Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel will pay customers to take the part 107

I did take it out for a flight on Saturday. It's very P3P-like. I need to fly it some more this weekend. It was tough to attempt to check everything out with only one battery.
what did you think of build quality which it isn't like a phantom lol

what did you think of build quality
Honestly, I find it to be very similar to the quality of a P3. In fact, it's so similar that both aircraft might be manufactured by the same company. I guess that would not be too far fetched since both are manufactured in China.

If anything, the X-Star's shell might be a little more solid than the P3's shell. Perhaps that's where the extra 139 grams are hidden.

The things I really like about the X-Star are the extra features it includes. For example:
  • The remote controller mount can hold a larger device
  • The remote controller mount can pretty much adjust into any needed position
  • The screen on the remote controller displays in flight data
  • The camera is removable (not sure what they have in mind for the future)
  • When you do a CSC, the remote controller beeps and vibrates before it initiates
  • The finish on the shell is nicer (very P4-like)
It appears they pretty much duplicated a P3 and then added on a bunch of nice extras.

Honestly, I find it to be very similar to the quality of a P3. In fact, it's so similar that both aircraft might be manufactured by the same company. I guess that would not be too far fetched since both are manufactured in China.

If anything, the X-Star's shell might be a little more solid than the P3's shell. Perhaps that's where the extra 139 grams are hidden.

The things I really like about the X-Star are the extra features it includes. For example:
  • The remote controller mount can hold a larger device
  • The remote controller mount can pretty much adjust into any needed position
  • The screen on the remote controller displays in flight data
  • The camera is removable (not sure what they have in mind for the future)
  • When you do a CSC, the remote controller beeps and vibrates before it initiates
  • The finish on the shell is nicer (very P4-like)
It appears they pretty much duplicated a P3 and then added on a bunch of nice extras.
I agree but seeing the shell apart think its a lot stronger than the phantoms plus orange is is nice to see during daylight flights

Reactions: msinger
Oh, yes -- how could I forget the bright orange color. I am really enjoying that more than I thought I would.
I think after you fly it for awhile you will really start to like it a lot

Yeah, there has to be some kind of condensed study guide & practice tests to study & take. That pilots handbook is well over 500 pages. We need the Cliff Notes for Dummies version so I can just study the answers.
I took the 107 test this week. Its a tough test. There are people out there giving online courses and a lot of study material on the faa site. if you don't need it right away I would wait a bit. Most of the online courses are updating the courses
now that they are getting feedback about what is on the test.

Yeah, everything I've been reading it's really centered around manned aircraft pilots or pilots in training, which is a shame for those who have no desire to fly a manned aircraft.

From what I'm seeing on the Part 107 test; it will take me at least an entire year to learn enough to pass it.. :)
I started studying the Gold Seal Ground School online course in August, and just at my leisure, for instance, I would skip a week here or there, or maybe even just study a couple days a week. There are many practice quizzes, animated lessons, etc., that to me at least make the course worth its 250 dollars. I gave myself a full year to prepare but I am already into the last section of study which is weather. In any case, I do not yet have a "pro" level drone, just learning with cheapies like the Hubsan X4 with GPS, FPV and other features, but I see tons of possibilities in the future for photography, video, mapping, etc., for income or even personal artistic expression, and from what I understand the flyer must have the certification in order to make some moolah. So I consider the 250 bucks a very good investment.

Reactions: T.J.N.
Hi, new to the forum and just bought my drone, should arrive tomorrow.

I recently took my test and it wasn't really that difficult - if you have some training. I had no prior experience flying and/or any pilot training. I did however pay $99 for the remotepilot101 online training . Watched the videos took the practice test and passed with 80%. Probably spend about 6 days watching the videos and the taking their quizzes.

Reactions: T.J.N.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo