Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Broke...less then a week.

Kirkster

Reaction score
Took my evo out today on its third flight. Motors run for a few seconds then shut off. Unbelievable...calling Autel tomorrow.

Took my evo out today on its third flight. Motors run for a few seconds then shut off. Unbelievable...calling Autel tomorrow.
This one is all on me. My error. If you toe in the controller sticks for more then a few seconds the motors will shut off. They behave differently on the EVO than my Mavic Pro. I learned something today..

Reactions: UnRanged
They are so quiet on start up if you had a hearing issue you would have to look at the props to know its running.

Aside from operator error, I'm waiting to hear how this thing will hold up over time. I was charging my controller yesterday and some strange noise were coming out of it. I'm a little skittish from owning a couple of yuneec drones. My H is in the shop again for its 5th repair under warranty.

Reactions: macoman
My controller broke also the shutter button.autel was quick to return my email and give me a rma # for repair

New Evo owner here, just got it tonight and haven't flown yet, but i was wondering about this very thing... is it possible to disable the toe in motor kill during flight? I'm scared to death of having this thing fall out of the sky as I frantically try to restart the motors.

Btw, sorry for resurrecting an old thread like this.

This one is all on me. My error. If you toe in the controller sticks for more then a few seconds the motors will shut off. They behave differently on the EVO than my Mavic Pro. I learned something today..

I had the film on the lens for three days before I noticed. And I thought the pics looked good..

My controller is breaking. One of the antennas has a pivot pin missing. It also has two of the three remaining coming out. Autel support has gone into slow motion. I cut up a tooth pick to use as a pin.

This is a known issue from early on...There are a few vid's on YouTube showing a fix

Aside from operator error, I'm waiting to hear how this thing will hold up over time. I was charging my controller yesterday and some strange noise were coming out of it. I'm a little skittish from owning a couple of yuneec drones. My H is in the shop again for its 5th repair under warranty.

You sure it's not the fan in the controller making noise?

What did you find out exactly? I'm curious.
There's a thread on this forum somewhere discussing it, I didn't bookmark it and my search button is flaking out on me. Try searching the key words "toe in accidental kill during flight" or something like that, I found it right by this thread in the results.

What did you find out exactly? I'm curious.

Another thread discussing the toe in toe out emergency stop feature, and how unlikely it is to accidentally engage it in flight. Very Unlikely, as it takes about 2-3 seconds to actuate... Which is a LONG time

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman