Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't Reset Home Point

Not2Old2Fly

Reaction score
Just getting started with the orange bird. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I did look, couldn't find anything.

Not sure how the home point was initially established, but it shows as being on the other side of the canal - I've never flown or been over there. When I had the bird up this morning I tried to move home point to MY location, in the middle of a field. Was told GPS signal weak, can't set home point. OK, checked number of satellites, got 13. Was in GPS flight mode. Have installed the new software on everything. Tried moving it several times, no luck. Other than being absolutely, totally inexperienced, semi-senile perhaps and the IQ of a retarded avocado pit, what am I missing here.

This video provides a practical demonstration of geomagnetic storm effects.

https://autelxpilots.com/threads/thoughts.1101/

LOL
I'm sorry but I really don't understand your point. I can tell you I have had three Yuneec drones and this Autel. I flown all of them with high KP and all have flown perfectly. One of the beta testers flew his in the last high KP when it was 9 and he said it never flew better.
If you want to believe in this have at it but to me its a load of crap.

Reactions: fundy
Just getting started with the orange bird. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I did look, couldn't find anything.

Not sure how the home point was initially established, but it shows as being on the other side of the canal - I've never flown or been over there. When I had the bird up this morning I tried to move home point to MY location, in the middle of a field. Was told GPS signal weak, can't set home point. OK, checked number of satellites, got 13. Was in GPS flight mode. Have installed the new software on everything. Tried moving it several times, no luck. Other than being absolutely, totally inexperienced, semi-senile perhaps and the IQ of a retarded avocado pit, what am I missing here.

Hi N2O2F, You might try deleting the Starlink app, reset your mobile device and reinstall the app, see if that helps. Good luck!

Many thanks, Dino. Flew again yesterday and was able to move my home point. The center of the blue circle that says "My Location" is still in the wrong place, but it did move my home point for that flight. One small step for old guys, one giant leap...... Now all I gotta do is figure out how to move "My Location" then await the next thing I don't understand.

Many thanks, Dino. Flew again yesterday and was able to move my home point. The center of the blue circle that says "My Location" is still in the wrong place, but it did move my home point for that flight. One small step for old guys, one giant leap...... Now all I gotta do is figure out how to move "My Location" then await the next thing I don't understand.

What mobile device are you using? I've noticed that my iPad mini 2 wifi (no gps) the location isn't very accurate but my other 2 mobile devices.....with gps, are pretty much spot on. I wouldn't worry about your location as long as the craft is where it should be :D

I'm using a dedicated iPad mini 2 with GPS. I have the wi-fi active and have been flying close to home. Should I turn wi-fi off if flying close to home? If the wi-fi is connected to the home router, will the wi-fi override the GPS? Darned new-fangled contraptions:confused: Much thanks for your patience.

I'm using a dedicated iPad mini 2 with GPS. I have the wi-fi active and have been flying close to home. Should I turn wi-fi off if flying close to home? If the wi-fi is connected to the home router, will the wi-fi override the GPS? Darned new-fangled contraptions:confused: Much thanks for your patience.

I just make sure the map is cached then turn off wifi....or if I'm using my 6S iPhone, place it in airplane mode.
GolDarn new tangled contraptions anywayo_O
Problem is the tech advances so fast.....but my 63 yr old mind seems to be past its "Use By" date:oops:

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb