Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Case for Evo

You’re 100% correct - you need to cut all three layers in order to use the Autel block of foam that came with it.

Here are the three different layers with how I made the cuts...

That's what I figured. Thanks for the response and the pics. I'm torn about how to do the batteries as well as the props. The extra batteries came in form fitted foam and I might use that (similar to how the foam for the bird is used). How do you handle props, wires, etc.? The wires can just go in a bag, but props needs some protection. I've been looking for a plastic case (maybe a pencil case?) that can be used for the props. Of course until extra props are available from Autel this is a non starter.

Last question is I don't see a spot for the phone/tablet in your setup. Are you using your regular phone? I prefer a dedicated device for my drones and have a phone that is used for the Evo and nothing else.

I just ordered the lowepro drone guard cs200 for $60 from best buy. Will pick up in little while. Checkout YouTube
he uses the mavic pro but moves the inserts. check out his video.

Hey mjbok - yeah, no worries - any time.

I too was thinking about using the foam blocks that the batteries came in, but after laying it out, I thought it took up too much real-estate for my needs.

As for the props, I store them under the drone (see pics) in the middle slot. I also keep my fiber cloth tucked away down there - the fiber cloth also protects the blades a little.

I store all of my wires in the bottom right slot - that slot goes through two layers of foam, so plenty of space for them there.

You're correct - I use my everyday iPhone X. But, like you, I'm thinking about buying a dedicated device. I left the spot to the far right, where the two memory card cases are stored, for either a phone or small tablet - there's plenty of space for one there.

There's also plenty of storage space behind the top (lid) piece of foam. I store my AMA and FAA cards, along with instructions and additional memory cards (see pic). I just stuck a shipping label holder onto the plastic. It works well, but I need to get a bigger one that will allow for stuff to go in there. In looking at the upper piece of foam, I was also thinking about cutting slots in the sides (or top/bottom sides) of the upper foam to store additional blades, memory cards, etc.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• jwBTpesNSG6Qo%o883PNag.jpg
    jwBTpesNSG6Qo%o883PNag.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • Qu8EZd3mRRioRZUxBMx8ow.jpg
    Qu8EZd3mRRioRZUxBMx8ow.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
FYI - It looks like Autel now has a hard case for the EVO. Looks nice, but at $119, I'll stick with the Apache case.

EVO Hard Case - CASE ONLY

Attachments

• EVO7_AB8I4857Edited_fcb97753-4bdf-4078-b391-c98b893283a1_grande.png
    EVO7_AB8I4857Edited_fcb97753-4bdf-4078-b391-c98b893283a1_grande.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 15
  • EVO2_AB8I4830Edited_dc317079-3c38-46ef-a4b0-89291eb5cd50_small.png
    EVO2_AB8I4830Edited_dc317079-3c38-46ef-a4b0-89291eb5cd50_small.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 17
  • EV13_AB8I4849Edited_small.png
    EV13_AB8I4849Edited_small.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
so I pick up the lowes droneguard cs 200, get it home and its not deep enough for the evo so don't buy.

The official GPC case for the Evo arrived in the mail today. It is a nice case, but GPC could have waited a bit before sealing it up and shipping it. Opened the case to a big whiff of solvent, but thought no big deal. New foam in a sealed case for several days is bound to have a smell, but it will air out. Pack the Evo, 2 batteries, charger, and controller into the top, then grab the handles to lift that section out, and the right side handle separates from the foam. Looking closer at the foam there are spots where two layers meet that can be pulled apart as the glue joint is still wet.

If anyone else orders one of these you may want to let the case sit overnight with the lid open to let the glues finish drying.

You’re 100% correct - you need to cut all three layers in order to use the Autel block of foam that came with it.

Here are the three different layers with how I made the cuts...

I stole your layout, but added one thing. Underneath the controller I took out a row at the top and a row at the bottom (of the lower level of foam) and props (in the box they come in with the hanger tag cut off) fit perfectly.

Reactions: LoCoLocal
I stole your layout, but added one thing. Underneath the controller I took out a row at the top and a row at the bottom (of the lower level of foam) and props (in the box they come in with the hanger tag cut off) fit perfectly.
Nice! And great idea to add a spot for the props.

Harbor Freight Apache 3800 ($29.00) case is a perfect fit for the EVO and accessories!!!!!

4+1 batteries, RCU, ND/CP Filters, 3 pair of spare props and container for cables, SD cards and cleaning pads

Attachments

• IMG_3950.JPG
    IMG_3950.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3949.JPG
    IMG_3949.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: Alaska and KentA
Harbor Freight just came out with an Extra Large case - the 4800 - can't wait to get my hands on it. This could be a really nice case for the EVO. And what a value at $44.99!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 8.46.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 8.46.51 AM.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 20
LoCo,

I just got my 3800 and followed your idea of using the block from the original Evo packaging.
Great idea. And saves the time of picking foam to create the right shape.

LoCo,

I just got my 3800 and followed your idea of using the block from the original Evo packaging.
Great idea. And saves the time of picking foam to create the right shape.

Get some of their liquid electrical tape and paint a thin layer on the foam with it... It'll create a nice surface that keeps the pick and pull foam from separating and further.

Reactions: Tufargon and KentA
Never heard of that stuff. Thanks for the tip...I was already wondering how much wear and tear that foam could take.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here, just got my Evo on Friday, and am considering buying the GPC case. Does anyone know if the bottom area with the iPad "tray" can hold the powerextra multi-battery charger? I believe it is about 1.5" thick. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here, just got my Evo on Friday, and am considering buying the GPC case. Does anyone know if the bottom area with the iPad "tray" can hold the powerextra multi-battery charger? I believe it is about 1.5" thick. Thanks in advance.

No. I'd say .5 -.75" is the thickest you could go, and you might have to remove the tray for the thicker stuff.

No. I'd say .5 -.75" is the thickest you could go, and you might have to remove the tray for the thicker stuff.

Thanks UnRanged. Going to go to harbor freight and give one of the apache cases a go.

Thanks UnRanged. Going to go to harbor freight and give one of the apache cases a go.

No problem. I recommend the liquid tape to skin the foam but have been told that the Plasti-Dip spray works without eating the foam. And puts a nice thick skin down.

Picked up my 3800 today and got to work on plucking. Gave myself some room for additional accessories with this layout. What a great idea using the foam that the drone came in, really saved a lot of time and fits securely.

I know this isn't necessarily a case question, and apologies if this is not the best way to ask, but does anyone know of a remote stick protector that is being sold for the EVO?4133

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evo1jg