Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The V1.5.8 is now officially released!

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Thank you for participating in the beta firmware testing. The V1.5.8 is now officially released! Comparing to the current official version V1.4.9, this release contains the following main changes:
  1. Improved gimbal self-start calibration.
  2. Improved gimbal anti-vibration performance.
  3. Optimized camera DDR parameters.
  4. Bug fixes
Explorer app users will receive the OTA firmware update notification on the app home page after 60 seconds the aircraft, RC and mobile device are connected. (Internet connection on your mobile device is required)
For additional help and technical support, give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I am currently upgrading... Thanks for the info.

I was upgrading yesterday to it...then I closed the app. ?.

I tried to upload it again, but it failed.

Do i need to take out the SD card now?

Successfully upgraded to the latest firmware 1.5.8, now I just need to test it in the field. Wondering how stable is the gimbal now.

Reactions: Rbings
does this finally fix the gimbal tilt? mine is very bad, ruins half the shots i try to make. kinda defeats the purpose of why i bought this drone.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
does this finally fix the gimbal tilt? mine is very bad, ruins half the shots i try to make. kinda defeats the purpose of why i bought this drone.
That's the issue I have as well... Hopefully this firmware finally fix it.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
Sometimes the firmware update requires all batteries to be updated. I want to confirm that this one is not one of those because it didn't repeat the update on subsequent batteries.

Was that your experience?

Sometimes the firmware update requires all batteries to be updated. I want to confirm that this one is not one of those because it didn't repeat the update on subsequent batteries.

Was that your experience?
I didn't did on all batteries... Does anyone else can confirm if this firmware needs all batteries to be updated?

Okay, one more update to do. I would have liked that this one brings us the curves and the variations of altitude, but good.
Hoping that there is no Bug, and that it does not send us to join the others in Colorado ................ :)

• Haha
Reactions: DtEW
The update is ok, everything is OK. No need to update other batteries. I'll do a flight test tomorrow, if the weather is nice !

Yes give us the result, with me, it takes a rotten time, if I take out the Evo, it will catch a cold. (Me too). Here it is the party to the water.

My update failed. Tried to updated over the air again and the controller would not connect to the aircraft. At all. Rebooted both several times with no luck. Connected and disconnected my device and tried it that way. No luck. Swapped out batteries in the aircraft. Nothing, no connection. Rebooted all again, nothing...no connection. Tried to download the updated onto an sd card from Autel's website and update the firmware that way....still won't connect. Nothing. Called Autel and left a message. 6 hours later called them again and left another message. They called back and said to try manually updating the remote only with an thumb drive as they wouldn't connect probably because the aircraft and remote probably had incompatible firmware versions..... the remote probably partially took but it couldn't connect to finish the job. The thumb drive didn't work. Nothing. Called back spoke to someone again, they emailed me the specific directions how to do the thumb drive thing in the exact order (which I had done) so I tried it again. Still nothing. It appears I am dead in the water. I give up.

My update failed. Tried to updated over the air again and the controller would not connect to the aircraft. At all. Rebooted both several times with no luck. Connected and disconnected my device and tried it that way. No luck. Swapped out batteries in the aircraft. Nothing, no connection. Rebooted all again, nothing...no connection. Tried to download the updated onto an sd card from Autel's website and update the firmware that way....still won't connect. Nothing. Called Autel and left a message. 6 hours later called them again and left another message. They called back and said to try manually updating the remote only with an thumb drive as they wouldn't connect probably because the aircraft and remote probably had incompatible firmware versions..... the remote probably partially took but it couldn't connect to finish the job. The thumb drive didn't work. Nothing. Called back spoke to someone again, they emailed me the specific directions how to do the thumb drive thing in the exact order (which I had done) so I tried it again. Still nothing. It appears I am dead in the water. I give up.
You probably will need to open a ticket with Autel and send the drone to see if they can fix it or re-install the new firmware.

Some of the firmware updates have to be performed on each of the batteries along with the drone and controller. If you were up to date prior to this update then this update doesn’t need to be run on batteries.

I did the over the air update today and all went well. I checked the battery that was in the Evo when I did the update and the firmware version was still the same as my other batteries. It appears to me that there is no change to the battery firmware on this update so it should be OK to skip doing all of your batteries. Do others agree?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