Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVOII V2 OPEN PUBLIC BETA

Blade Strike

Autel Enterprise Support
Reaction score
Website
auteldrones.com
V2 Beta Firmware

New Features

• Added the Corridor Mission.

• Added the Coordinated Turn in missions: the aircraft won't stop at the turning points.

• Added the mission coverage area auto-expansion option (a customizable expansion distance will be added in the future)

Bug Fixes and Optimizations

• The aircraft can resume missions at the exact point instead of the previous turning point.

• Improved the flight algorithm to get a more accurate estimated mission time

• Fixed the PPK calculation error

• Fixed the over-exposure issue in Panorama

• Fixed the flight path and picture resolution calculation error when creating missions offline

Known Issues:

· 640R reading temperature error in thermal mode.

· Distance Limite only up to 500m. It will change to 5000m (iOS).

· App will crash when setting large mission. (Smart Controller).

· Distance limit adjusting error in Imperial. (Android / S.C.)

· Turning radius unit error in waypoint mission. (Android / S.C.)

· Expand left & right unit error in Corridor mission. (Android / S.C.)

· Mission Relative Altitude error in Rectangular / Polygon mission. (Android / S.C.)

Please make sure to update the firmware and app if you choose to run the beta.

Please make sure to select the proper download for rc type.

Trying it now. My big beef with waypoint missions was that the drone stops, thinks about its next flight segment, orients to that, and then proceeds. Even when we tell it not to. My first experience with the new Explorer app which coincides with this firmware update is that the drone does not orient to the assigned POI anymore. Anyone else notice this?

Trying it now. My big beef with waypoint missions was that the drone stops, thinks about its next flight segment, orients to that, and then proceeds. Even when we tell it not to. My first experience with the new Explorer app which coincides with this firmware update is that the drone does not orient to the assigned POI anymore. Anyone else notice this?
Did you link the waypoint to the POI? What’s is the turning radius for the waypoint. I would also provide the poi a height as well.

Did you link the waypoint to the POI? What’s is the turning radius for the waypoint. I would also provide the poi a height as well.
Waypoint is linked. What's odd is that when I move the POI, the camera heading snaps to and tracks the move. When I save it, it remains properly oriented. Too windy now to test the actual flight but it's promising.

The addition of curves is also a welcome addition that I can't wait to try.

Corridor missions also look promising.

Is there a way to roll back the Explorer app from the beta version? When I try to install the official version, it says the file is corrupt no matter how many times I download it.

Is there a way to roll back the Explorer app from the beta version? When I try to install the official version, it says the file is corrupt no matter how many times I download it.
Sure, you can do a factory reset on the SC. I think the POI issue is due to the smart rc app measurement issue, known issue on this version .

I am in the process of trying out UsGC mission planning software. You can plan a mission on your PC or MAC, convert it to a KML file and upload it to Explorer and utilize it in a Waypoint Mission. This allows you to account for terrain elevation variance with terrain following.

However, I just tried to upload a rather large area, a flight that would take a little over an hour and while the App did not crash, the file would not upload.

Of note, I was able to create the same mission as a rectangular one, of course, without terrain following before I uploaded the Beta version.

According to the description, there should only be a problem with the version for the Smart Controler. (I am using a Note 9 Android.)

In any case, it looks like I am going to revert to the prior firmware and Explorer versions.

I also noticed that the only way to fly a Corridor Mission is to upload it. I don't see one available in Mission Planning.

the stoping for turning was one of my pet peeves now lets get terrain awerness over SRTM or custom i would be delighted! or just an easier way to plan on other software and upload

the stoping for turning was one of my pet peeves now lets get terrain awerness over SRTM or custom i would be delighted! or just an easier way to plan on other software and upload
I had to revert because a large mission I planned with UcGS would not upload to the App. When I reverted I was able to run the mission. Hopefully, they will fix it.

Reactions: m2gabriel
I have been following the thread and would like to get the latest beta firmware. I’m hoping someone can clarify if I need the TestFlight app to use the beta version? It’s the way I understand it from Autel’s website. However, when I clicked on the link under downloads for V2 Beta Firmware it brings me to a TestFlight page stating they are no longer looking for beta testers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been following the thread and would like to get the latest beta firmware. I’m hoping someone can clarify if I need the TestFlight app to use the beta version? It’s the way I understand it from Autel’s website. However, when I clicked on the link under downloads for V2 Beta Firmware it brings me to a TestFlight page stating they are no longer looking for beta testers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I do believe they are releasing a new iOS app for the beta.

Can we have a private invite for the testflight beta firmware please! It says there are no longer beta tester places available and only the firmware without the app is not working correctly

Testing the beta firmware using the Evo II Enterprise and the smart controller. My observations so far...

Mapping:
Mapping works great now that you can turn on the "Coordinated Turn" option. So much faster to complete a mapping mission now. This will force close the app on the smart controller if you turn this on in Oblique missions though.

Battery changes are easier now that you can resume missions at the exact point instead of the previous turning point.

Corridor mission is a welcome addition and works well.

Waypoints:
I was able to program a smooth video with line action waypoints and curves and no more stopping at each waypoint. Thank you!

Waypoints and photos at POI is broken. For it to work, you need to place waypoints, set "Line Action" action to take a photo, set POI and link to waypoints, then move the POI to get the waypoints to track to the POI, then save. The photo at the end waypoint will not take before the drone yaws away from the POI so you have to add one more waypoint point at the end to get the last photo at the POI. Waypoint actions are now "Line Actions" and "Waypoint Actions" instead of "Fly Over" and "Hover." "Waypoint Action" photos at POI don't work at all. the only heading option is "Defined by Waypoint" and is missing the "POI" option altogether. "POI" is also missing from the "Linear Action." Please fix as this used to work in the official firmware. I also prefer the old nomenclature of "Fly Over" and "Hover" actions.

Can we have a private invite for the testflight beta firmware please! It says there are no longer beta tester places available and only the firmware without the app is not working correctly

Reactions: m2gabriel

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill