Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Product Release: Evo Evolution 2 Wet Suits - Designed to fly in the rain

phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
We took the Concepts that worked incredibly well with the Mavic 2 pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Wet Suits and modified them to the EVO II Pro

We took Creative License as the Blocky Design was hard to look at so we changed that a bit rather than follow it.

We followed the Same Design and engineering on the Wet Suit for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro Vents where air can still move freely but rain cannot get in.

We added the Water Proof Plugs

to the top sensors as heavy rain can compromise the Sensors on top

We found the Power Button not to be water proof and easily pressed so we changed that and Added a Power Button Seal on the Wet Suit - It Protects from the Rain and accidental pressing of the power button

We Sealed the back of the Battery using the Same Seal System we used on the Mavic Batteries
where we covered the seams and use the 3M adhesive to keep it secured to the drone.

On the Bottom of the Drone is the Surge Mask that acts as a drip off for the rain.

The Idea is was to keep the Neoprene as thin as possible and to keep the Weight to 1 ounce or less.
Make the drone more Water Resistant to with stand extreme weather conditions.

We always choose a more minimal but Functional Approach with just a little bit of design.

The install takes about 5 minutes
Weighs about 1 ounce

Even if you dont plan on flying in the Rain,
we think the look is an improvement and the Non Slip grips is nice as well as protecting the battery from accidentally powering on.

As with all of our Wet Suit will be flying them in the Rain every chance we get.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the rain .

If there is any interest
email me at [email protected]

The Wet Suit for the Forum Members will come with 2 Color Designs and Retail $94.95
They will come with 3 Battery covers and 3 Power Button Seals.

The Battery and the Vents are the Weak Links and why we developed the Wet Suits.

Neon Blue :

Screenshot 08-23-2020 19.51.57.jpg

Screenshot 08-23-2020 20.01.01.jpg

Screenshot 08-23-2020 20.07.23.jpg

NEON RED :

screenshot_02.png

screenshot_01.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the Autel forum. I've seen you in the Mavic forum. Nice to see you branching out. Hopefully I'll have a suit for my MA2 in the future!

For almost 1200 grams, I would be curious to attend the test.
It may float for a little while, but the electronics will still be filled with water, with the consequences we know.

Perhaps you can clarify this statement. In your post you said:
" Gear to fly your drone in the rain and float on water. "
Are you stating your skin will make the UAV float?

No the Wet Suit is to Negotiate the Hard pouring rain but
we may consider making a Rescue jacket for it which is a separate item to make it Float.

Last edited:
For almost 1200 grams, I would be curious to attend the test.
It may float for a little while, but the electronics will still be filled with water, with the consequences we know.

The Wet Suit is not designed to Float , Its only designed to Negotiate the Pouring Rain .

We may consider making the Rescue Jacket like we did for the Mavic Air 2.
which you can watch on the Web Site : Phantomrain.org This would be a Separate Unit we call a Rescue Jacket to make it float.

1 ounce of Neoprene is not going to make anything FLOAT> But it will allow you to Fly in the Pouring Rain the same way the Mavic 2 , Mavic Air 2 and Phantom 4 Do , but even longer. ;)

The idea is certainly good, but I still have enough wit not to fly neither my Evo nor my Mavic 2 pro or nor my H520, devices at almost 2000 Euros in the rain.
Remember that the basket is not waterproof.
End of story for me.

Reactions: parkgt
The idea is certainly good, but I still have enough wit not to fly neither my Evo nor my Mavic 2 pro or nor my H520, devices at almost 2000 Euros in the rain.
Remember that the basket is not waterproof.
End of story for me.
What is the Basket ?

We have found that the Camera on the EVO is Very well Protected and extremely Water Resistant.

The real problem with EVO are the vents , and the top sensors and the battery cover, the camera was not an issue in any of our tests.

So the Wet Suit enhances those weak links and allows you a 30 minute flight in the pouring rain without damage to the drone or worry of water getting inside the battery.

Rain happens , Storms are fun to Record and the Pictures very rewarding.
We expect it will work well for Search and Rescue also to be able to Negotiate Extreme Weather .

When we look at what the Mavic 2 / Phantom Series drones have done in the Extreme Weather .
The EVO should be able to offer even longer flights in the Pouring Rain without Risk.

Take a look at the Air 2 in a heavy rain. with the Wet Suit protecting the Battery and vents.
No reason to panic and get home safely. We expect the EVO to excel.

The Phantom 4 also had the vents many of them and the weak Battery seal and look it what happened when we applied the Phantom Wet Suit it changed the game for Phantom 4 in extreme weather as well as the Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom

The EVO 2 with the Evolution Wet Suit should crush the Water Game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufargon
We have found that the Camera on the EVO is Very well Protected and extremely Water Resistant.

The real problem with EVO are the vents , and the top sensors and the battery cover, the camera was not an issue in any of our tests.

So the Wet Suit enhances those weak links and allows you a 30 minute flight in the pouring rain without damage to the drone or worry of water getting inside the battery.

Rain happens , Storms are fun to Record and the Pictures very rewarding.
We expect it will work well for Search and Rescue also to be able to Negotiate Extreme Weather .

