Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hot weather flight

Orangeflight

Reaction score
I am a very new drone owner, have only flown 2 beginner flights so far, but I was wondering about flying in hot weather. I live in the desert southwest where we have many days in a row over 100+ degrees in the summer. I know that sounds too hot to be outside, but if the day is at all overcast, it's really not too bad. I was wondering about the effect on my drone though - will it have a harder time getting good lift, or anything else negative?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.

You can fly in hot weather. Usually, the device will give out before the drone will. I have occasionally got the "too hot" warning on my iPad.

Enjoy!
*X-Star Premium User Manual
*X-Star WiFi User Manual

My tip is to become familiar with the principals of Density Altitude. In general, temp goes up, prop performance goes down. This will affect all aspects of flight but especially when G-loading increases during turns etc. While I'm not sure of the impact high heat has on battery output, you will likely see a reduction in flight time due to the increased inefficiency of the props in high temp conditions. Note last - If you one of those who go screaming around and tend to turn or stop at the last second, expect it to take a few more feet to turn/stop (think landing).

Like TJ mentioned, you'll ,likely to loose your FPV before the drone.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN