Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Case for Evo

mjbok

Reaction score
Are there any third party cases out for the Evo yet? I don't like the soft sided one that came with it. I have small briefcase type cases for my air and my spark and can't find anything similar for the Evo. Any ideas?

I haven't seen any specific yet, but would like more of a protective hard case as well. Pelican makes a great case, but a little pricey. There also is one called Appache that I have been looking at that is more budget friendly.

I haven't seen any specific yet, but would like more of a protective hard case as well. Pelican makes a great case, but a little pricey. There also is one called Appache that I have been looking at that is more budget friendly.
I have the larger Apache case that accepts Eachine EV800D goggles & a Hubsan H122D with all their accessories. It is an excellent case that comes in 3 sizes from Harbor Freight. I expect a smaller version would work well for the Evo.

Attachments

• Outside Apache case.jpg
    Outside Apache case.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Inside Apache case.jpg
    Inside Apache case.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 68
Any Mavic Pro cases should do the job if you want a compact solution, there are some on Amazon.

Good Luck

Here is a Case I picked up today at HARBOR FREIGHT!

$27.99 plus Tax!

But, the Case has lots of room. You can store your cables and charger in pouch in Lid.

I found that using the FOAM Insert that came in the EVO Box, can be easily adapted to fit in this case.

So, fitted all the components. Check out the Thumbnails. And lots of Room left for other things, Batteries etc.

Good Value!

Leave me comments on what you think!

Attachments

• 20180801_190902.jpg
    20180801_190902.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 95
  • 20180802_071347.jpg
    20180802_071347.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 94
  • 20180802_071356.jpg
    20180802_071356.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
Spoke with B&H and they're shipping me out an EVO case for the purchase in July. To the people who have the case, if you take out the inside padding, does the foam that came in the box fit in the bottom?

Here is a Case I picked up today at HARBOR FREIGHT!

$27.99 plus Tax!

But, the Case has lots of room. You can store your cables and charger in pouch in Lid.

I found that using the FOAM Insert that came in the EVO Box, can be easily adapted to fit in this case.

So, fitted all the components. Check out the Thumbnails. And lots of Room left for other things, Batteries etc.

Good Value!

Leave me comments on what you think!
Nice case but a question... what are you using to mount your iPad mini to the controller? I just got my Evo and I'm planning on using my iPad mini as well.

thanks!

I just received my EVO this week and had an Apache 3800 laying around that I picked up at Harbor Freight on coupon. I’ve seen others pluck out a space for the EVO, but I decided to insert the foam block that came with it. This way, I can grab the block out and throw it into a backpack and off I go.

68AFD61D-97A5-462A-9A69-E7AA66A48C70.jpeg

1469ECA0-85D7-46E4-9A90-79B4B48AE575.jpeg

Reactions: Agabus and KentA
I just received my EVO this week and had an Apache 3800 laying around that I picked up at Harbor Freight on coupon. I’ve seen others pluck out a space for the EVO, but I decided to insert the foam block that came with it. This way, I can grab the block out and throw it into a backpack and off I go.

View attachment 2529

View attachment 2530

What did you use for the other insert?

The block of foam that EVO is sitting in came from the Autel packaging. All the other foam is the pick-and-pull foam that came with the Apache case.

The block of foam that EVO is sitting in came from the Autel packaging. All the other foam is the pick-and-pull foam that came with the Apache case.

I knew the evo piece was from the original packaging, but thanks. That looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Do you remember how much the case was on coupon? Looks to be about 50 bucks regular there.

I was able to get it for $29.99 on coupon. Google “Apache 3800 coupon” and you can find them. Just print them and take them into a store, or use the code online. You can also use a 20% off coupon, found all over the place, but that’ll only take $10 off.

Got this case today. To the person who posted the Apache I have a question. There are two sections of pull foam and a bottom piece. Did you cut through the bottom piece as well? Otherwise I don't think the original evo case will fit, at least it won't on mine. Again, thanks! This looks exactly like what I wanted.

Got this case today. To the person who posted the Apache I have a question. There are two sections of pull foam and a bottom piece. Did you cut through the bottom piece as well? Otherwise I don't think the original evo case will fit, at least it won't on mine. Again, thanks! This looks exactly like what I wanted.

I cut one or both upper layers as was appropriate in keeping the parts near the surface. The thin bottom layer is whole. The controller (on edge) & the pocket for assorted junk went down 2 layers, while the goggles & the little bird only penetrated a single layer to keep them within easy reach. Fortunately the quilted foam in the lid makes precise height adjustment unnecessary.

Nice case, don't you think?

Attachments

• Inside Apache case.jpg
    Inside Apache case.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 40
You’re 100% correct - you need to cut all three layers in order to use the Autel block of foam that came with it.

Here are the three different layers with how I made the cuts...

Attachments

• 39B2B48E-1D3F-4662-9B48-17B701F01B0C.jpeg
    39B2B48E-1D3F-4662-9B48-17B701F01B0C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 4829E959-A03B-4B57-88C3-890537CD498D.jpeg
    4829E959-A03B-4B57-88C3-890537CD498D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • 0ED0FE1D-41F1-45A4-8424-6650DC5EDECD.jpeg
    0ED0FE1D-41F1-45A4-8424-6650DC5EDECD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41

Latest threads

Members online