Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Leary of Autel purchase

Agustine, your cold weather flights are legendary and beautiful. On that note, at what temperature do you take your batteries out of the oven before slapping them in the pumpkin? Do you get the low battery temp warning when flying in winter? I ignored it at my own peril yesterday, here is my first and last winter flight of 2017, my mental note from this is not to fly below a battery of 50% below 32 degrees....

LOL
Nice crash :)
I was out today. It was -10F and I had my battery on the dash of my truck with the defrost on it for a good ten minutes so it was toasty warm. All my vents are taped shut. I had no cold battery warnings at all but it was a very short flight. When I got back home I new I still had about 70% still on my battery so I put it back up in the air to get some pictures of my neighbours fallen tree. Clicked a few pictures next door and flew back and around the backyard trying to get the battery back down to a better storage level. After about 4 minutes I got a battery cold warning which I just acknowledge and flew it another 13 minutes and landed. No battery drop for me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb