Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

Wow really, not good.
Have you tried this player? A lot of people recommend VLC player but I find this one here works better. It is a bare bones player and has some codecs others don't. And also not having the proper codecs can cause what you are describing.

Home · MPC-HC

Wow really, not good.
Have you tried this player? It is a bare bones player and has some codecs others don't. And also not having the proper codecs can cause what you are describing. Home · MPC-HC

No I haven't.

I think I'll just 'downgrade' my videos (which has worked fine in the past) and be able to show them on any and all of my computers, upload to YouTube effortlessly, and send DVD's to friends who want copies.

I guess when the rest of the world goes 4K, and they drag me kicking and screaming with it, I'll move on up - ha. By that time everything will be holographic images and I'll still be behind . . . ;)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I shoot in 4k most of the time....if I need to downsample from 4k to something less for a client to be able to play like 1080p I use a freeware program called HANDBRAKE....HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

dji came out with a 6k camera recently .....Im going to laugh when we start going from "4k" cameras to 4mb>4gb>4tb camera resolutions....and 64pb sd cards to store the videos....or maybe drones will livestream in 4k by then....i feel like we are only beginning....

Reactions: KentA
Finally got to try out the new memory chip yesterday. I still get the little voice saying there's video interference at a mere 400 feet, but no problem showed up on the screen. Made it out to almost 3,000 feet before I got a totally blank screen and a message saying it was returning home. The controller still showed distance and altitude but none of the info showed up on my Tab A screen. It was in the 30's and my hands were beginning to get reeeeeealy cold so I was actually glad this was coming to an end. When I got back to just under 1,000 feet distance (and the screen info came alive) I took control back and brought it back for a windy landing.

I was flying at about 125 feet altitude and there were NO obstructions anywhere, as you can see from the picture. The circle is where I took off from. Thinking back, I did get a bit of pixilation in my screen of the sage brush, but not the sky. Washoe Lake.jpg

Looks like a nice area to fly. Sounds like you need one of the winter gloves that a few of us have bought if you are flying when it is that cold. :)

3000 feet is really not much but you did say you were only 125 high. What kind of distance do you get when you are 300-400 feet up?

Has anyone seen any instructions/tutorial on how to operate the digital zoom?

Looks like a nice area to fly. Sounds like you need one of the winter gloves that a few of us have bought if you are flying when it is that cold. :)

3000 feet is really not much but you did say you were only 125 high. What kind of distance do you get when you are 300-400 feet up?

Not sure at 400 feet. Haven't flown that high around this area due to hang gliders sometimes showing up and I can't see OR hear them.They hop off that mountain in the background and fly down to their designated landing area just beyond that circle I drew.

And, I usually don't go out and fly when it's this cold because the batteries used to not allow me to. Now I'm just used to staying warm . . . I'm an old puss. Ha.

I fly at an altitude of about 250 feet. I don't think I've ever gone more then 2500 to 3000 feet distance and RTH was activated, but we do have lots of trees here so I always took that as a factor. But come to think of it even on the open river it's about the same.

I fly at an altitude of about 250 feet. I don't think I've ever gone more then 2500 to 3000 feet distance and RTH was activated

Actually, I'm fine with that distance. I can't see it, and I can't hear it, and that always makes me nervous - ha.

My old (and in a box in the garage) Phantom 2 Vision never got that far!:D

This was last April just before the ice went out from the river. It had finally warmed up enough for me to push the X-Star out. This was at 288 feet Alt. I lost connection when I turned around to come back. Freaked me out as I never lost connection before :)
Completely stock antennas.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Nice video! I like whatever it is you use to show distance, route, and speed. Good music selection too.

It looks cold! The ice is a giveaway - ha.

It was very easy before to do the data overlay but since the update of the firmware you have to do a few more steps. If your interested I posted a tutorial here:
https://autelxpilots.com/threads/data-overlay-and-how-it-is-done.1429/#post-13275

Thanks Agustine. I downloaded the tutorial and scrolled through it. This may be a bit beyond my pay grade, but I'll see if I can figure it out. Isn't there something out there I could pay for and just boot the stuff up? Ha.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan