Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from Abq, NM

Orangecrusherman

Reaction score
New to this forum, and drones as well. But I have my X Star premium on order and should arrive by this Sunday! Looking forward to flying it, as well as learning all it can do...

I've never operated a drone but have operated/raced Nitro cars in the past, as well as an indoor copter. Still have my cars but am now looking to have an "eye in the sky" birdie to play with!
Drones seem like soo much fun. Can't wait...

I'm cautious with "big boy toys", especially cause they cost soo much. I've been searching for all the info I can get. Watched several vids on youtube, and must say there are some very cool and informational vids out there!
Any suggestions for a 1st time drone flyer?? I've been thinking of buying me a "cheapo" just to practice indoors with, but not sure if that will help much being that this is an outdoor drone...suggestions...

Anyways, glad for this forum, hope to learn a thing or two from here...Thanks all!

Reactions: JR Videography
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.

You will find the drones with GPS like the Autel will fly themselves. That being said, there is a lot of knowledge that goes along with it. Be sure and check the FAA website if you are in the USA so you know which rules to follow. Here is the link for hobby flyers - Fly for Fun under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft

Enjoy!

Reactions: Orangecrusherman
welcome- I dont think you need to get a cheap one to practice, Its easy to fly, just follow directions as in getting it ready and stay cautious on your flights, you will probably get real comforable with it and thats when you could get in trouble. Get good with it close and not high and things will be great. Being a heli guy in the past understanding its movements will not be an issue thats why I say get to know your drone before running it off in the sunset as you see alot here do (LOL). Happy flying, stay safe and enjoy.

Reactions: Orangecrusherman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain