Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Leary of Autel purchase

I really think the battery issue is part of the new update. I have not flown my XSP in seven months until a couple days ago. After taking it out the closet, I charged all three batteries, and launched the XSP into the sky, and each battery worked flawlessly on the old firmware.

Reading these posts makes me start thinking Autel, as far as drones go, is on their way out. I use their diagnostic equipment and it’s first rate. I have two XSP’s. One is still new in the case, If they go out parts will become impossible to get, glad I have two. Sad to see.

The parts are already scarce. Ive been looking to get a body shell just for emergencies, and all I see is white ones.

[QUOTE="arto.inetco, post: 13012, I use the P4P, only because there is no mapping software for Autel.
ARTO: I worked with PIXHAWK to get the XSP compatible with there mapping software. If you go down to the bottom of the site under drone compatibility you will now see Autel there.
Continuous Lift, LLC

On there website, I see they no longer sell parts, shell, camera/gimble or motors. I'm starting to worry. I love my XSP, but I'm starting to think it will be the Tucker of quadcopter/drones.

Heck, I don't even think they have the little gimble repair kit anymore.

If they could resolve the battery crash issue, the machine itself is ideal. I have my fingers crossed that they’ll come back with a vengeance. I really want them to succeed! I so want to jump in right now. But I think I’ll also hold off a bit to see how things play out in the first quarter of the new year.

Of the issues I've experienced, the current battery issue rubs me raw. I didn't have an issue until I updated to .12. Unless someone can verify that having their batteries replaced fixed the problem, I see this as the beginning of the end...... Really disappointed. :(

image.jpg I took mine out again today over the Muskegon River, and once again each of the three batteries worked flawlessly on the old firmware.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
If I was rich, I would go ahead and buy one of their refurbs, and put the batteries to the test.

Would you mind posting a link to what you are talking about? I tried a google search but came up with nothing.
———
Sorry about that. I had a brain fart. Link below. Got the name confused with something else I have been looking at. At the bottom of the page it shows all of the drones compatible with their software. The XSP is now compatible with the software.
PrecisionMapper | Drone & UAV Mapping Analytics
Continuous Lift

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hey everyone, I am posting this because I want to ease the fear. AUTEL is for from going out of business. We recently opened an east cost service center with technicians and customer service. We are holding strong to our 14 day SLA.
We will be at CES with great news. You have to believe me its not just talk, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

As some have said we are still supporting the XSP, however we are focused more on the new and exciting things to come.

See you at CES!

Hey everyone, I am posting this because I want to ease the fear. AUTEL is for from going out of business. We recently opened an east cost service center with technicians and customer service. We are holding strong to our 14 day SLA.
We will be at CES with great news. You have to believe me its not just talk, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

As some have said we are still supporting the XSP, however we are focused more on the new and exciting things to come.

See you at CES!

Fly-high,

It is refreshing to hear that Autel is moving on to more "exciting things", but many of us that recently invested in the X-Star Premium worry about firmware & battery issues & plastic parts....

Should we too consider our beloved X-Stars to be old technology & become "focused more on the new and exciting things to come"?

Reactions: yrless

See you at CES!

Dangling-the-carrot-ANEY_InPixio.jpg

Fly-high,

It is refreshing to hear that Autel is moving on to more "exciting things", but many of us that recently invested in the X-Star Premium worry about firmware & battery issues & plastic parts....

Should we too consider our beloved X-Stars to be old technology & become "focused more on the new and exciting things to come"?
KentA,
Not at all the XSP is still being supported and will continue to see firmware updates..

Reactions: KentA
Well I have been an Avid Autel backer but I'm beginning to think Autel is in it to make the fast buck by putting out a new product before all the bugs are worked out with the old. We waited darn near a year for new firmware that still has many problems. Autel had their chance for a very long time and blew it. There are a lot of pissed off people so address the old problems so you can move on to something new.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout