Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware doesn't upgrade

PcolaBird

Reaction score
I cannot get the firmware upgrade to complete. Downloaded the firmware version V2.0.12 and followed the instructions for updating. The controller showed me it completed the flight controller and gimbal packs, but did not go beyond that. Tried re-initiating a couple of times, but the upgrade will not start. What am I doing wrong?

Wayne Maine,
Are you saying that v2.0.8 is the same as 2.0.12? If so, I do not believe that is correct. Others, please chime in and correct me if I am wrong.
PcolaBird: The video on how to upgrade the firmware suggests that you contact autel if the upgrade does not 'take'. I recommend you do that as well as wait for the more knowledgeable on this forum give you some advice also.

There was two changes from 2.0.08 to 2.0.12 but they were minor.
  1. Added altitude protection feature during flight if the Starpoint is blocked
  2. Bug fixes.
Give this a try to install the firmware.
Insert SD card into the camera with X-Star turned off.
Next start your RC controller and let it boot up with out any phone or tablet connect.
Next start the X-Star up and pay attention to the LCD screen on the controller. It should start to unpack the firmware for the install.
If it starts to install let it say finished on the RC controller.

Did you install the latest beta before the official was released?
If so you are already up to date.

You should have something like this after the install.

23231347_10159617506065241_3559564684939542591_n.jpg

Reactions: Cider Boy
1105171652.jpg 1105171719.jpg 1105171720_Burst01.jpg 1105171652.jpg 1105171719.jpg 1105171720_Burst01.jpg Hi all...thanks for the responses. The upgrade did install and seems to be working properly. I checked the individual components and they all had the upgrade versions. It seems the problem, as least in my case, was in the message function on the controller screen. The messages seemed to contradict each other or did not reflect what was happening. (See the screen shots attached.) I tried to fire up the motors, but the message said unable to start motors because it was upgrading. About an hour later, I shut everything down for the day. This morning, everything worked and flew a short flight. Everything seems normal. I'm guessing the issue is with the way the tiny screen messages are composed and what the intended message is supposed to be. Oh well. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo