Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A follow up on Master Airscrew props

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Some of you who had problems with Master Airscrew props please read.
As a beta tester for them I was alarmed at all the problems people were having with the new built in locking nut props. Here is a email I sent them and a return email.
Back in July I had asked to test out a set of Master Airscrew props for the Autel X-Star for a review on my Youtube channel. You were kind enough to send me 2 sets to test. I found them to be a great improvement over stock props and made sure everyone I talked to new this. Since then you have come out with props with the built in nuts. A lot of my followers have bought these props only to have problems with them tightening down to the point they are sloppy\wobble on the shaft. I am getting a lot of bad comments about recommending the props. Perhaps someone should look into better quality control on your end.Just thought you should know
Hi Don,
Thank you for your e-mail
I’m really sorry for this negative feedback you are getting.
We have already found the issue and are currently working to resolve it ASAP.
The problem is with our aluminum alloy nut supplier.
Basically some of the nuts have shorter threads inside so they tighten up on top of the shaft before the propeller touches the rotor.
Unfortunately the problem is not easily visible unless you try to install the props on the motors.
We have already adjusted our quality control procedure to detect such defects and correct before getting out of the factory.
Any non conforming products will be replaced or fully refunded.
I would very much appreciate if you can ask anybody who has experienced this problem to contact us directly for immediate resolution.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this issue might have caused.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,
MASTER AIRSCREW TEAM

Last edited:
Good to know that they have identified and resolved the problem. That's the sign of a good company, who cares about their product and customer satisfaction. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: dronechimp
Thanks for the update. I love mine in all respects. I have one XSP outfitted with them and another still using the OEM blades. I have put them literally performed a side-by-side comparison in climb, noise, braking, and maneuverability. We stayed away from subjective tests as much as practical. I just checked my screws for seating. They are good to go. I've had them on my XSP since I got them for Xmas.

Good to know! I love ‘em, use them exclusively, and haven’t had an issue. BUT, I have 3 sets I haven’t touched, so I will have to check them closely...

In my exchange with them I mentioned I had a tip over (my mistake not theirs) that shattered a back prop. Stupid mistake on my part but lost one back prop.
Going through my emails tonight I got one back from them and they want to send me a new set.
Pretty hard to fault a company that wants to keep their customers happy.

I said HELL ya send me more free stuff :)

I just noticed my new set I got in December have that play in them. Didn't seem to be flying very good either. I only noticed the play after the flight when I picked up the XSP and saw a little wobble in the props.
I contacted them just now.
Thanks for the heads up Agustine!!

I just noticed my new set I got in December have that play in them. Didn't seem to be flying very good either. I only noticed the play after the flight when I picked up the XSP and saw a little wobble in the props.
I contacted them just now.
Thanks for the heads up Agustine!!
By way of repeating a previous post, the only thing I noticed when I got mine was that one of the nuts was not seated on the prop straight making it impossible to install. I snapped into place and they haven't been off my bird since.

By way of repeating a previous post, the only thing I noticed when I got mine was that one of the nuts was not seated on the prop straight making it impossible to install. I snapped into place and they haven't been off my bird since.
All four of mine were affected.

Seems like the crew at Master Airscrew have a sense of humor. Here is the email they sent me back after I said I had the problem.

Hi Rick,

Good afternoon thank you for contacting Master Airscrew. Sorry about the wobbly nuts yes you can return them for a full refund or return them for some new ones. Please go ahead and send them back along with a note with your contact information so we can do the exchange, thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

The biggest thing you will notice about them is that they are quieter. The vertical lift is much faster. As for as stability it was hard to tell any difference from stock in my opinion.
Now on the other hand the AERONAUT CAMCARBON LIGHT PROP Aeronaut Cam Carbon Light Props I ordered over Christmas are ever quieter than the MC props but not as aggressive. They are however much more stable and you notice this right away. They are a lot more money though.

The biggest thing you will notice about them is that they are quieter. The vertical lift is much faster. As for as stability it was hard to tell any difference from stock in my opinion.
Now on the other hand the AERONAUT CAMCARBON LIGHT PROP Aeronaut Cam Carbon Light Props I ordered over Christmas are ever quieter than the MC props but not as aggressive. They are however much more stable and you notice this right away. They are a lot more money though.
Thanks again for your help and advice

I got two sets from my daughter for Christmas. Out of the 8 props, 5 had lose nuts. Wrote Master Airscrew and got the same reply as Agustine. However, they offered to send me new props, which they did without delay. This morning I open them up and find 6 of the 8 to be lose.

One would think they would check them before sending. The nuts are so lose you can move them by hand. Sent them another emai along with a short video. Haven't heard back as of yet.

Well the test ones I got did not have the nuts attached. You put the nuts in the hex opening and tighten them down. No big deal but I guess if you bought the ones with the built in nuts you would expect them not to be lose in the hex holder.

If the nuts are just loose in the props you can snap them into place. The problem ones are the ones where the nuts weren't drilled and tapped deeply enough to ever tighten down.

Reactions: dronechimp

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain