Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Meet the EVO!!! Autel's new bird!!

Looks like a Mavic, but better designed and hopefully with a better camera and range. I have a mavic and its camera is not very stable and reboots once in a while during flight. The mavic also claims a 7km range, but I find I only get around 3km. The app is also not stable on android for the mavic.

I hope this is a perfected Mavic. If so, I will be very interested!
Same here. I own a Mavic and I'm not pleased with it's camera. If the camera on the Evo is better my Mavic just might be for sale.

I also own DJI's CrystalSky which runs on Android and its crap....unstable. Entire tablet freezes up. Screen is bright tho.

It will be released right after the 1" sensor X-Star camera, the new X-Star with retractable legs and a 1" sensor. :D
Let's hope they follow through on this as it looks interesting, provided it has a better camera than the X-Star and they release a proper SDK for Starlink.
If they do that, I am in! :)

Reactions: TAMU1996
You would think there would be some specs out on their facebook page and more promoting than what has been posted by them so far. Either this thing is not ready for prime time or someone needs to get off their butts and give out more info on the products.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I'm surprised they didn't supplement the CES debut of the Evo with a mention on their web site.

So far looking good :)
Still looking for specs......anyone have them yet?
7km range, 30 mins flight time, 4k 60fps.

I'm sold! Sounds like it's camera is better than my Mavic (which I'm not that pleased with).

Ya I saw that but there really was not a lot of information.

"4k 60fps camera, 7km range, built-in 3.3in OLED screen on the controller, front/rear sensors and downward IR sensor for computer vision & obstacle avoidance technology. More details will
becoming out as #CES2018 continues, stay tuned!"

Lots of info still missing.

Last edited:
So besides being portable, how is it better than what we already have in our XSP and hard cases?
I discount obstacle avoidance, its not useful for me cause I fly wide open spaces.
I bet EVO will cost more than the Mavic Pro..DJI has that puppy tooled up and as cheap to make as possible already.
So while I like the idea of a better mavic, I already bought the XSP over the mavic pro, last year. Throw in no SDK and no third party support (nothing was announced with the EVO), typical Autel SOP, and we are right where we are now, a foldable pumpkin. Autel website/store does not show the EVO as being even available for pre-order...it doesnt show the EVO at all, but it does have old CES 2017 announcements... THAT is disturbing...
Sorry Autel, its 2018, Folks are wiser not on their first real drone..We need more than cute videos and a folding drone DEMO to create buzz.
Im praying there is more from Autel...theyve been good holding secrets, and they did bring in 3 big boxes to their Vegas booth....

Reactions: yrless
Someone at CES 2018 said Autel has more announcements but the EVO is the only one they will say for today. I don't get it. Whats the big secret LOL Show us what you have and show the specs.
Yuneec came out with three UAVs. A better Typhoon H called the Typhoon H Plus, a fixed wing and a racing drone. No secrets from that company so whats up with Autel :)

Reactions: TAMU1996
Someone at CES 2018 said Autel has more announcements but the EVO is the only one they will say for today. I don't get it. Whats the big secret LOL Show us what you have and show the specs.
Yuneec came out with three UAVs. A better Typhoon H called the Typhoon H Plus, a fixed wing and a racing drone. No secrets from that company so whats up with Autel :)

I've never understood this behavior, but I guess they think it builds up the hype.. But for them to debut the EVO without spec's, price and availability is just a downright miss-step. One of many I'm afraid.

The first company that comes out with a small UAV that weighs less than 250 grams to get away from the regulations will be the winner in this game. DJI was close with the Spark. Takeoff weight is 300 Grams or 10.58 oz so not good enough.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bibo