When we look at what the Mavic 2 / Phantom Series drones have done in the Extreme Weather .
The EVO should be able to offer even longer flights in the Pouring Rain without Risk.

Take a look at the Air 2 in a heavy rain. with the Wet Suit protecting the Battery and vents.
No reason to panic and get home safely. We expect the EVO to excel.

The Phantom 4 also had the vents many of them and the weak Battery seal and look it what happened when we applied the Phantom Wet Suit it changed the game for Phantom 4 in extreme weather as well as the Mavic 2 Pro/ Zoom

The EVO 2 with the Evolution Wet Suit should crush the Water Game.

hi there do you have any videos with the evo 2 and do you have other colors , i would like orange or black as a content creator
if you havent done the video yet,please try and do different focal zooms in slowly out , so we can clearly see the water impact . i personally wouldn't fly in the rain,so for us this would only be for escaping and hopefully save the drone as we fly in the mountains and our weather systems change withing seconds like night and day lol... what about some kind floating device , i remember you guys a few years back when you did the P4 wet suit as i call it lol.. thanks again

hi there do you have any videos with the evo 2 and do you have other colors , i would like orange or black as a content creator
if you havent done the video yet,please try and do different focal zooms in slowly out , so we can clearly see the water impact . i personally wouldn't fly in the rain,so for us this would only be for escaping and hopefully save the drone as we fly in the mountains and our weather systems change withing seconds like night and day lol... what about some kind floating device , i remember you guys a few years back when you did the P4 wet suit as i call it lol.. thanks again

Yes we are making a Black Version Evo Evolution Wet Suit that will post soon.

We have yet to have any rain storms since picking ti up but we will fly in the rain as they roll in.

As far as the Rescue Jacket for the EVO i dont think were going to get the demand for them as we did
with the DJI pilots. But will see.;)

Reactions: Ai.Imaging
Yes we are making a Black Version Evo Evolution Wet Suit that will post soon.

We have yet to have any rain storms since picking ti up but we will fly in the rain as they roll in.

As far as the Rescue Jacket for the EVO i dont think were going to get the demand for them as we did
with the DJI pilots. But will see.;)
ya i hear you there, some are getting to much rain,and some not enough depending where you are located on the globe , let us know what and when ..

thank you ;-)

ya i hear you there, some are getting to much rain,and some not enough depending where you are located on the globe , let us know what and when ..

thank you ;-)

I think the Neon Blue offer a better visual but this would look great with a Skin.
There is no doubt that orange is hard to work with , its a shame they dont make the Evo in black.

Screenshot 08-28-2020 00.02.53.jpg

2019012795181654.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 08-27-2020 23.54.15.jpg
    Screenshot 08-27-2020 23.54.15.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I can see why this idea is appealing, but I'm skeptical. What about protecting the motors? They are not sealed. And once the lens gets water on it, shooting useful footage isn't likely happening anyway.

In order to risk a $2000 aircraft to this product in the rain (not even heavy rain), what guarantee is there of its effectiveness? If my drone is destroyed due to rain using this, is the company paying to replace it?

Without written confirmation of a policy to stand behind the claims as such, I would have to pass.

Reactions: mixchief
Brushless RC motors run under water no problem. Even motors with brushes in them run under water and this was a common thing to break them in. As for your camera lens it is sealed very well. It would take a good dunking in a river or lake for water to get into your camera.

We took the Concepts that worked incredibly well with the Mavic 2 pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Wet Suits and modified them to the EVO II Pro

We took Creative License as the Blocky Design was hard to look at so we changed that a bit rather than follow it.

We followed the Same Design and engineering on the Wet Suit for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro Vents where air can still move freely but rain cannot get in.

We added the Water Proof Plugs

to the top sensors as heavy rain can compromise the Sensors on top

We found the Power Button not to be water proof and easily pressed so we changed that and Added a Power Button Seal on the Wet Suit - It Protects from the Rain and accidental pressing of the power button

We Sealed the back of the Battery using the Same Seal System we used on the Mavic Batteries
where we covered the seams and use the 3M adhesive to keep it secured to the drone.

On the Bottom of the Drone is the Surge Mask that acts as a drip off for the rain.

The Idea is was to keep the Neoprene as thin as possible and to keep the Weight to 1 ounce or less.
Make the drone more Water Resistant to with stand extreme weather conditions.

We always choose a more minimal but Functional Approach with just a little bit of design.

The install takes about 5 minutes
Weighs about 1 ounce

Even if you dont plan on flying in the Rain,
we think the look is an improvement and the Non Slip grips is nice as well as protecting the battery from accidentally powering on.

As with all of our Wet Suit will be flying them in the Rain every chance we get.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the rain .

If there is any interest
email me at [email protected]

The Wet Suit for the Forum Members will come with 2 Color Designs and Retail $74.95
Neon Blue or All black recommended with a Skin.

View attachment 8219

View attachment 8221

View attachment 8222

I really like the blue color on orange. Great visibility. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and we only get rainfall of less than an inch and a half to 2-inch annually on the average. The idea is great but even if we had the rain here to warrant the use of something like this, I just do not feel comfortable enough putting in $2,500 drone in the air in that kind of weather. If you design any skins for the E2P I would very much be interested in those.

Reactions: phantomrain.org

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary-Tex