Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New beta firmware available

I've never had any NFZ issues with my H. The problem with the new H (which I don't have) is the camera is kind of dodgy from what I've read. If you don't need the real sense module you can pick them up from time to time for about 400 bucks. That's a lot of drone for that cost.
A Typhoon H for 400 bucks? Where would one keep and eye for a deal like that?

I would not doubt that have scratches or issues on it. A refurbished one cost around $699

They pop up on Woot manufacture refurbs every month or so. Purchased through Amazon I have gotten them for just over and just under 400 bucks. Looking at them you would never know they weren't new and came in Yuneec boxes. I wanted a second controller so I bought one then parted out what I didn't need. Realizing how that worked I bought a couple and sold the pieces individually (drone, camera, battery, charger, controller) until my "spare" H was free.

You can set a tickler on SD or other sites for when the deal pops up. Haven't seen one in a couple months, but they were happening on the reg in 2018.

I actually checked. One I got for $300. The next time they were $400.

Reactions: macoman
They pop up on Woot manufacture refurbs every month or so. Purchased through Amazon I have gotten them for just over and just under 400 bucks. Looking at them you would never know they weren't new and came in Yuneec boxes. I wanted a second controller so I bought one then parted out what I didn't need. Realizing how that worked I bought a couple and sold the pieces individually (drone, camera, battery, charger, controller) until my "spare" H was free.

You can set a tickler on SD or other sites for when the deal pops up. Haven't seen one in a couple months, but they were happening on the reg in 2018.

I actually checked. One I got for $300. The next time they were $400.

View attachment 3790
You can add a RealSense module afterwards, correct? I wonder how difficult that is.

You can add a RealSense module afterwards, correct? I wonder how difficult that is.

If you can put the props on the H you can add the real sense module. Not too difficult and (IMHO) easier than doing the props until you're used to it.

Here's what I see:

I have upgraded to BETA firmware - yes - but still using same Android App v1.0.1.8 I was asked to sign up for BETA firmware and install/working with Autel with a problem I am having with my Gimbal - and as soon as I signed up -- it let me download. Installed fine. Certain errors were resolved, but I do continue having a problem with the Gimbal and waiting on a response from Autel as of course this is recent.

View attachment 3722View attachment 3723

View attachment 3725So, I was looking in the menu and the 34 mph is still there?

So, everything on my setup as far as Flight Control does not look to have changed. This may be due to the upcoming APP upgrade?

View attachment 3726View attachment 3727

When selecting precision, I get a pop-up about EXP matching... These are the speeds shown for Precision...

View attachment 3728View attachment 3729

This is the pop-up when entering Ludicrous mode. Tapping Close reveals the next screen...

View attachment 3730

And as I suspected - there is NO pop-up warning about anything when selecting 34 mph. Per specs... the avoidance sensors would not function past 20 mph.

Lastly, I do see a the dual-control option setup.

View attachment 3731

So I am curious what is changing here myself....
I already have the dual controller option and have not updated yet.

Getting back to the topic, does anyone know if there has been any further tuning on earlier bugs like horizon tilt or Orbit? I'm curious as to what "Bug Fixes" were or are being addressed in this Beta FW.

Getting back to the topic, does anyone know if there has been any further tuning on earlier bugs like horizon tilt or Orbit? I'm curious as to what "Bug Fixes" were or are being addressed in this Beta FW.
I have that issue that sometimes the horizon looks tilt and other times the gimbal works fine. Very weird.

One of the early buyers, Danny Fyffe who did a ton of EVO reviews made a few comments yesterday on Autels official facebook page that even after all the updates there is still a problem with the orbit and tilted horizon. He was one of their strongest supporters but he seems to be getting frustrated waiting for them to get things right.
You see people saying its OK and then you see people like this guy who probably got one of the first EVO's say its still broke.
I remember he stayed up all night for the truck to drop off his package LOL

One of the early buyers, Danny Fyffe who did a ton of EVO reviews made a few comments yesterday on Autels official facebook page that even after all the updates there is still a problem with the orbit and tilted horizon. He was one of their strongest supporters but he seems to be getting frustrated waiting for them to get things right.
You see people saying its OK and then you see people like this guy who probably got one of the first EVO's say its still broke.
I remember he stayed up all night for the truck to drop off his package LOL
What the reported issue with orbit? Ive used it a few times with good results.

Is that you Agustine? Just curious since the video states it was posted on the 2nd of March and it does not mention on anything about updating the firmware.

THIS IS ORBIT WITH NEW FIRMWARE

Last edited:
No that is Danny Fyffe the guy who I said was posting on Facebook and saying even with the latest firmware orbit is still not right. Just relaying what people are saying around the interweb.

Reactions: Madhungarian
Is that you Agustine? Just curious since the video states it was posted on the 2nd of March and it does not mention on anything about updating the firmware.

THIS IS ORBIT WITH NEW FIRMWARE
Ther video didn't help, idk, maybe my standards aren't high enough, but I didn't catch the issue. Is it not an exact circle? It's hard to judge without knowing where center is...

I think his complaint was it did not keep him in the center of the orbit and it was jerky.

Here is another guy who posted about it on the 11th

Keytiger Washigton
March 11 at 3:07 PM
Autel please fix the orbit mode asap, in this lastest update , it has gotten worse than before , i tried 5 times to do a good orbit it was off every time. I have been using this mode over 6 months , and it was never 90 percent, but now it kind of dangerous and it might cause an accident, the
evo is unstable in this mode, this not good at all.

I also read there are who are having issue in PAL format.....
I think his complaint was it did not keep him in the center of the orbit and it was jerky.

Keytiger Washigton
Autel please fix the orbit mode asap, in this lastest update , it has gotten worse than before , i tried 5 times to do a good orbit it was off every time. I have been using this mode over 6 months , and it was never 90 percent, but now it kind of dangerous and it might cause an accident, the

Keytiger Washigton
The center was set to the middle of the house. I DO NOT see a problem. This is not an issue for me.

I also read there are who are having issue in PAL format.....

The center was set to the middle of the house. I DO NOT see a problem. This is not an issue for me.

If you have been following along you would know the video in question is the one I posted from Danny Fyffe ;)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE