Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Parrot Anafi's tilt

OK, except for the horror stories I've read about Parrot's Customer No-Service, I like many things about this drone. Quiet. Even with the quietest props on the XSP, it can be heard far and wide -- it's my #1 issue with the XSP -- you can't be subtle in nature where there's naturally very low background noise. I must fly higer than I really want to...

It seems well designed from a systems integration standpoint, albeit with $$$ add-on's which I fear are the future for all drones, it keeps cash coming-in on older purchases. The App looks pretty solid, and a gimbal calibration of sorts is welcome. Gimbal flexibility is great. Just what are the actual limitations of a modern 2-axis gimbal? Has S/W overcome most of them vs. 3-axis?

Last edited:
OK, except for the horror stories I've read about Parrot's Customer No-Service, I like many things about this drone. Quiet. Even with the quietest props on the XSP, it can be heard far and wide -- it's my #1 issue with the XSP -- you can't be subtle in nature where there's naturally very low background noise. I must fly tiger than I really want to...

It seems well designed from a systems integration standpoint, albeit with $$$ add-on's which I fear are the future for all drones, it keeps cash coming-in on older purchases. The App looks pretty solid, and a gimbal calibration of sorts is welcome. Gimbal flexibility is great. Just what are the actual limitations of a modern 2-axis gimbal? Has S/W overcome most of them vs. 3-axis?
I've never had to deal with DJI or Parrot when it comes to customer service, my knowledge about their CS is based on what I hear from the guys here in the forum which obviously have dealt with both companies. I can say though that I've dealt with Yuneec and they seem to respond quickly and professionally so I would say their CS is good. Autel is good too but you guys already know that. I'm still partial on the Anafi only because of it's features and price point. I know these 2 drones are different and EVO technically have more tech (I think). Hopefully I will be able to make a decision eventually when the time comes to purchase one.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I've never had to deal with DJI or Parrot when it comes to customer service, my knowledge about their CS is based on what I hear from the guys here in the forum which obviously have dealt with both companies. I can say though that I've dealt with Yuneec and they seem to respond quickly and professionally so I would say their CS is good. Autel is good too but you guys already know that. I'm still partial on the Anafi only because of it's features and price point. I know these 2 drones are different and EVO technically have more tech (I think). Hopefully I will be able to make a decision eventually when the time comes to purchase one.
Can’t argue with your reasoning, I agree...

Wonder how much the manufacturer wholesale price or invoice price for retailers are? I have a friend of a friend (yup that cliche :D) who knows someone at one of the well known retail big box store (yup another cliche :D) says that the employees pay 5% over the invoice price for the products they sell. Let's assume that the invoice is $600, then the employee would pay $630 plus tax depending on the U.S state. -BTW this is not the invoice for the Anafi, it's just an example. :D If I can get it at a discount....it may be worth looking at the EVO too he he he

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout