC talks JSON).

The SDK for the X-Star became problematic. The expectation was the firmware update could enable the SDK functionality required to support 3rd party apps but once designs where completed there where holes that are not easily closed.

It was decided to focus on making the new aircraft include a more advanced SDK model and all efforts where refocused."

So if the xsp is retired, why do you think AR doesnt just release what they have on the SDK for it..?

So if the xsp is retired, why do you think AR doesnt just release what they have on the SDK for it..?
Because then it would be another thing for them to support for a product they are killing. In the US, a company must (by law) honor product warranties until either 1) the last warranty has expired or 2) The manufacturer issues a recall for all products still under warranty. The more products still under warranty, the longer the process draws out for them. I see them selling batteries until the plug is pulled on the last XSP but not much else likely and doesn't have a profit margin. I've been told they simply made some bad business, technical and strategic decisions and are "throwing out the baby with the bath water" and starting over.

Customer Support is one of the few things that makes it through a move like this. Otherwise, they'd have nothing coming out the other side.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Its So funny how people are so hung up with Autel when they know that company Is dead. It doesn't matter if they release Evo or not. The majority of people that were going to buy The Evo, including myself have moved to other companies A.K.a DJI.
Don't be fooled, Autel will release the Evo, but there is not going to be a market for it since they took so long to release a bird. Like O said before, that company is doomed. Don't buy their birds. You will buy one and on 6 month they will be out of business. They are way too late to the game. Say goodbye to Autel and Evo and move on dudes.

Its So funny how people are so hung up with Autel when they know that company Is dead. It doesn't matter if they release Evo or not. The majority of people that were going to buy The Evo, including myself have moved to other companies A.K.a DJI.
Don't be fooled, Autel will release the Evo, but there is not going to be a market for it since they took so long to release a bird. Like O said before, that company is doomed. Don't buy their birds. You will buy one and on 6 month they will be out of business. They are way too late to the game. Say goodbye to Autel and Evo and move on dudes.
What is even funnier is how people keep posting their displeasure even after admitting they have already gone elsewhere. How those people just keep trolling along in a forum that neither wants, nor cares, what they are whining about
.Leave.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a doomsday guy in regards to AR. I'm a pessimist for one reason. Poor followup on stated intentions.

As I've said before, I'll fly my XSP until it won't. Then I'll make a decision about what my next Drone will be. I refuse to be "married" to any brand. No blind loyalty here.

I would like to have had a second camera option on the XS. The concept of removable Gimble which was their huge selling point over the DJI never happened. A 1 inch sensor like the P4 would have been great.. So that's what I'm bumming about. I know 1 inch sensors are on high demand but why 1 never was in the works is frustrating. But that's life. I own 11 quads 10 being dji. Having the removal gimble was sucj a huge difference between dji and autel and they never took advantage of it. That in itself is secular market that none one else was in. Now I understand they are not on the camera market but they go hand and hand. ✌️

I would like to have had a second camera option on the XS. The concept of removable Gimble which was their huge selling point over the DJI never happened. A 1 inch sensor like the P4 would have been great.. So that's what I'm bumming about. I know 1 inch sensors are on high demand but why 1 never was in the works is frustrating. But that's life. I own 11 quads 10 being dji. Having the removal gimble was sucj a huge difference between dji and autel and they never took advantage of it. That in itself is secular market that none one else was in. Now I understand they are not on the camera market but they go hand and hand. ✌️
You guys all need to remember something here...they were sued by DJI. Now, I have ZERO knowledge of the suit other than it occurred and the courts found in DJI favor. That nixed EVERYTHING for the XSP from going any further along in development. The XSP isn't 'outdated'...the XSP was murdered. Can any of you possibly imagine the shear cost of defending such a lawsuit for such a long time? Doesn't leave alot for development.

If you all recall, the XSP was mighty late to the show also. But good things come to those who wait held true then, and I have no doubt it will hold true again with the Evo release. The XSP is [ultimately] a great success with so much more potential than DJI ever had without releasing a new drone. Sadly, we will never see it come to fruition.

Reactions: mpshev
I thought I read in a couple of different places that the DJI lawsuit was dismissed in the courts. Wow.

It was from everything I read. I be interested in seeing where DJI won the case.
As I said, I know ZERO about the case...just what I've read here and there in forums. Why was it dismissed after all that time?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo