Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel owners anyone have a opinion on Autel Vs Dji?

Almost pulled the trigger yesterday on the Mavic Pro which is currently on sale at Costco for $799, then I remember that Amazon have similar prices. On the other hand, I've heard about the crappy customer service of DJI so I decided to not to buy the Mavic. Interested in the Mavic air just for portability issues but I think I will be waiting for the EVO instead. Hopefully, they come out soon.

Reactions: Squirrel!
In my honest opinion Autel is a much better than DJI. I have probably purchased my last DJI product. I have my Pumpkin and absolutely love it. Looking forward to the EVO release.

DJI just doesn't care about customer service. Autel at the very least will almost always respond to your questions and try to help you out! No, unless something drastically changes at Autel, I'll be sticking with them.

I was not sure I wanted to post this info, but what the heck.
About 2 weeks ago I joined the Mavic Pilots to get info about the 'Air'. I placed a post where I asked the members to please give their honest opinion regarding DJI customer service. Several days later my post was buried several pages back with over 60 views and 0 answers. Make of that what you will. (I had negative customer support with DJI many months ago). Then last weekend I received the most popular topics from the Mavic discussion. Again, as you read the names of the discussions, make of it what you will. For me, based on my limited past experience with DJI customer service, based on no one responding to my post regarding an honest evaluation of customer service, Internet searches regarding DJI customer service, and based on the discussion titles below... well... (I did not read all those discussions, I have my XSP and am happy with it and if I do update I will strongly consider the EVO. Customer service is important to me... Autel just sent me a new replacement battery and my previous support (including an XSP replacement) have all been fantastic. My 2 cents.

Last Week's Most Popular Topics
1x1-trans.png

General Discussions
Do all dji drones suck ?

Mavic Pro Discussions
DJI Mavic Spiraled out of Control , crashed and destroyed

Mavic Pro Discussions
Bird went down. :-(

General Discussions
Mavic Pro flew away following erratic flying, loss of control

Mavic Air
Now that I have actually used the air a little more... I am extremely disappointed.

Mavic Air
Mavic Air - Increased Reception Range?

Mavic Pro Discussions
What if you lose GPS flying and no line of sight to return home?

General Discussions
Unsuccessful 50k flight - Successful Emergency Landing

General Discussions
Dog attack after 20 minute fixation

Mavic Pro Discussions
I added a second battery to the controller

Mavic Air
Is Mavic Air camera as bad as Mavic Pro?

sUAV Rules & Regulations
Recreational "Hand Catch" Violates Federal Law

General Discussions
Privledge not a right

General Discussions
Mavic Pros dropping price......

Mavic Air
4K 30fps or 2.7K 60fps?

General Discussions
Lost my new Mavic Pro in the Republic of Panama

Mavic Air
REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

Mavic Pro Discussions
Almost lost it. Weird warnings.and screen recording of incident.

Mavic Air
Launch from a moving ship?

General Discussions
Just arrived in the mail ..

Mavic Air
Sport mode

General Discussions
Decision Time for me ...

General Discussions
Crazy Prices! Thoughts?

Lost & Found sUAS
Found Mavic Pro in Chesapeake, VA

Mavic Pro Discussions
How do you guys deal with Children when flying?

Last edited:
Almost pulled the trigger yesterday on the Mavic Pro which is currently on sale at Costco for $799, then I remember that Amazon have similar prices. On the other hand, I've heard about the crappy customer service of DJI so I decided to not to buy the Mavic. Interested in the Mavic air just for portability issues but I think I will be waiting for the EVO instead. Hopefully, they come out soon.

You can find barely used mavics on Craigslist with multiple batteries dirt cheap....that way you can buy a mavic and an Evo :)

I was not sure I wanted to post this info, but what the heck.
About 2 weeks ago I joined the Mavic Pilots to get info about the 'Air'. I placed a post where I asked the members to please give their honest opinion regarding DJI customer service. Several days later my post was buried several pages back with over 60 views and 0 answers. Make of that what you will. (I had negative customer support with DJI many months ago). Then last weekend I received the most popular topics from the Mavic discussion. Again, as you read the names of the discussions, make of it what you will. For me, based on my limited past experience with DJI customer service, based on no one responding to my post regarding an honest evaluation of customer service, Internet searches regarding DJI customer service, and based on the discussion titles below... well... (I did not read all those discussions, I have my XSP and am happy with it and if I do update I will strongly consider the EVO. Customer service is important to me... Autel just sent me a new replacement battery and my previous support (including an XSP replacement) have all been fantastic. My 2 cents.

Last Week's Most Popular Topics
1x1-trans.png

General Discussions
Do all dji drones suck ?

Mavic Pro Discussions
DJI Mavic Spiraled out of Control , crashed and destroyed

Mavic Pro Discussions
Bird went down. :-(

General Discussions
Mavic Pro flew away following erratic flying, loss of control

Mavic Air
Now that I have actually used the air a little more... I am extremely disappointed.

Mavic Air
Mavic Air - Increased Reception Range?

Mavic Pro Discussions
What if you lose GPS flying and no line of sight to return home?

General Discussions
Unsuccessful 50k flight - Successful Emergency Landing

General Discussions
Dog attack after 20 minute fixation

Mavic Pro Discussions
I added a second battery to the controller

Mavic Air
Is Mavic Air camera as bad as Mavic Pro?

sUAV Rules & Regulations
Recreational "Hand Catch" Violates Federal Law

General Discussions
Privledge not a right

General Discussions
Mavic Pros dropping price......

Mavic Air
4K 30fps or 2.7K 60fps?

General Discussions
Lost my new Mavic Pro in the Republic of Panama

Mavic Air
REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

Mavic Pro Discussions
Almost lost it. Weird warnings.and screen recording of incident.

Mavic Air
Launch from a moving ship?

General Discussions
Just arrived in the mail ..

Mavic Air
Sport mode

General Discussions
Decision Time for me ...

General Discussions
Crazy Prices! Thoughts?

Lost & Found sUAS
Found Mavic Pro in Chesapeake, VA

Mavic Pro Discussions
How do you guys deal with Children when flying?

The reason I am replying to this post is that I want people to know both sides. We have 11 forums that cover different brands & models of drones. I have seen them come & go. I see the post from owners, both good & bad. I think my opinion carries some weight. I will apologize in advance for the length of this post.

Most of you know I am pro-DJI as they produce great drones. But I also am pro-Autel, and I am still hoping they can pull a rabbit out of the hat. As time goes on, and promises are broken, it seems less likely to happen. I had high hopes for Autel when they broke out into the market, but the relationship has soured over the last 2 years. It is sad to see they were never able to get on a roll. History has shown Autel does not honor their commitment to the consumers. The EVO looks cool, but do I want to go down that road again knowing what I know about the company? I haven't decided just yet.

But I digress, your post getting no response should tell you it is not as bad as the anti-DJI folks would like you to believe. You said it had 60 views. The Mavic site has over 50K members (vs.1300 here) with over 417K posts (vs.17K here) and you are saying no one complained about DJI in your thread? That doesn't sound bad to me. I personally have nothing but good things to say about their customer service (5 years & many DJI products). My most recent experience was a bad battery that took me 7 minutes to get a replacement. I understand that some people don't have good luck with them but I suppose that happens with all products. The thing is we have no way of telling what the real problem was with their drone. Many get frustrated and lash out. I have dealt with many members who once they understood what really happened they realized they were wrong and their anger misplaced. While they certainly have room to improve, they have come a long way.

