Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is the Autel X-Star all Tuckered out?

xspwhite

Reaction score
I was at the Autel website last night, and noticed they don't have much left to sell or report. Being so close to Christmas, and doing away with marketing staff, I have to wonder if they are "Tuckered" out and moving on to other things?

From what I heard from their support, they are clearing out and preparing for the next drone to be unveiled in January.

Reactions: Squirrel!
LOL Augustine...

I know what I've said about this drone and my ONLY complaint is the battery drop issue. Which, BTW, I just flew a battery that has known drop issues yesterday, and zero drop issues happened. In fact, I have run the gamut of my battery arsonal and not one drop this past week.

Without the battery drop issue, this drone is, hands down, the best drone on the market. The FW is outstanding, the machine itself is outstanding...If I were to continue to use my Phantom 3, I would be buying parts for the inevitable crashes that occur. This tough lil' bastage is BETTER than the Energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going. Range is fantastic (for my needs & uses) and though there may be video breakup when around an all steel building and when flying behind the steel building, but it is consistent and strong aside from being close to all metal buildings.

Depending on your usage, the X-Star Premium is easily the best drone on the market. Blows my DJI Phantom 3 clear away.

Reactions: tony.palumbojr
Yup I am happy with my x-star just for the price value compared to a Phantom 4 Advance+ with the 1" 20MP CMOS sensor that lets you film in 4K at a super-smooth frame rate of 60fps. The X-star or your old phantom 3 can not even come close to how well it performs and flies but at 3 times the price I will not be buying one anytime soon LOL

I did Email them NOT too long ago, telling them I needed a New Christmas Drone! Haven't heard back yet!

I do agree, the Autel X-Star is a superior drone in so many ways, absolutely love it and hope they come out with something new and exciting in 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!
LOL Augustine...

I know what I've said about this drone and my ONLY complaint is the battery drop issue. Which, BTW, I just flew a battery that has known drop issues yesterday, and zero drop issues happened. In fact, I have run the gamut of my battery arsonal and not one drop this past week.

Without the battery drop issue, this drone is, hands down, the best drone on the market. The FW is outstanding, the machine itself is outstanding...If I were to continue to use my Phantom 3, I would be buying parts for the inevitable crashes that occur. This tough lil' bastage is BETTER than the Energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going. Range is fantastic (for my needs & uses) and though there may be video breakup when around an all steel building and when flying behind the steel building, but it is consistent and strong aside from being close to all metal buildings.

Depending on your usage, the X-Star Premium is easily the best drone on the market. Blows my DJI Phantom 3 clear away.

I have to comment,my first.I have been flying the poop out of my cap and I have been very impressed.I have a lot of experience with batteries and no problems at all with any thing related to this drone
Service instruction for battery maintenance Are quite clear.discharge below 7% charge to 100% every 20 flights or 3 months.shorten in colder weather or long term storage.two weeks or more been landing near 10% for almost two months .have fun just my opinion.the best

I have to comment,my first.I have been flying the poop out of my cap and I have been very impressed.I have a lot of experience with batteries and no problems at all with any thing related to this drone
Service instruction for battery maintenance Are quite clear.discharge below 7% charge to 100% every 20 flights or 3 months.shorten in colder weather or long term storage.two weeks or more been landing near 10% for almost two months .have fun just my opinion.the best

You are one of the lucky ones. Many experienced pilots on here and Autel facebook page have not been so lucky. I have 4 years flying quads with lipo batteries and am very diligent to care and rotate my batteries. These smart (intelligent) batteries are a different breed from a regular lipo battery. It is not so much the battery design as it is the battery firmware. I have only had it happen once since last Jan. and still fly that battery that Autel replaced but I can tell you I don't send the x-star anywhere I might not be able to retrieve from. Like I said you are one of the lucky ones, hope you stay that way.

Reactions: dronechimp
Great comment.I might add that mine is a refurb unit purchased direct and no update yet.fingers crossed
I have one of those Refurbs on the way. Autel would not repair/replace my Xstar the fell from the sky and landed on my roof upside down.

I have the refurb. Love it. Couldn't tell it was a refurb except for the case...which sits in the closet anyway so no loss. ;)

Reactions: dronechimp
You are one of the lucky ones. Many experienced pilots on here and Autel facebook page have not been so lucky. I have 4 years flying quads with lipo batteries and am very diligent to care and rotate my batteries. These smart (intelligent) batteries are a different breed from a regular lipo battery. It is not so much the battery design as it is the battery firmware. I have only had it happen once since last Jan. and still fly that battery that Autel replaced but I can tell you I don't send the x-star anywhere I might not be able to retrieve from. Like I said you are one of the lucky ones, hope you stay that way.

I agree. I've came very close to losing my drone because of this glitch. My question is, what good is a drone that I can't fly beyond easy retrieval?? This issue really gets to me. When I get time I'm going to drain my batteries and start over. Hoping for a fix. Have my doubts. Obviously because I won't fly my drone any distance away, or over any terrain that is questionable and NEVER below 50% battery....... :(

Depends what you consider to be "easy retrieval" I suppose...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorPilot2024