Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is the Autel X-Star all Tuckered out?

We all know that the XSP is hands down the best quad ever built, and the Tucker is an amazing car. My only worry is if Autel decides to fold shop then we will be buying used quads from ebay just to get parts.

Also, I know longer see the x-star wifi drone anywhere. Correct if I'm wrong, but it seems to have disappeared.

Reactions: dronechimp
I did find the last of the wifi x-stars on Banggood for $399.00.

Autel Robotics X-Star XStar 3 WIFI FPV With 1080P HD Camera 3 Axis Gimbal GPS RC Quadcopter RTF

That said, even if Autel sticks around and shows us something new at CES, it appears that the X-Star is being abandon. For those of you that pick up a refurb for $500.00 no big deal, but for some of us like myself who have a $1000.00 invested with a couple extra batteries, I think it is a big deal. Exspeicillay if parts get hard to come by. We can't just be expected to run out and buy the next year's model.

Just plume ridiculous.

Reactions: KentA
I did find the last of the wifi x-stars on Banggood for $399.00.

Autel Robotics X-Star XStar 3 WIFI FPV With 1080P HD Camera 3 Axis Gimbal GPS RC Quadcopter RTF

That said, even if Autel sticks around and shows us something new at CES, it appears that the X-Star is being abandon. For those of you that pick up a refurb for $500.00 no big deal, but for some of us like myself who have a $1000.00 invested with a couple extra batteries, I think it is a big deal. Exspeicillay if parts get hard to come by. We can't just be expected to run out and buy the next year's model.

Just plume ridiculous.

Yep, that was my point. I like my Drone. But I will not buy the next offering to escape the problems I'm having with this one. I'm not very smart, but I'm smarter than that. :(

I just came from the phantom forum where I found that the latest firmware update that came out in July/17 for the phantom 4 has not been a big hit. Many phantom users are reporting problems with the update. It has me wondering a little bit if these companies maybe do stuff like this shortly before the release of a new model.

Kinda forcing us into an upgrade if you will? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I will say if Autel comes out with a newer model I will be interested in seeing it, but I will say that 95% of my decision to purchase the x-star in the first place is because I am a barebones kind of guy who doesn't like a lot of bells and whisles.

To me two many bells and whisles just = too many problems. I like on and off switches basically. I certainly hope Autel does not tucker out. I think once Christmas is over the tale will be told. So I will hold out.

FIXING THIS LAST FIRMWHARE UPGRADE SHOULD BE THEIR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:
Any future Autel has in this market will be built on the foundation they named X-Star.
It would be foolish to let that groundwork crumble.
It is far too good a beginning to waste.

I agree, on their first try they blew all four phantoms right out of the water. These guys are tuff cookies and don't play games. They have been making robotic equipment for many years and know their stuff. So it will be interesting to see if they come out with a newer model.

Believe it or not when new aircraft come out we are doing reboots and patches for a year or more.remember the battery problems ? this is a computer.that flies! And a tv and a video camera and a regular camera.seems like x star has way fewer problems than most if not all.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yep, I was just looking at a refurbished phantom 4 today and realized it was just not worth $700.00.

Believe it or not when new aircraft come out we are doing reboots and patches for a year or more.remember the battery problems ? this is a computer.that flies! And a tv and a video camera and a regular camera.seems like x star has way fewer problems than most if not all.
X-star has very few issues compared with DJI...But there are more users of DJI so that explains that.

As for the battery issues, no one CAN forget them. ;)

Yep, that was my point. I like my Drone. But I will not buy the next offering to escape the problems I'm having with this one. I'm not very smart, but I'm smarter than that. :(
The only "problem" I have with my XSP is the battery drop issue. Beyond that, it is perfection as far as drones go.

Hi crew, loving the way the new firmware is working on my X-star, I love this machine and it's been absolutely stellar in all respects. Just looked at the B&H website a few days ago and noticed that both the white and orange X-star's are "Discontinued" Autel RoboticsX-Star Premium Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal

the X-star is dead, long live the x-star. Gimme that damn 20+mp camera, I dont care if its $1000 plus or attached to a totally new drone, I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi crew, loving the way the new firmware is working on my X-star, I love this machine and it's been absolutely stellar in all respects. Just looked at the B&H website a few days ago and noticed that both the white and orange X-star's are "Discontinued" Autel RoboticsX-Star Premium Quadcopter with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal

the X-star is dead, long live the x-star. Gimme that damn 20+mp camera, I dont care if its $1000 plus or attached to a totally new drone, I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but everybody and their brother is still selling them, and I think once Christmas is over and all the returns start blowing in, you'll see another batch of refurbished units.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout