Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink BETA ANDROID app update begins today!!

Think the map issue is solved, Autel support called and we had a great discussion. They pointed a few things out, looks like it did the trick. Discussed the new firmware, and from what I heard I'm pretty excited and can't wait to see it. Folks in support went way above with me than what I have seen DJI do, can't thank them enough for the help and discussion

Care to explain how you got the map cache issue solved?

The starlink app does not cache maps that are offline (Such as offline maps from google maps), its caches them from the app only. So once the aircraft has been connected and its the map location of where your at, once you offline you open up the app and then you click on the lower left of the map to switch the screen and move to the area you want to cache. make sure it all loads and then close the app and verify its closed. Then when you go to an area where you don't have wifi (I'm using a Shield K1 tablet) If I leave wifi off and connect the aircraft it gets the GPS location and the map if cached will load up. I tested a little bit around the house but going to test it in another location tomorrow.

Also they explained that the cache of the maps is only one of the maps. So if I cache the hybrid maps and switch to the plain or the satellite maps then those two would not work. I would need to cache each set of maps that I'm going to use when in the offline mode

Last edited:
Reactions: Dino54

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE