Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery numbering scheme

WildDoktor

Reaction score
Just had my 2 replacement batteries (orange) delivered...yay!!

I bought this xsp used and it came with 4 batteries and 2 chargers. I checked them all and put stickers 1-4 on them, from most used to least used.

Batteries 1 and 2 are the ones that went bad; 3 and 4 are still going strong.

So, dumb question, but here goes: do I number the new ones 1 and 2? or 5 and 6?

:D

I had the same thing happen, I would name them 1 & 2, you can see how many times they have been charged in the starlink app & keep track of all battery info from info in the app.

For the reason I number my batteries it wouldn't matter. I use my batteries numerical order ascending. Then during a lengthy flight I always know where I'm at when changing batteries and can easily tell how many charged batteries I have left.

Yeah; I just went with 1 and 2...I've got way more important things to spend my limited brain power on. :)

Just had my 2 replacement batteries (orange) delivered...yay!!

I bought this xsp used and it came with 4 batteries and 2 chargers. I checked them all and put stickers 1-4 on them, from most used to least used.

Batteries 1 and 2 are the ones that went bad; 3 and 4 are still going strong.

So, dumb question, but here goes: do I number the new ones 1 and 2? or 5 and 6?

:D
I personally never reuse battery and SD card numbers, reason being we go through so many of them (for the ground cameras) it's helpful to know how old they are. Like I wouldn't take SD card number 5 on a production shoot over SD card number 70, since 5 has been around a while, haha. Same with batteries, battery 10 I'll bring as a backup or use for shooting b-roll but not trust it for a 2 hour graduation.

Yep, I totally understand that!!!! That also keeps rotating the most "use pressure" to the next battery/SD card in line rather than using the snot out of #1 and rarely using #10, which is the oldest. Good stuff. My new adopted method of numbering. Thanks!!!!

Reactions: brian bwin
New guy here..... I number my batteries and date them the day they were first put in service.

Cool. So you start with number 1? What happens when number 1 quits, do you number the replacement number 1?

Cool. So you start with number 1? What happens when number 1 quits, do you number the replacement number 1?
Yes, I only number them so I know which one I'm using. The date will serve the purpose of showing me the age. I'm new so all my batteries are new and have same start date. Hoping they will last.

Yes, I only number them so I know which one I'm using. The date will serve the purpose of showing me the age. I'm new so all my batteries are new and have same start date. Hoping they will last.

Usually the purpose of numbering is so you know which one to use next as you run them down. If it's a long fly time and you go thru several batteries it becomes very easy to lose track. So some type of system has to be adopted by the Pilot.

The point of this discussion has evolved to developing a number system that rotates the batteries so they get relatively equal use.

In my case I was keeping my number system 1-5. If number 2 quits, I replace it with number 2. Brian pointed out my failure in this regard. So,,,, if I have 5 batteries numbered 1-5 and number 1 quits, I'll number the replacement 6. So I rotate the stock and keep pushing the older batteries closer to the front for more repetitive use.

If you've not got there yet, you'll see in a few months when you check all of your batteries for how many times they've been charged. The ones with smallest number on them will have been charged the most.

I didn't do a very good job of describing this but hopefully it makes sense. :)

P.S. You will most definitely replace batteries. :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterc222