Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Removal of a truck in the ice

It's not uncommon for people to go out with their vehicles to go ice fishing.
This happens too often. :(
Seriously? I can’t imagine taking such an expensive, heavy truck out on the ice, but what do I know. I do know not to drive your truck out on the beach before checking the tide/wave info THOROUGHLY... Vehicles dragged into the sea stay there, LOL

Well around here it is not uncommon to have 3-5 feet of ice which you can drive a tank on. The problem is from people who do not know a lake and where underwater springs are or try and go by river mouths where there is a strong current. These areas could have ice one day and not the next. The river by my house that I video a lot of I have seen one day people out with snow machines on it and go by there the next day with open water. Its all about common sense and knowing the area. Staying on the beaten trail also helps :)
I have been out on Lake Superior fishing for Lake Trout in the middle of winter and when you hear the ice crack it sure makes your butt pucker up some LOL

Yeah that thunder kind of sound that keeps rolling is something else.

The closest I've been to ice is the cubes that are inside my glass for a refreshing drink. I've done some sand driving with my Camry. Lots of fun too.

Will it work with one of those pedal emergency breaks?
Yep. Only place I would do it on is a lake with nothing around to hit. You basically start going round and round while flying down the ice. It's like a carnival ride.

• Haha
Reactions: KentA and Ansia
This is what we do on a Sunday afternoon here in my hometown. The high school mentioned in the video my last year there was 1973. Would love to get drone video but that would be breaking the rules

That's awesome. Gotta love Rick Mercer. Only get out if you're sinking or burning lol. I actually remember watching that episode. I also raced 2 winters when I was in my teens back home. There's nothing like it. So much fun. I was in the rwd catagory.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
I gotta say, when I was a kid we used to drive up to Wisconsin (from Chicago) where my folks had a little w/e cabin on a freezing cold Saturday - and drive out onto the nearby frozen lake. Like "Tufargon" said, we'd get the 62 Chevy going as fast as we could, then lock the steering wheel right or left, and as the car started to spin, lock the brakes. It felt to us like we were spinning as fast as those test pilots we used to see in videos with their mouths stretched out. It was great fun!

I gotta say, when I was a kid we used to drive up to Wisconsin (from Chicago) where my folks had a little w/e cabin on a freezing cold Saturday - and drive out onto the nearby frozen lake. Like "Tufargon" said, we'd get the 62 Chevy going as fast as we could, then lock the steering wheel right or left, and as the car started to spin, lock the brakes. It felt to us like we were spinning as fast as those test pilots we used to see in videos with their mouths stretched out. It was great fun!
Well down here we mud race Y'all. Gravel roads is where we learn drifting!
butch.........

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
What type of truck do you mud race?
Well, I actually don't mud race myself but the guys around here use a regular 4x4 PU with BIG tires and hopped up motors. Some take it very serious and spend big bucks. I had rather spend $$ on drones and shotgun sports.
butch

Reactions: Ansia
Well, I actually don't mud race myself but the guys around here use a regular 4x4 PU with BIG tires and hopped up motors. Some take it very serious and spend big bucks. I had rather spend $$ on drones and shotgun sports.
butch
1001_8l_03_z+mud_racing_in_florida+custom_gmc_truck.jpg
YEEEHAAAWW

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen