Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CRASHED my XSP today!

Windwalker7

Reaction score
I spent the afternoon out flying. I flew 3 batteries and was on the fourth and last battery. I was flying across a field, toward the wood line. I thought I had enough height to skim over the trees on the other side of the field (250 yards away). NOPE!!! I hit the top of the tree flying at a good clip. I caught it all on video and will try to post it tomorrow. I did some editing for a little comedy effect.

I could hear it falling thru the limbs. I was sick to my stomache walking across the field. To my surprise, nothing was broke. I checked it over real good and flew the remainder of the battery.

I'll post the video tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cider Boy
Glad to hear all good... looking forward to the vid.

Regards from the UK.

Cider Boy.

fyi, check the top and bottom housing edges around the motors....ive never crashed-just fly alot....im getting a little gap in my left rear motor, like the screws are getting a little loose....your a lucky pilot for not damaging your pumpkin....do you think collision avoidance would have picked up those limbs?

fyi, check the top and bottom housing edges around the motors....ive never crashed-just fly alot....im getting a little gap in my left rear motor, like the screws are getting a little loose....your a lucky pilot for not damaging your pumpkin....do you think collision avoidance would have picked up those limbs?

No, collision avoidance cannot be depended on to prevent this type of crash.

Although I'd like to have CA for peace of mind, I believe it's minimally effective and/or initiated to save a pending crash. Other than the drama queen pilots who prove it works by purposely trying to fly their Drone into a building at a slow rate of speed. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman