Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Late Afternoon Flight To The Falls

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Lazy afternoon so took the X-Star out for a run. Not much water coming over the falls. We need some rain to clean up winters mess and get everything green again. First time I had a disconnect going over to the falls from my yard. Had to cancel out RTH a couple of times. You will see it swing around fast wanting to come home but as soon as I had control again I canceled it out. Probably because I was lower then normal.

Lazy afternoon so took the X-Star out for a run. Not much water coming over the falls. We need some rain to clean up winters mess and get everything green again. First time I had a disconnect going over to the falls from my yard. Had to cancel out RTH a couple of times. You will see it swing around fast wanting to come home but as soon as I had control again I canceled it out. Probably because I was lower then normal.

Really good stuff.......I look forward to your posts....

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Really pretty falls — I never noticed the sheer rock cliffs before, a very unique area! So, being lower could have caused the disconnects? Why do you think? It’s scary. I’ve had two. First time I figured I was too close to some power lines. Second time it was in the middle of nowhere. I tried a few things, nothing helped until I re-binded the remote to the XSP — then all was well. Autel says you have to re-bind occasionally, but gives no further explanation...

Last edited:
Autel says you have to re-bind occasionally, but gives no further explanation...

Wow never heard about rebinding before.
Its 4200 feet from my back yard to the falls and trees are the main problem. With the chance of those dang helicopters coming back I wanted to be lower than normal. I'm sure I would have heard them coming a long time before getting out of the way but why take chances.

3 years ago I lost a Typhoon Q500 at the bottom of those cliffs, they are very high and no way of getting down there. The reason it still sits down there being fish bait :)

Wow never heard about rebinding before.
Its 4200 feet from my back yard to the falls and trees are the main problem. With the chance of those dang helicopters coming back I wanted to be lower than normal. I'm sure I would have heard them coming a long time before getting out of the way but why take chances.

3 years ago I lost a Typhoon Q500 at the bottom of those cliffs, they are very high and no way of getting down there. The reason it still sits down there being fish bait :)
That would be a great flight, I was eyeing it, along those cliffs at sunset. I’d be hair-raising as hell. If you did crash, even if you could get down there to recover it, I’d be a dangerous trek, fast moving freezing water ! That’s the kind of terrain that’s all over the Big Island....except for the freezing water :D

Nice footage! Keep'em coming.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo