Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best Buy bound

450 for the EVO 2 and 750 for EVO 2 pro. But who’s counting. Just get the dual, only about $8500. Quit a few bucks more.
Just came in, burned a battery. Aircraft flew outstanding, EVO 1 is just fine for me.
For what i do the EVO 1 does everything I need. I can't justify spending the extra cash on the EVO 2.

Reactions: Tman1265
Glad it worked out. I would take the opportunity to update it now. If it breaks as well, you still can exchange it.
Yes, better to completely update. Remember the issues they had in the beginning with horizon tilt, etc. Updates are updates for good reasons. When you buy many things today, they really aren't finished until the last update. Look at our phones. They go thru several updates and for good reasons.

Yes, better to completely update. Remember the issues they had in the beginning with horizon tilt, etc. Updates are updates for good reasons. When you buy many things today, they really aren't finished until the last update. Look at our phones. They go thru several updates and for good reasons.
I agree when there's a problem. Take the Samsung Note almost every update removes a needed feature. I have old phones that are capable of doing things my newer phone can't. By the way. My controller actually gotta green light. It took a full charge. Maybe due to the update. I still have two other batteries. I guess they will update when I connect them to the drone?

Best Buy's official drone policy is a 15% restocking fee for any returned drone, regardless of membership status, which only alters the return period. However, there is no restocking fee, if there is any defect, and that is in your opinion, not theirs. So, the 15% drone restocking fee can easily be avoided by claiming any defect. However, they rigidly adhere to the return period, which is only 15 days without Elite (30 days) or Elite Plus (45 days) membership status. So, make sure you return/exchange any suspected defective unit before your return period expires, after which there are no returns for any reason.

Reactions: spankmonite
Best Buy's official drone policy is a 15% restocking fee for any returned drone, regardless of membership status, which only alters the return period. However, there is no restocking fee, if there is any defect, and that is in your opinion, not theirs. So, the 15% drone restocking fee can easily be avoided by claiming any defect. However, they rigidly adhere to the return period, which is only 15 days without Elite (30 days) or Elite Plus (45 days) membership status. So, make sure you return/exchange any suspected defective unit before your return period expires, after which there are no returns for any reason.
Some electronics are 14 to 15 days regardless of membership. I'm pretty sure drones would fall into that category.

Some electronics are 14 to 15 days regardless of membership. I'm pretty sure drones would fall into that category.
Good point. However, I can't find anything to support that drones currently fall into that category. It appears to be limited to cell phones, cellular tablets, cellular wearables, and major appliances. If there is such a 14 day limitation, it should be clearly specified on the receipt, like the 15% restocking fee is, which you have to explicitly acknowledge, and accept during your purchase. Whatever the time period, it is strictly enforced, so make sure to observe it carefully.

A347F499-ED07-496F-9815-D4B716787B38.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys, just purchased the Evo this past Friday. Out of the box every thing was flawless. Took it up for a test flight which lasted less that ten minutes. Later it notifies me of firmware update. I follow the instructions to the letter. Update successful with all green lights. Boot up and less than a minute after turning on the craft it loses connection with the controller. I tried the pairing button but it stays solid green. I called Autel support and they tell me there was a problem with the update even though everything was successful. After about three hours of trying I finally score another “successful” update. Less than thirty seconds later the controller loses connection again. Also the controller fan sounds like it’s spinning out of control. This is the same problem I had with the Spark last year. This junk is gonna cost me $150 bucks to return.

Take it back & get a mavic pro. Even the original is better than Autel

If he did that, then he will get charged the 15% restocking fee
Not if the return is based upon a defect, which is solely in his opinion. No 15% BB restocking fee on defective returns.

Not if the return is based upon a defect, which is solely in his opinion. No 15% BB restocking fee on defective returns.
What if the BB representative decides to test it? Down here they do and if they don't, it's an exchange for the same product.

What if the BB representative decides to test it? Down here they do and if they don't, it's an exchange for the same product.
How on earth can they test a drone for a flight defect that is only apparent when flying the drone? They can't legally fly it! Best Buy's official policy in the United States is a refund for any defective product within the appropriate time period. Even if you choose to do an exchange, they fully refund the first one, and sell you the second one on a new receipt, and your refund period starts anew from the date of the second purchase! That's a refund! Nowhere does their refund policy state that you cannot return a defective drone, or can only exchange it for the same product. Please show me where their Refund and Exchange policy on drones is as you say.

Bestbuy Canada I just noticed and not sure when they started selling Autel products as I have checked in the past are selling them through 3rd party resellers. So we here in Canada can only buy on line and you have 30 days to return it if something is wrong with it with zero fees. If you don't like it there is a 20% restocking fee. Good to know bestbuy here in Canada is at least selling Autel products now. Walmart always did but those sales where also online sales.

Bestbuy Canada I just noticed and not sure when they started selling Autel products as I have checked in the past are selling them through 3rd party resellers. So we here in Canada can only buy on line and you have 30 days to return it if something is wrong with it with zero fees. If you don't like it there is a 20% restocking fee. Good to know bestbuy here in Canada is at least selling Autel products now. Walmart always did but those sales where also online sales.
Why anyone would return it, saying they didn't like it, costing themselves 20%, instead of finding any defect (even just a jamming zipper on the shoulder bag in the Fly More Bundle), and then returning it with no restocking fee, is beyond me. What you don't know can cost you! I foolishly chose to have Autel replace the shoulder bag rather than returning it to Best Buy, which would have started my BB return period all over again, and I then became a reluctant owner, when I tried to return it on the 16th day after the original purchase for another defect on the RC, and BB refused.

How on earth can they test a drone for a flight defect that is only apparent when flying the drone? They can't legally fly it! Best Buy's official policy in the United States is a refund for any defective product within the appropriate time period. Even if you choose to do an exchange, they fully refund the first one, and sell you the second one on a new receipt, and your refund period starts anew from the date of the second purchase! That's a refund! Nowhere does their refund policy state that you cannot return a defective drone, or can only exchange it for the same product. Please show me where their Refund and Exchange policy on drones is as you say.
Why can't thry legally fly it? All you need is a 107, which the manager has.

Why anyone would return it, saying they didn't like it, costing themselves 20%, instead of finding any defect (even just a jamming zipper on the shoulder bag in the Fly More Bundle), and then returning it with no restocking fee, is beyond me. What you don't know can cost you! I foolishly chose to have Autel replace the shoulder bag rather than returning it to Best Buy, which would have started my BB return period all over again, and I then became a reluctant owner, when I tried to return it on the 16th day after the original purchase for another defect on the RC, and BB refused.
Because they can. It is of no concern of yours what others do with their money.

Why can't thry legally fly it? All you need is a 107, which the manager has.

Because they can. It is of no concern of yours what others do with their money.
Where are they going to fly it? In the store??
You just love making this stuff up, don't you!

It''s none of your concern either.
Let them get their refunds!

Where are they going to fly it? In the store??
You just love making this stuff up, don't you!

It''s none of your concern either.
Let them get their refunds!
Best Buys in here have a huge parking lot. He can test it there. Wether you believe or not, I don't care, but watch what you say about me.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34