So about the list, how can you judge based on such anecdotal evidence? If we look at the first few posts on the list... all were operator error except the guy who had buyers remorse, his sounded like it needs to go in for repair. The others, if you had read them, were flying in 40mph plus winds, losing props and other operator errors. DJI drones have a file kept on the device (similar to the XSP) that you can review later to see what happened if you have a problem and clears up a lot of issues. Keep in mind that DJI sells more drones than all the other popular prosumer drones combined so with that many out there, and the way forums work (most post to complain, not to praise), it only makes sense that there will be more complaints than Autel who produced a small amount of one model. It comes down to Autel and DJI are not really comparable... one made a single model with a few sold and one produces millions of them. The ratio of complaints will certainly be higher on the company that produces millions of drones. The sheer amount of DJI 3rd party apps makes it worth the 'gamble' of having a negative experience with DJI's customer service

It all boils down to the fact that you have choices when buying prosumer drones, some good, some bad. All companies make a few bad decisions and produce some bad products, but it is how they recover and move forward form such issues that I judge them by in this ever-evolving technology. I will continue to watch the marketplace for new companies to compete against DJI because if they do well, I will know they have a superior product as DJI is the current standard to beat. Until then I will enjoy my current drones... including my Autel XSP. :cool:

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I don't own a DJI and never have but i've seen 30 billion videos of them and others give or take a few billion. All I know is that I love my XSP and i've had no problems with it.
I did see a Duck Dynasty show the other day and they were trying to prove to the old fella that the ducks could see them in the blind as they were flying in. So the one younger guy brought in a DJI drone to show him on video what the ducks see and not long into flight it just took off on its own and they couldn't stop it. They later tracked it down up a tree. I've seen and heard many many cases of DJI's products just flying away. One reason I chose the XSP over DJI. Plus the overall toughness of the craft and customer service.
For those who buy into AR, I would just remember the false promises and hope they fix that part of it because that is really their only downfall. Other than that, the product they deliver is outstanding IMHO.

Opinions are like butts... Everyone has one, and they all smell..

When people have time to dig up dirt on a product, it is a good sign for the product!
Unfortunately, owners of other products are sometimes so busy dealing with known problems on their product that they dont have time to dig up dirt on it.

Last edited:

When people have time to dig up dirt on a product, it is a good sign for the product!
Unfortunately, owners of other products are sometimes so busy dealing with known problems on their product that they dont have time to dig up dirt on it.

As long as you remember to take your head out of your butt and smell the roses you will be fine LOL

I think he's paid by the word......the oxygen level in his studio must have plummeted while recording all that blah blah blah.
We get it......every product has its warts, nothing is perfect unless you design for a $3000 price point.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

I'm too busy flying to worry about vaporware. 1pilotRC copy.png

I own a mavic for more than a year, but don't like dji support nor their control over their product. I fly using 3rd party app and have no issue. And don't upgrade. I am totally looking forward to Evo.
Can't wait to have a competition against dji product. It will be good for all of us. Started flying RC work helis, copters TREX, fixed wings then first quad Cheerson CX 20. Dji Nock off. And then Mavic when it first came out. Now ready to try something new. And hopefully with US support.

Reactions: Squirrel!
He wasn't bashing it at all. He was simply pointing out flaws in their marketing strategy -- and he is absolutely correct. If this company dropped a 1" sensor EVO they would be giving DJI true competition. It's hard to get people excited about another 1/2.3” sensor consumer drone. It's just redundant at this point.

Everyone wants to believe AR is in a competition/race with DJI...they aren't. AR doesn't even make the list of drone manufacturers and the percentage of ownership that just came out. Why should they care about DJI? I would imagine it is enough just taking care of themselves. They'll be no shortage of customers for the EVO I assure you...

Everyone wants to believe AR is in a competition/race with DJI...they aren't. AR doesn't even make the list of drone manufacturers and the percentage of ownership that just came out. Why should they care about DJI? I would imagine it is enough just taking care of themselves. They'll be no shortage of customers for the EVO I assure you...

They should care about DJI because they are in direct competition with them in the consumer drone market — or at least they will be if they release a solid product. A small cult following is not enough to keep them afloat. This industry desperately needs competition. That is what drives innovation and keeps pricing in check.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Drone Valley may as well hang a DJI flag on its web site, this guy is about pro DJI as you can get, he's beyond fanboy. About camera sensors: it's not just the sensor size its also the software the interprets what the sensor "sees" - big difference here. He did a real hit job on GoPro's Karma, basically said, "Kudos for trying", but your drone's crap.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn