Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Official firmware update is V2.0.12 As of 10\25\2017

We'd get something done over there, that's for sure! Something is systemically wrong over in the orange tower.

Just an observation...I have 2 XSP's now....one is loaded with V2.0.8 and the other V2.0.1. The only apparent differences between the 2 loads (when checking FW versions in Starlink) occur in the Flight Control Module (2.00.33 vs. 2.00.25) & Gimbal Module (02.00.03.05 vs. 02.00.03.03). Obviously these are 2 critical modules which could affect both flight and video performance in a multitude of ways...I need to get a comparison test plan together and find some sharp pencils.

I had talked to one of the beta testers yesterday and asked if Autel has sent him a new version to test and he said Not yet unfortunately. Hard to believe they can't finish this up. Winter is coming very soon for us northerners, would have been nice to actually have this done before it gets to cold. :(

Reactions: ACJunior
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have a question I haven't seen anywhere yet. I updated to the new firmware but in the tutorials the guy says there will be check marks beside the updates that succeeded when done. Mine stopped at flight control ... update succeeded then just sat there so I powered down the drone then the radio. Got the sd card ready to update my other battery and this time it said waiting... your firmware is up to date. I didn't see it do anything with the other battery. Not sure if it actually was finished. I look at my radio in the firmware version and I noticed that Sonar had v0.0.0.0. I will not fly until I know its safe. Is this normal? Did I mess it up?

When you run the update and if it finishes it will put a “-old” on the end of the file. This has to be removed everytime you run it.
This time insert the card first. Then power everything up. It will start to unpack the file. The tutorial tells you to start everything up first, but some of us had trouble doing it that way.

To retry a firmware update after a failure:Power off the aircraft and remote controller.Remove the microSD card from the camera.Insert the microSD card into the microSD card reader, and plug the card reader into your computer.On your computer, open the folder for the microSD card reader and locate the update file you previously copied into the root directory.Rename the update file by right-clicking it and selecting Rename.Highlight the “-old” section of the file name, press the delete key, and then press the Enter key.Firmware-rename-2-768x432.png firmware_xstar_remove-old.jpgA warning will appear. Click Yes to confirm the name change.
firmware_xstar_rename_yes.jpg
After the file has been renamed, Insert the provided microSD card into a microSD Card Reader , and plug it into your computer.

Copy the firmware file to the root directory on the microSD card.

Now follow my instructions at the top of my post.

You need to do this for every battery.

Good luck.

yea I did all that. but like I said, I never got the message "finished". It just froze at flight control update succeeded for about 2 hours. So I shut off the drone and then the radio. Turned it back on and everything seemed fine until I looked at my sonar version. it was v0.0.0.0. I tried to update several times now but no luck. I just turned it on again and noticed its in atti mode but its not enabled. I am however turning it on in a basement apartment. I have 7 satellite signals only.

Autel recommends if you still have a failed status to give them a call or email. Something don't sound right. Think one fellow had to send his in to get fixed.

Took it outside today and when it powered up it found gps and the atti mode went back to gps. so I guess it was because I was in the basement. now I just have to figure out why I have no version numbers for sonar and optical flow.

Got my primary unit back from repair...900 MHz antenna replaced.....operationally all functions are now fine, however, my orbit re-test on V2.0.8 was a disaster.....the aircraft was jerked all over the place...looked nothing like my tests from a couple weeks back......oh well...back to the drawing board.....there's gotta be a work-around for this issue somehow.

Got my primary unit back from repair...900 MHz antenna replaced.....operationally all functions are now fine, however, my orbit re-test on V2.0.8 was a disaster.....the aircraft was jerked all over the place...looked nothing like my tests from a couple weeks back......oh well...back to the drawing board.....there's gotta be a work-around for this issue somehow.

How long did it take? I send my XSP in tomorrow :( Maybe a similar problem? I just cant get a video connection no matter what.

How long did it take? I send my XSP in tomorrow :( Maybe a similar problem? I just cant get a video connection no matter what.

They quoted me 20 days for repair and return but it only took about 2 weeks in my case...the slowest part is the FedEx ground service they use in both directions...unbearably slow...shipping accounted for 10 or 12 days of the entire repair cycle so the actual repair and turnaround time was quite impressive.

The workaround is to fly in atti mode and learn how to orbit manually and control he camera all at the same time. I agree auto functions are easier and can be awesome but learning how to do it in atti mode on your own will always give smoother results. Just my 2 cents!

Been there done that.....I want the machine to handle mundane tasks for me...that's why we have firmware :)
Just wonder if the other manufacturers have similar issues with orbit?

Been there done that.....I want the machine to handle mundane tasks for me...that's why we have firmware :)
Just wonder if the other manufacturers have similar issues with orbit?
Well I also have a phantom 4 pro! Mine doesn't have the issues that are being shown here with orbit. But I always fly in atti and with most of my sensors turned off. The times I have used orbit with the P4P it was smoother than the examples in this thread.

My P4P is currently being repaired :( I, like many others, have already got stress cracks in it. Never had any hard landings or crashes but I still got them. They are bad enough that the motors are a little wobbly in two of the arms. Once I get it back I will test out orbit again and post it here for you guys. I just don't know how long I will be without the P4P.

[rant]
It's so sad we even have to have a thread about BETA firmware! I've been emailing support since Sept 19 asking about the next release, since I'm essentially grounded until something comes out. (I can fly, but the video is so jittery that it's useless, and I can't even take stills because they're blurry.)

Each email I've been told "the end of this week, or next".

I emailed again today, since a week ago I was told "the end of this week, or next". The response I got was: "We actually have our head developer in town today, so I asked him for an update. He said that he found a couple more bugs that he wants fixed before the official release, so they're going to push it back a little. He said he should have it finalized either next week or the week after! And don't worry, I bug him almost every day about it!"

I don't know why this guy would think about pushing out an "official release" without sending it out for testing, since they've had such a terrible time with the updates so far. I told the CS guy to let the developer know that he could have free help testing and getting feedback from the entire community if he'd just ask, but leaving us hanging is bad business.

Oh how I wish I had the money to buy another drone; I'm dead in the water and apparently will be for another 2 *weeks*.
[/rant]

What does "in town" have to do with anything? It can't be worked on unless he/she is "in town"?? That's as weak as it gets IMHO!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm