Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVOII v1 / v2 Firmware update

Blade Strike

Autel Enterprise Support
Reaction score
Website
auteldrones.com
EVOII v2 Firmware V2.2.5
EVOII v1 Firmware V2.7.35

Date: 02/27/2022
New Features:
  • Added the elevation optimization option in rectangular and polygon missions

Bug fixes and optimizations:
  • Optimized the EVO II V2 photo download speed
  • Fixed the camera issue on FLIR Boson 640R
  • Fixed the GPS time stamp error in PPK mode (for EVO II RTK only)
  • Fixed other minor issues
iOS 1.12.1
Android 1.1.8.83
Smart RC 1.0.72
New Features:

• Added oblique shots from the endpoint to the central area in rectangular and polygon missions for elevation optimization
  • Optimized photo download speed to mobile device
  • Fixed some minor bugs
(Website will be updated shortly. Apps will be available once approved. Once apps are updated OTA will push new update)

Hi Blade Strike,
Thanks for the heads-up. What does elevation optimization in missions do?

Regards,
Richard

Got it installed just now. What's with:
Android, and thus SC doesn't download photos or anything. I'm struggling to see how this applies. Theres "HD photo sync" with IOS, along with Indoor mode and pre-record. But we have none of that.

EVOII v2 Firmware V2.2.5

New Features:

iOS 1.12.1
Android 1.1.8.83
Smart RC 1.0.72
New Features:

• Added oblique shots from the endpoint to the central area in rectangular and polygon missions for elevation optimization
  • Fixed some minor bugs
(Website will be updated shortly. Apps will be available once approved. Once apps are updated OTA will push new update)
Does this includes the fix for bugs like:
- time-lapse makes camera angle
- contrast and Sharpness - 1 does not work in profiles?
These are bugs that needed a fix 8 months ago..
Thanks

Got it installed just now. What's with:
Android, and thus SC doesn't download photos or anything. I'm struggling to see how this applies. Theres "HD photo sync" with IOS, along with Indoor mode and pre-record. But we have none of that.
These release notes are for iOS and Android. Some features are only available on iOS.

These release notes are for iOS and Android. Some features are only available on iOS.
Blade Strike,

Thanks... I am aware these are IOS only features. I may have not been been clear, but these features were released to IOS in JULY 2021, the video put up on Autels "Flight Deck" said: coming soon to Android. I guess soon is relative. Relatively speaking, I don't believe a word that Autel says to its customers until I actually see it. What I have actually seen, for Android, specifically on Smart Controller V2 has been exactly one FW update, one App update, zero Android system updates and with so much focus on the new consumer products, I don't expect to see much else. Not putting any of this on you. Just venting. I went big as a hobbyist on V2 Evo 2 Pro/V2 Smart Controller, and while I didn't expect a boatload of features and bug fixes. I expected a lot more than what we actually got though.

Thanks.

When do we expect the Bug fixes for E2P V1 SC?
After 8 months...I mean, is a lot of time for some BS Bugs...that probably can be fixed in a few days of work, as they don't need to write all codes again...

EVOII v2 Firmware V2.2.5

New Features:

iOS 1.12.1
Android 1.1.8.83
Smart RC 1.0.72
New Features:

• Fixed some minor bugs
my battery is now giving an overcooled error message after update

rewrite FW.
im unable to rewrite FW. The battery wont charge. Just a light blinking on it. This is a new drone bought December 1, 2021.

Ive been calling Autel for over a week now and no one answers.

Ive emailed support several time within a week and no response as yet.

im unable to rewrite FW. The battery wont charge. Just a light blinking on it. This is a new drone bought December 1, 2021.

warm the battery first. sounds like its too cold to charge, if not please be patient, support is over a week behind right now.

I'm in Jamaica it's always warm 🤷🏾‍♂️. This is a three month old drone and theyre telling me the battery is out of warranty. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I've flown the drone multiple times on this battery that came with it in the box. Mainly weekends.

Not sure why im getting a dicharge temperature critically low?

Attachments

• E07B59A9-843F-4829-A206-39B03188D2F2.jpeg
    E07B59A9-843F-4829-A206-39B03188D2F2.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7

if you get one light blinking continuously, may be a damaged battery.
Try to put it directly to wall charger provided by Autel....if is not charging, it is damaged.
The firmware from battery is not important as you are in charging process.
Open a dispute for warranty and ask for replacement.

have to pull the battery and check the thermostat. That usually is the issue that Autel has been denying for so long.

Last Firmware Stoned my both EVO2 Pro and nothing would work for months.
I kept sending messages for a " Patch " that would Re-Vert to last working Firmware.
Autel could not Help at all.

Now I got another Remote EF-7 and it keeps saying
" Connecting but never Finish up Bind "
What am I to do ?

**--** The Firmware are so confusing that only a Drunk will understand, sadly I don't drink !
Can't do No Firmware or even Patch if the Remote and Drone don't Bind.

How the Hell Autel can keep bringing newer un finished drones if they don't understand that they need to fix the Bugs on their Flagship EVO2 Pro 6K drone first and only then use the same fixed firmware for newer drones and " Shine "

**--** What has been missing from the very start is two frontal video lights and a built-in GPS tracker, costing $10 to 12 !

Autel EVO 2 Pro Cinematic
A. In order for a drone to be Stable it needede to be yet another 4 inch each fiber arm and have even more powerful motors !

My Autel EVO2 Pro fails to come back at times even if its only 200 to 300 feet away and 150 feet up due to it being very windy where I live in the open.

Just about the size of “ DJI Matrice 30 Quadcopter ”
Now this is what I call a real Smart Controller with tilting screen, hood and neck strap.

B. Never over promise and under deliver.
You cheated us with 40 minutes battery that only lasts 31 to 32 minutes.

C. The GPS Must lock-in within the first 15 to 20 seconds after powering up the remote and drone.
Each newer location the GPS should have Auto GPS, Lock-in !

D. We badly need Solid, Stable Video Feed, no more Blacking out or Freezing !
Around 1000 feet and 200 to 300 feet height I was loosing video feedback on my LCD.
Hate it when I get my Autel EVO2 Pro in to the right location and then loose video feed and having to fly back just to Re-boot again !

E. Slow down those Jerky moves that ruin the video footage.
Give us the choice to dial-in from 1 second to 8 seconds delayed, gradual picking up camera movement and the drone.
At front end and at the back end of each shot when in this “ Cinematic Mode ”
**--** We are not Drag Racing but Video taping and any Jerky Video Movements cause Dizziness to the viewer.

F. In cold weather in 20* temp the drone at times stops taking 12 picture Panoramas, video freezes and forced to abandon mission.
Forced to Re-boot the drone and remote !

G. Right after the drone completes taking Panoramic pictures it should ask, do you want to continue to the next Panoramic or Stitch the images.
If I don’t respond within 6 to 8 seconds it should be ready to take another set of Panoramic shots.
We don’t use your Panoramic stitching as it is full of flows and degrades the final picture. Microsoft has ICE, a free program and does a good job stitching the Panoramic pictures.

H. When suddenly due to battery going down the drone starts a “ RTH ” and before you know it or can react to the Yellow tiny “ Cancel ” box !
I have had near miss accident as the drone speeded up right in to the tree.
Need a much bigger “ Yellow Cancel Box.”

I. The Remote battery keep draining and need constant charging,
My older Typhoon H ST 16 remote battery lasted 5 times longer and had a 7 inch LCD cost only $300 with editing capabilities not $1199
Get a bigger longer lasting battery.

We have been your Field Lab for Autel, listen and help us with what we need !
Sadly Autel Customers Service is cancerous, playing with fire and the fire spreading like wildfire !
I tried to help you with my 2 cents peace of mind, pick up the pieces and wake up.
I keep getting your Worthless Ticket # that don't fix my issues, a good way to cover up your Customers Service trail and this way your own employees can
Happily say " Customers issues resolved " when in reality they just covered up their Goof - off's and Fooled you the Upper Management !
**--** Fire these Grease Monkeys that are playing games with your Reputation ! ! All they do is issue a Ticket # more like sleeping pills to put us back to sleep.
**--** I still firmly believe the Autel EVO 2 Pro is a Flagship Drone with beautiful colors and sharp but Jerky video and pictures that once you get used to that you will never touch DJI tiny drones that lack that.
* * If only you listen.

**--** The Good News is that even tho DJI can’t sell their Mavic 3 enough due to Pre-mature release, tiny in size Toy and overly priced.
**--** No wonder DJI is forced to discount the price down in order to hopefully sell their Mavic 3 drone due to Pre-Mature Launch and a very bad camera, its a
Toy compared to your EVO 2 Pro or even the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

Its your chance to win by offering us
“ Far Better Customers Support ” Fire them first and clean up your slate !
They are Cancerous to Autel !

PS: Both my Autel EVO 2 Pro are still not working and No one ever called for tried to help resolve my issues.
Where has your Management been ?
Just look at this Super Smart Controller with 7 Inch LCD, Hood and shoulder strap and built-in editing capabilities for $300 and I keep seeing $100 drones with far far better remotes with built-in LCD.

We don't need a dumb Smart controller for $1200 to 1600.

How about a Super Smart Controller for $399.99, hood, shoulder strap and built-in editing capabilities for Video as well as Photo's

We the drone community needs help with a remote control and not feel being Stabbed in the back !

Start out with a $59.99 LCD 7 inch screen
RC 7 Inch FPV Monitor 1024x600 IPS LCD Display Screen Monitor with Hood Sun Shield for RC FPV Drone Quadcopter
df0&hvadid=242029798203&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17554077870837844533&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c
&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007488&hvtargid=pla-456329865551&psc=1

Hubsan Super Smart Remote Controller for $150 to 175 with the drone, why such a Rip Off from Autel ?

Autel, listen “ Money comes, money goes ” but once your Reputation goes you can’t be re-gain it back !

Attachments

• DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    DSC_5429 Sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Hubsan H501 S Pro remote.jpg
    Hubsan H501 S Pro remote.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 61bvnXwYDYS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61bvnXwYDYS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest threads