Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Storage Question...

Anytime buddy! Look at the package it comes in & go to the website, download the info for the FD-100, make sure the discharger is hooked up to the battery, battery is on, then hook up the SD Linker to your computer & plug in to the discharger, at this point you can change the parameters, i used a voltmeter to check the total voltage at the battery, it took a couple of tries to get the right discharge voltage, yours may vary from the 3770 ma that i used, you should have 1 full light on the battery & 1 blinking when done.

Reactions: KentA
Well i tried out my SC Linker hooked to the ISDT Discharger. I set it at a setting of 3770 mv storage setting with a 20000 mv input voltage which brought my batteries to a perfect storage of 15.25 volts. The ISDT Discharger from the factory will bring it down to about 15.35 volts but if you want it at an optimum level, get the SC Linker to adjust it to perfection. It's $6.85 on E-bay & delivered with tracking very fast. I believe a lot of our battery issues are related to batteries being discharged with the app. at to slow of a discharge storage rate. If you have problems figuring out how to use the SC linker, let me know & I'll walk you through it. This combination for unused storage of your batteries is Awesome! I Discharge at 5 amps which seems to work very well & in a fairly quick manner, although you can Discharge at a slower rate if you wish. Happy Flying!
I used a little different process to get to the same result. I took a battery reading with my iSDT BG-8S meter (https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Digital-Battery-Capacity-Checker/dp/B07797N9BG), then plugged that reading into the "Calibration" box on the program. Left the "Setting" value at 3800 mv. Result was the discharger cut off at about 15.20 volts (+/- .02 volts, which is within the specified accuracy range of the BG-8S). Probably worth mentioning that whenever you reopen the FD 100 Linker program, the displayed values revert to the factory defaults. Really is an awesome setup, thanks again for the tip!

Reactions: KentA
Thats a sweet battery meter!
I'd love to be able to use it to display individual cell values, but I have no idea what kind of balance connector it takes to connect to the X-Star battery balance port. Using the XT60 connector just gives the total voltage.

I'd love to be able to use it to display individual cell values, but I have no idea what kind of balance connector it takes to connect to the X-Star battery balance port. Using the XT60 connector just gives the total voltage.

Any JST-XH 4S Lipo Balance Wire Extension work but you would have to take the battery apart to add it so it really is not worth the trouble.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaksunDr