Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Master Airscrew props on ebay

Well if the improvements are real then Autel's props can't be optimum.
A Rolls Royce vehicle is optimum. And, a Porsche is optimum. Which one is best is determined by what you want to do with it.

Guess what I found in my stocking this morning? Couldn't wait to do a comparison between the MA and stock screws (both new).
Good review, and similar to that which I've found. The fact that one can climb faster definitely indicates that the MA's are a little more efficient.
Obviously, it would be hard to see a significant difference between the Autel and MA props. (Because the Autel props are very good to start with). But, I've definitely found a difference in sound and efficiency. And, because the MA's are a little more efficient, you'll get a little better battery life. However, that is very hard to determine unless the comparison flights are exactly alike.

Why are the tips curved up? For what advantage?

Best answer I could find.

Adding winglets to the prop ends makes the blades more efficient in that they can produce more lift. So, this means that it can produce the same force as a normal propeller, but with a smaller radius. Smaller radius in turn means slower propeller tip velocities, and since propeller tip noise is one of the biggest factors in piston airplane noise...less noise overall! However, because the propeller design produces more lift than its standard counterpart, as a consequence there is more induced drag. The added induced drag makes it slightly less efficient. At least that's the theory. I've seen no data that proves there's any real difference between the two designs when it comes to efficiency in terms of force required to keep the thing spinning.

The additional "lift" is generated essentially by recycling the wing vortex (or in this case propeller) that would otherwise be wasted if not for the winglet. The reduced noise (for the reason stated above) is a side benefit as are increased fuel efficiency and stability. Airbus dubbed them Sharklets. Same thing.

FYI - It's not all a "plus". There is a fine line between value add and too much. Hence, just because a wing or propeller doesn't have winglets, doesn't make it a "bad" design by any means.

Well, 1st & last set of these expensive, flimsy props. Back to OEM. I 'bumped' into some branches and 2 props broke in half, 1 just shattered, and the last one has a big chip in it. I have 'bumped' into LOTS of things with the OEM props. I've busted one in 6 months. These didn't last a week. I did like they were quieter, but overall, they were way less responsive. The air brakes were almost non-existent.

Well, I wanted to try them out and I did. ;)

Well, 1st & last set of these expensive, flimsy props. Back to OEM. I 'bumped' into some branches and 2 props broke in half, 1 just shattered, and the last one has a big chip in it. I have 'bumped' into LOTS of things with the OEM props. I've busted one in 6 months. These didn't last a week. I did like they were quieter, but overall, they were way less responsive. The air brakes were almost non-existent.

Because you bumped into a branch they are no good.

Because you bumped into a branch they are no good.

No. You obviously just gleaned over everything else to get to your statement. The MA props are too fragile. Plain and simple. They are not worthy of the durability of the pumpkin. I liked they were quiet, but at this stage of fragility, it is not worth the cost.

Not sure what you paid for the MA props, but I paid $18.49 (including shipping) for a set of 4. Best I could find for OEM props was about $10/pair. I have an unused set of prop guards for sale if your interested.

Funny I found them to be way more responsive and the so called air brakes worked just like OEM props. If you want over priced props buy a set of carbon fiber props. Maybe you should as you seem to bump into a lot of stuff.

No. You obviously just gleaned over everything else to get to your statement. The MA props are too fragile. Plain and simple. They are not worthy of the durability of the pumpkin. I liked they were quiet, but at this stage of fragility, it is not worth the cost.
Just maybe they saved your Drone from further damage by being a tad softer.

Reactions: KentA
Not sure what you paid for the MA props, but I paid $18.49 (including shipping) for a set of 4. Best I could find for OEM props was about $10/pair. I have an unused set of prop guards for sale if your interested.
LOL...No need but thanks for the offer. The price was comparable.

Funny I found them to be way more responsive and the so called air brakes worked just like OEM props. If you want over priced props buy a set of carbon fiber props. Maybe you should as you seem to bump into a lot of stuff.
Mine when braking it just keeps going compared to the OEM props. No, NOT looking for overpriced props, thanks. The drone is used everyday, multiple times a day. Bumps happen. If a prop can't withstand a twig before shattering, I don't need it regardless of any performance gain claims. They WERE quieter though. But after going back to the OEM...the difference is not enough to keep me buying the MAS..

Just maybe they saved your Drone from further damage by being a tad softer.
LOL...Not in the least, if anything, they will sooner (rather than later) CAUSE damage to the drone by shattering and eliminating lift. I have zero doubt that the OEM props would have either sliced thru the branch/twig.branchlette/whatever OR just bounced it away and kept flying like it always has. ;)

Maybe I'm not understanding the terminology being used. My MA props have a MUCH higher pitch than the Autel props.

View attachment 1728
There are only two kinds of pitch I'm aware of. Blade pitch. Stock props are 5.5" pitch, while the MA props I bought are 5". Lower angle of attack, less drag, and it should generate less thrust at the same RPM. And audible pitch. MA props have a lower audio pitch, which implies lower RPM. which should also generate less lift.
But people are saying it climbs faster, and the only way it could do that is by generating more thrust, and to do that with a lower pitch and a lower RPM can only mean some large gain in efficiency.

A Rolls Royce vehicle is optimum. And, a Porsche is optimum. Which one is best is determined by what you want to do with it.
That's not a good analogy. 'What we want to do with it' is fly a specific aircraft at its highest possible power efficiency without sacrificing performance. It's more like debating which tire would be optimum on the Rolls.

I paid $11.54 with free shipping on ebay.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterc222