Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New beta firmware available

I just updated the firmware on my Evo and under standard I still have 34mph option. It shows 11,22,and34 as choices.

Did you update the app on your phone/tablet? It was reported this was for the BETA app... I had showed in another discussion what you are describing:

The person starting the discussion come back and said they were running both BETA firmware and BETA app:

I have found other issues with the BETA app -- mainly, the requirements for the screen resolution are a bit too high.

Not many people are going to have the devices that support these screen resolutions:

I run into this bug - and received the feedback from Autel on the screen resolution requirements -- and deleted the BETA app. I also left their developers a note through google play -- then promptly removed myself from the BETA program.

answer: Obstacle Avoidance ...

It has been preached that Ludicrous mode -- no avoidance sensors are active - to be very very careful and not crash.

Has to do with GPS mode -- up to 22 mph -- Obstacle avoidance is suppose to function to certain degrees... anything over 22 mph and Obstacle avoidance is a no-go. It even somewhat mentions this in the app.

View attachment 3713

To my knowledge, there is a warning when selecting Ludicrous mode to this effect -- but no warning displayed when selecting 34 mph speed in the menu. I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a warning when I switched mine into 34 mph while flying one day.

34 mph should just be moved into the menu option you have to select into to select Ludicrous speed - not taken away.

But I agree if done away with altogether, I would rather see Ludicrous mode be refined/fixed with it's loosing altitude problems...

In a round about way -- all the specs and capabilities are mentioned in this video....

Everyone needs to look under standard after the beta update.... 34mph is still a choice. Mine show311, 22,and 34 mph choices under standard.

Well I have a new Samsung galaxy S10 plus and a Samsung galaxy tab S4 and it's perfect on both those.

Not everyone is going to be in this boat.

They may be lucky and have an S7 or S8 that may fit the criteria... there are very few models (only Samsung) that fit these resolution requirements.

I am surprised not to find any other manufacturer with resolutions to this spec, like another mainstream model like LG for example.

Not everyone is going to be in this boat.

They may be lucky and have an S7 or S8 that may fit the criteria... there are very few models (only Samsung) that fit these resolution requirements.

I am surprised not to find any other manufacturer with resolutions to this spec, like another mainstream model like LG for example.
That's true but that's the reason I buy the best I can get... Always.

For what it's worth, I haven't run into any issues with screen resolution on my Samsung, and it's fairly new-ish, but certainly nothing fancy or expensive at all, it's screen is between just 5 and 6 inches. I never drop big money on phones, one of the few things I'm cheap on.

Apparently not.....
People (including myself) tend to panic a little when an option is taken away... especially an option they use. If this software was loaded with different options and multiple ways of achieving different desired results it wouldn't matter as much, but that's not what Autel has given us... yet.

People (including myself) tend to panic a little when an option is taken away... especially an option they use. If this software was loaded with different options and multiple ways of achieving different desired results it wouldn't matter as much, but that's not what Autel has given us... yet.
I couldn't agree more with you. In fact I was hesitant to do the update while it is in beta. I don't believe any of us want an orange paper weight with foldable arms. But so far no issues at all.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE