Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New beta firmware available

EVO Beta Firmware Program Release Notes
Last update: 3/6/2019
Overview
Welcome to Autel Robotics EVO beta firmware program. This firmware package V1.3.3.45 contains the following component updates:

COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.2.20
CameraV0.2.0.8
Remote ControllerV0.0.28.0
Remote Controller Panel (Player)V1.1.18.0
Image TransmissionV1.0.3.13
Remote Control Image TransmissionV1.0.3.13
GimbalV1.1.3.1
BatteryV1.1.7.0
Vision ModuleV1.0.2.2
SonarV1.2.1.13
ESC 1-4V1.0.1.29
Notes
1. Make sure you power off both the aircraft and the remote controller to complete the update after the LCD indicates a successful update. Power back on and you are ready to fly.

2. Once the update is complete if any part of the update fails, power off the aircraft and remote controller and retry the firmware update.

3. Please note that various settings might be reset to factory defaults after the firmware update. Re-adjust your preferred settings after the update to suit your needs.

4. This firmware does not include a battery update.

5. You do not need to perform a compass calibration after the update unless prompted by the Explorer App or RC.

6. Once updated to the Beta firmware you will NOT be able to revert to the previous firmware version.

What’s New
  1. Optimized RTH accuracy in weak GPS condition
  2. Added ‘Coaching Mode’ which allows users to connect a second controller with the aircraft for flight
  3. Optimized camera IQ and exposure
  4. Improved anti-drifting ability after initial taking off (Improved convergence rate of aircraft’s initial heading deviation)
  5. Added battery over-discharging warning prompt
  6. Added ‘Safe to Land’ prompt on RC
  7. Bug fixes

Reactions: mixchief
Interesting, the coaching mode has me thinking, i wonder if it could be used similar to the two remote setup on the Inspire, where one person pilots and the other focuses on camera work... I was just talking about this somewhere, how cool that'll be!

Do Autel betas cause drones to fly back to China? I am skeptical to beta firmwares.
I will never install a beta firmware unless they are paying me to be a tester. I would wait until the stable or final version is released.

DJI didn't ninja them. We knew it was coming. If they do, I'm learning to play baseball with the Evo.

I will never install a beta firmware unless they are paying me to be a tester. I would wait until the stable or final version is released.
Especially since Autel makes it very clear that they're not liable for anything that may happen to your drone as a result of the beta firmware.

Interesting, the coaching mode has me thinking, i wonder if it could be used similar to the two remote setup on the Inspire, where one person pilots and the other focuses on camera work... I was just talking about this somewhere, how cool that'll be!

What does the drone do when getting competing instructions? I think the idea is good, but absent a Typhoon H type 360 degree gimbal I don't see a huge upside in having a photography person and a flier as the person flying is always going to be setting the orientation of the drone (therefore the main direction of the camera).

Especially since Autel makes it very clear that they're not liable for anything that may happen to your drone as a result of the beta firmware.
Autel has always honored the warranty while using beta firmware. Seen them honor it dozens of times in the XSP era. I would imagine they still do. Everyone you see sending their units back for repair under warranty are probably 99% using beta firmware.

What does the drone do when getting competing instructions? I think the idea is good, but absent a Typhoon H type 360 degree gimbal I don't see a huge upside in having a photography person and a flier as the person flying is always going to be setting the orientation of the drone (therefore the main direction of the camera).
It allows the second person to set gimbal angle, camera settings and focus point while the other focuses in making the manouvers.

Reactions: bob_erqs
I would imagine they'll have it set up so the "coach" controller has override capabilities in order to keep the student out of situations where they might wreck the drone.

Autel has always honored the warranty while using beta firmware. Seen them honor it dozens of times in the XSP era. I would imagine they still do. Everyone you see sending their units back for repair under warranty are probably 99% using beta firmware.
That's good to hear. I was just repeating what I read on their beta testing page.

The more I hear about the Typhoon H the more I want one. I'm totally digging Intel Realsense... I wish the Evo was compatible with the RS module.

Edit: Although if im remembering correctly they're worse than DJI with the geofencing, altitude restrictions and NFZs. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker, that's why i have an Evo.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob_erqs
I would imagine they'll have it set up so the "coach" controller has override capabilities in order to keep the student out of situations where they might wreck the drone.
Watch the video I posted. I'm sure it will work basically identical for the EVO if/when they get that option.

The more I hear about the Typhoon H the more I want one. I'm totally digging Intel Realsense... I wish the Evo was compatible with the RS module.

Edit: Although if im remembering correctly they're worse than DJI with the geofencing, altitude restrictions and NFZs. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker, that's why i have an Evo.
The Evo has something similar to Realsense.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE