Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help!!

RedAlert

Reaction score
So went to fly today and couldn't get the starlink app to function correctly. I am using an iphone 6 with ios 11.2.6 on it. Once the bird, rc and app are running, I can watch the top of the home screen change from Xstar Premium to just Xstar. When I hit connect, I get a gray screen with no control over anything. The status window pops up and it say RC disconnected, no gps signal, no sd card. Everything else is marked as ok. So to experiment I tried my ipad out, also running 11.2.6. Worked perfect. Tried my girlfriends phone out (exactly the same as mine) worked perfect. So I tried mine out agin, instant issues. I turned off wifi on the phone and it works fine. Turned it back on, instant errors. I can't figure this out for the life of me. I'll attach some screen shots

Attachments

• image3.png
    image3.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 16
Must be your phone if another phone works okay. It may be the usb connector on your phone

Didn't iOS 11.2.6 just come out the other day? WOnder if it is causing a problem for starlink on some phones?

Last edited:
The only weird thing is. Both my ipad and girlfriends phone are both running 11.2.6 as well. When the issues happen on my phone, and I go into the starlink settings, it even brings up the login info for wifi, as if it thinks I have a standard xstar.

Pretty strange. I saw on Autels Facebook page today someone asking if others have tried the new iOS yet and no one replied. Some said they turned off auto update.

I went over the post on facebook again and some have posted it runs Starlink just fine. The update was some small bug fix that should not cause Starlink to act up. Autel works 7 days a week, give them a call or email ask what is up.

Already dropped them a line and got a response. He;'s just as stumped as I am. Weird thing is. If my phones wifi is on and connected to a my network (my coverage goes across my entire property) it gives me the error. If I turn my phones wifi off, it works fine. If my wifi is on, but I walk down the road so it disconnects, it works fine. Very odd.

Have you tried removing it from the phone and doing a hard reboot then reinstalling it? Other than that I have no idea either.
Maybe gremlins LOL

The only other thing I can think of is to try to re-establish your WiFi connection. Settings, WiFi, forget this network, hard reset, and try hooking-up again...

So after a few back and forth emails with tech support, noone had any ideas. As a last ditch effort, I did a factory reset on the phone and reset it up as a new phone (no restore performed). Boom works perfect. Full controls and no errors/cautions. No idea what could have happened. even double checked all my phone settings compared to my girl's phone and my ipad and all settings were identical. Just happy it's working again

Reactions: KentA
So went to fly today and couldn't get the starlink app to function correctly. I am using an iphone 6 with ios 11.2.6 on it. Once the bird, rc and app are running, I can watch the top of the home screen change from Xstar Premium to just Xstar. When I hit connect, I get a gray screen with no control over anything. The status window pops up and it say RC disconnected, no gps signal, no sd card. Everything else is marked as ok. So to experiment I tried my ipad out, also running 11.2.6. Worked perfect. Tried my girlfriends phone out (exactly the same as mine) worked perfect. So I tried mine out agin, instant issues. I turned off wifi on the phone and it works fine. Turned it back on, instant errors. I can't figure this out for the life of me. I'll attach some screen shots
Dump apple!!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone