Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

I'm still on the fence about updating mine. Using the Beta firmware pretty much voids the warranty, doesn't it. Is Autel ever going to release an official update?

Thanks, jjp

Thanks, I think i will update then. From all I've read, it seems like a ton of nice updates.

I think you will be happy with the beta as many of us are.
Remember to update your batteries also.
It will fly like a different UAV so take your time getting used to how it flies.

screenshot-www.facebook.com 2017-09-26 09-51-37-216.png

I was able to get hold of another XSP loaded with V2 while my unit is out in Washington for repair......did another orbit test this hot and hazy morning with expo set to 7 (max), radius set to 150 feet and altitude at 120 feet AGL. The first orbit in the video is running at the default speed of approximately 9 mph......the second orbit is slowed down to about 4 mph so you can make a judgement call on speed vs. jerkiness.....personally I think both speeds look pretty darn good but please chime in if you think one is better than the other. I think the jerky-yaw orbit issue is basically solved with V2....just set expo to 7 before doing your orbit then set it back lower if you like for manual yaw control. Would love to know if anyone else has experimented ;)

EXP7B.mp4

It looks real smooth. I did some experimenting the other day and found mine to be jerky. I am right up to date on the beta firmware. I tried Exo 0.20 and then 0.70. If you looked at the center of my videos they were fine but if you were watching the left of right side it jerked real bad.

Just wondering what your orbit radius was set to when you ran the test....a tight radius requires constant yaw correction so I try to set mine way out like 150+ feet so the aircraft only has to make small corrections to stay fixed on the centroid. Just a thought.

I did a commercial shoot last week after updating to 2.0.8 and my orbit footage was as jerky as can be. I should have thought it through and allowed for the possibility that the perfect orbit performance could be degraded with the update. I was so delighted with the performance of 2.0.1. My orbit radius was about 300' and yaw expo was set to max, so it should have been smooth. I'm kicking myself a bit for trusting that the orbit performance wouldn't change for the worse. Oh well, I'm glad it's not just me and that my observations are supported by others' experience.

By all accounts, it's not possible. The genie is out of the bottle. I just hope they put out a better version soon. If it works for the most part in terms of smooth yaw, I will sit on that until the public release. Even then I will wait for reports. Wrote this while Agustine was writing his answer.

Steambc I'm just wondering why you had such poor orbit performance... If you go back to post #65 I included links to 2 orbit flights done with different expos settings in V2.0.8...EXP7 looks pretty stable to me (as compared to EXP3) but maybe I have loose standards :D Can you tell me how your flights compare to my vids?

Previously, I would fly the bird directly overhead of the POI, start the orbit "From Aircraft", and then once it flew to position and I adjusted the camera angle, it would point at the POI very accurately for the entire orbit. In this video, I had set the POI to the center of the building.

Now, if I do the same thing, the Point of Interest is always about 30 or 40 yards to the left of the starting point. I have calibrated the compass twice in my usual open field, no metal, dental fillings removed, ;) and calibrated the TX.

Also removed camera from mount and slid it back and forth a few times for good contact.

Yeah that's a lot jerkier than my test flight with v2.0.8/expo7.....in fact it looks exactly like the results I was getting in v1.1.3. Is it possible that one or more modules didn't actually update when you loaded 2.0.8? Do you think a re-load might be a possibility to fix this? Just thinking out loud here :rolleyes:

I think it's a long shot, but a good idea. I'll re-download and try the update again. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for taking an interest.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34