Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What’s a Good price for evo rugged bundle?

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Hello all! Newbie here and in the drone world. I’m looking for my first drone. Bestbuy has it for $1299 and it includes on the go bundle and $100 gift card. Is this a good deal or should I wait for evo 2?

Wait for the Evo 2 if you don't mind expending the extra 200 dollars for it.

Yes, Macoman is right, wait for the Evo 2, the extra cost will be worth it. The missions with him are likely to be pleasant to do, gradual ascent, turning between waypoints, fixing on Peas during the route, possibility of adjusting Pitch and Yaw during the route.
A little taste of Lictchi, I think. This is what was missing from Evo 1!

Months & more than $200 difference.
On the Go Bundle $1049 @ Amazon unless of course you want the Rugged Bundle for $1197.
Best Buy does price match.

I went ahead and bought it. I just couldn’t wait for the evo2. $1299 for rugged bundle plus on the go bundle for a total of 5 batteries and a $100 gift card to which I used to buy the battery hub.

Reactions: butch
Just how do you get that DEAL?
I'd buy another if I could get that kind of deal.

A heck of a deal & when you put in your cart the other items are added.
Thanks

I went ahead and bought it. I just couldn’t wait for the evo2. $1299 for rugged bundle plus on the go bundle for a total of 5 batteries and a $100 gift card to which I used to buy the battery hub.
Heck of a deal, 5 batteries and $100 gift card. ?

Heck of a deal, 5 batteries and $100 gift card. [emoji106]
Six months ago this could had been a great deal but the drone is already old and a new one is coming out in couple months.

Six months ago this could had been a great deal but the drone is already old and a new one is coming out in couple months.
Don't bet the farm on it, they got lots of problems in China with the corona not to mention of delays. ?

Reactions: Ansia and RCAdik
Yes, Macoman is right, wait for the Evo 2, the extra cost will be worth it. The missions with him are likely to be pleasant to do, gradual ascent, turning between waypoints, fixing on Peas during the route, possibility of adjusting Pitch and Yaw during the route.
A little taste of Lictchi, I think. This is what was missing from Evo 1!
Do we know that the missions will be any different? I thought that was all just based on the software in the app. Couldn't they improve the missions just as well for Evo 1?

Already play with the Evo2 mission system, you will quickly see that there are great improvements in the design of the courses. Already in the first place, the gradual change in altitude between the waypoints.
Then, you trace the course from the beginning to the end, then you can adjust at each point, the angle of view and the tilt of the camera, you can add "POI" on the course, and at the points you want, you can fix on this (these) "POI". You can very well, during a course chain an Orbit on an object by putting points around and fix and fix this object for example.
I find a little taste of Litchi there, but improvements are still to come.
In particular, the management of the minimum height which currently of 30 meters and which is not absolutely suitable in the management of a course.
You don't always fly above the takeoff point. I explain.
Often flying in the mountains, starting from a cliff, with this value of 30 meters, it is impossible to ask the Evo to descend lower than the takeoff point. I asked Autel to review this point in the missions, because not all missions are done above 30m. and that we are also led to descend lower.
I told them that in Licthi, the height could be adjusted up to 200 meters below the takeoff point. They will spread the word to the software team. To see if the request will be followed.
The only thing I don't know is if a turn point interpolation is done between each Waypoint. Forgot their asked.

Sorry for the length of the response.

Thanks for the info, I haven't played with the new app yet. I guess my question is why we can't have this functionality with the Evo1? If Litchi can do this stuff with a 2015-era Phantom 3, and a 3DR Solo was able to do this out of the box in 2015, surely the power is there in the Evo1. The current mission abilities for Evo1 are half-baked at best. They need to finish what they started with this model before jumping to only supporting the next one.

Its called getting your money back and then some for all the R&D for building the App for the EVO. Not enough sales for one thing. And the other if they did build it just how many of the owners would buy it or even need it.
Dollars and cents is what it is all about.

Its called getting your money back and then some for all the R&D for building the App for the EVO. Not enough sales for one thing. And the other if they did build it just how many of the owners would buy it or even need it.
Dollars and cents is what it is all about.
I get it. But if they keep features out of the Evo1, or even remove some current Evo1 features, that's a good reason for me to not buy the next generation. I don't want to drop a bunch of cash for an Evo2 to see it lose features when the Evo3 comes out. So while I may be the only one who feels this way, if that is the path the Autel chooses, they can count on never getting my money again.

DJI has been absolutely dominant in the drone business and yet they haven't resorted to this type of shenanigans.

Maybe we are both wrong, and the Evo1 will get the improved missions, which I hope is the case.

I have an Evo, a Phantom 3 Pro, and a 3DR Solo. Depending on how much work I get the rest of the year, I could easily see myself picking up a new unit late this year, probably an Evo2 or P4Pv2. This one question could be the decider for me.

Last edited:
LOL
Welcome to the Autel X-Star complaints. Anyone who went through the X-star to the EVO had the same posts and now you guys know how we feel. Welcome to the club. It does not get any better so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Tufargon
LOL
Welcome to the Autel X-Star complaints. Anyone who went through the X-star to the EVO had the same posts and now you guys know how we feel. Welcome to the club. It does not get any better so sit back and enjoy the ride.
I think I avoided DJI for some reason, owning a Yuneec, 3DR, and Autel, but I picked up a used P3P cheap to finish a job shooting farmground for a sale after my Evo had serious issues. I've had no problems so far with the Phantom (other than it gets jelly and noise if you don't use nds on a bright day, but I've since picked up clearance polarpro filters to remedy that. $10 for 6 on Carolina Dronz!).

I still think my Evo was a better deal than any Mavic model at the time of purchase, but I would have no problem going with another DJI.

I had hoped Autel realized they can't pull the same thing with Evo owners that they did with X-Star owners, but we'll see I guess.

As a side note, my Evo developed gimbal tilt issues despite the newer firmware, and issues flying missions, and is being repaired right now under warranty. I do love flying it though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert