Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel owners anyone have a opinion on Autel Vs Dji?

I don't think their trying to compete with DJI. There just a little company trying to make a drone. There are other drone companies that are much bigger.

I do wish they would have kept working on the XSP though. Mine melfunctioned and landed in a patch of trees the day.

Be really nice if a product was released to provide something tangible to talk about. Until then its just smoke and mirrors

I completely agree. This is the first consumer drone that I have considered buying because I want to get away from scratch building everything. I'm not even considering DJI because they have too much control over the thing after you buy it.

Drone Valley may as well hang a DJI flag on its web site, this guy is about pro DJI as you can get, he's beyond fanboy. About camera sensors: it's not just the sensor size its also the software the interprets what the sensor "sees" - big difference here. He did a real hit job on GoPro's Karma, basically said, "Kudos for trying", but your drone's crap.
The Karma was crap, and he was not the only reviewer saying that exact thing. Drone Valley is not all about DJI, he seems to be fair in his reviews. Keep in mind there is not much else to review these days except DJI.

Surprisingly, i spend some time to read this thread and also search around the net about the DJI vs Autel customer support. I really do not know what to say because i do not have any experience regarding both customer support. I just messed around with the cheap drone, then i feel like i want to upgrade to more premium model or drone made by top companies.

I can see that both drones are technically advanced in their unique ways. However, you can easily judge that the DJI Phantom appears to have several improved functions compared to X-Star Premium. I might say that the Phantom 4 is more preferable, having its top quality build, ridiculous 7000 m range as well as 30 minutes of flight time, it is actually a great choice.When it comes to affordability, the Autel will have to take the portion of big drone's cake economy. It features a plenty of flight time, it's camera is not difficult to upgrade and it shoots spectacular 4k footage.

For what ever reason it is, i need to decide which one is the best, maybe i agreed with the admin, "All companies make a few bad decisions and produce some bad products.." in the end, it depend on the "luck" factor as well. Somebody will get lucky from the day 1 of purchasing until the last day the drone function and somebody will face a lot of problem even though the products come from the famous brand. Just wish me luck for any drone that i decide to buy soon.

I've owned six or seven DJI drones and one Autel XSP, I prefer the XSP, especially since the last firmware update last year. Somehow with DJI drones there's always an issue that's a pain in the butt, for example, I bought a DJI Spark a while back thinking it would be neat to have a mini flyer. Found that the DJI GO 4 app in android would show neither satellites nor battery charge. After googling a bit discovered I had to go back to a much earlier version of the app to get everything to work. Typical DJI! Right now you don't have a choice, since Autel currently does not have a drone on the market - yet, unless you pick up a used one on eBay. What ever you get, you'll have fun.

I own both.. I hate brand commentary and brand loyalist... I can see merit with both units.

Reactions: yrless

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwclaw