Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Master Airscrew props on ebay

I agree with Augustine... Logic says that it would be nearly impossible for any [brand] prop nut to come loose - since the prop nuts tighten with the motor turn. Even if the prop was/is not tightened on before starting the motors, it would still tighten down once the motors start.

The only thing you have to worry about with self tightening props is hard braking motors. When they stop and if you have a lose prop nut it will continue to spin itself off. I have seen this done on the Typhoon Q500 quads until Yuneec redid the firmware so braking was not so hard.

Just ordered a white set on Amazon. I guess I'll know soon enough if they are worth it or not. I'm not un-happy with the OEM props...

They must be a hell of a lot more efficient if they give better flight time AND a faster climb rate with lower pitch. Maybe Autel's props are too high a pitch for the motors.

They must be a hell of a lot more efficient if they give better flight time AND a faster climb rate with lower pitch. Maybe Autel's props are too high a pitch for the motors.
Not at all. The OEM props are excellent.

Not at all. The OEM props are excellent.

Autel props are just that, OEM props made to perform a standard for the quad in use. Companies make changes to standard props to make them perform better and Master Airscrew is just one of them.

AERONAUT CAMCARBON
MAYTECH CF PROPS
&
APC 9550MR-P3 props are just a few that come to mind that make better than OEM props.

I am actually a big fan of carbon fiber props. When my warranty is gone at the end of Jan. I plan on using aeronaut CF props as they perform much better in my opinion.
If you have been flying quads for some time you can tell the difference they make. The APC 9550MR-P3 props look to use the same design but are not carbon fiber.

I have 2 sets of the MA props, but I just updated the firmware and I'm going to wait until I'm more used to the machine before I try them so I'll have a better sense of the difference.

I ordered the props on eBay, and they arrived today....in an Amazon bubble wrap bag from Las Vegas! Say what....? Does this make any sense at all?
MAS1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Agustine, Master Airscrew Props are a tad quieter and noticeably more responsive, especially on launch. In a sound sensitive area, I love the fact I’m up and gone in seconds.

I’ve never had one prop come even a little loose. I find them very secure when properly installed — but I check them anyway. They seem truly balanced from the factory. I’m over 30 flights on them, and have nothing but praise for the product. They don’t chip easily and are soft enough to sand-out small nicks — when some dufus occasionally lands on gravel in a less than graceful manner ...☹️

I just bought 4 more sets, that’s all I fly now...

Last edited:
" They don’t chip easily and are soft enough to sand-out small nicks — "

Be careful, this is how you get them out of balance by removing material...

Guess what I found in my stocking this morning? Couldn't wait to do a comparison between the MA and stock screws (both new).

Run time is very difficult to quantify without lab equipment.

Noise is also subjective but seems like the MA props are quieter. I especially noticed the reduction in noise when I accelerated vertically at full power. Non-scientifically speaking, I can still hear the stock props at 350'. the noise from the MA props seems to become very faint at about 250'/275'.

Performance is also subjective depending on what you are doing. I decided to perform a series of "time to climb" tests as a benchmark.
After timing a climb to 400 feet from the same launch point (5 times for each set of props), the result showed that the MA props resulted in a solid 5% improvement in performance over the stock props. Whether or not you can equate the increased climb performance to other activities or not is debatable.

Notes: The MA props seem to be a bit more difficult to install than the stock props. They were tighter on the threads and hence, take more work to get them seated. Mine didn't simply "spin down" like the stock props. I couldn't get 1 of the props to start on the threads at all. Upon inspection, the nut was not fully seated and was aligned at a slight angle. I noticed it was not engaged on one of the tabs all the way. Applying pressure to the top of the nut resulted in a "snap" and resolved the issue.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

And yet MA states all props are balance checked. Obviously not if the nut was set at an angle. ;)

Maybe I'm not understanding the terminology being used. My MA props have a MUCH higher pitch than the Autel props.

20171110_133625 (1280x720).jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panampefa