Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Well i did it, went out and bought my second drone.

Pretty cool, never had a yuneec before but I have a Evo, a mavic pro and a spark.

Im scooting the Evo over to make some room.

I picked up a Yuneec Typhoon Pro in very unused condition.

Time to do some learning...
@Apollo11capcom Great choice! You will be blown away with all of the control you will have. I have 2 H's and the EVO. The EVO is my go to for a fold up quad to get a quick shot or for 60fps and the camera is one of the best for a 1/2.3" sensor I have seen.
That being said you are in for a whole new flying experience with the H.
Lots of good information and info on mistakes we have already made ..lol..for you at Typhoon H Discussion The H480 is an exelent Hex. There are many videos on youtube re: set up calibration etc. Lots to learn about the H and it's capabilities. Good luck!

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
@Apollo11capcom Great choice! You will be blown away with all of the control you will have. I have 2 H's and the EVO. The EVO is my go to for a fold up quad to get a quick shot or for 60fps and the camera is one of the best for a 1/2.3" sensor I have seen.
That being said you are in for a whole new flying experience with the H.
Lots of good information and info on mistakes we have already made ..lol..for you at Typhoon H Discussion The H480 is an exelent Hex. There are many videos on youtube re: set up calibration etc. Lots to learn about the H and it's capabilities. Good luck!
That's great to hear, thanks! You'll see me over in the forum, I'm sure i'l have questions here n there.

That's great to hear, thanks! You'll see me over in the forum, I'm sure i'l have questions here n there.

I really, really like the H. Just know that the range is terrible on it. Besides that it is a terrific bird.

I really, really like the H. Just know that the range is terrible on it. Besides that it is a terrific bird.
That's why I took my time getting one, I wasn't sure if I'd be alright with the range, but im keeping my Evo so I can still visit other timezones.

I have to admit I’ve always liked the design. Why is the range so bad?
It's just the wifi technology, just like the Parrots and spark, I imagine that it has the same range as the new Anafi, about a mile. Its not so bad that it's unusable, it's just that when you're comparing it to what you're used to- like the Evos range- it seems short. If there are trees or structures you can still get out of LOS with it easily.

It's just the wifi technology, just like the Parrots and spark, I imagine that it has the same range as the new Anafi, about a mile. Its not so bad that it's unusable, it's just that when you're comparing it to what you're used to- like the Evos range- it seems short. If there are trees or structures you can still get out of LOS with it easily.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do you want to shoot video a mile away for? I fly both the H480 pro w/RS and my H480 standard with the Peau 3.97 all the time and never... and I mean never... have I lost video or control within LOS and I've had it out there where it was a spec in the sky. If you are a long range flyer get the 4 Hawks or the Itelite range extender. The H is capable of some great cinematic shots usually not shot from miles away.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do you want to shoot video a mile away for? I fly both the H480 pro w/RS and my H480 standard with the Peau 3.97 all the time and never... and I mean never... have I lost video or control within LOS and I've had it out there where it was a spec in the sky. If you are a long range flyer get the 4 Hawks or the Itelite range extender. The H is capable of some great cinematic shots usually not shot from miles away.

I've had video drop outs with the H well under a mile. Shooting a high school football stadium with the drone shooting diagonally across the field while outside the stadium is well under half a mile. It is still usable, but I never have any problems with it being dangerous and I never fly out of LOS. I was going to use it for some survey work I was doing on a property, but 300 feet up at the edge of the property video downlink was spotty at best. Evo was rock solid at the same distance. This is a large property, but well under a mile. The ironic thing is LOS is larger for the H than any of my other drones because of how large it is.

Range of my drones (from my experience) in decreasing distance/reliability is:
Evo
Air
H/Spark
I've had the Karma lose connection within 20 feet before and never go more than a couple of hundred feet with that one.

I added different antennas to my Yuneec Q500 RC plus boosters. Tested to 2 miles and never needed it to go any farther then 2500 feet but at least I knew I would have steady video feed.

That looks like something Doc would have done on Back to the future. 1.21 Jigawatts!!! ?
I was just going to say that! Lol!

He can go 2500 feet but he didn't mention how many years back or forward at the same time!

Im scooting the Evo over to make some room.

I picked up a Yuneec Typhoon Pro in very unused condition.

Time to do some learning...

I have two of these and I will miss them, since I'm selling both. The ability to tweak joystick input curves is amazing. Camera however is the weak aspect of that aircraft.

I have two of these and I will miss them, since I'm selling both. The ability to tweak joystick input curves is amazing. Camera however is the weak aspect of that aircraft.
I haven't found that yet (or seen it in the manual), where is that feature located?

I haven't had much time to try the camera much yet, but from what I've seen it doesn't look too bad... not like the evo, but not bad.

Tap "channel settings" to get to the interface that allows stick input editing. I think it's "J1" and "B1" (they'll be highlighted) that you're looking for on the grid of channels. EVO would be a nearly perfect UAV if Autel Robotics would add this kind of functionality.

As for the camera, I'm picky, but really, if you record in "raw" mode, you just need to add sharpening and color saturation in post and it can look really good. I never liked "gorgeous" mode. It looks over-sharpened to me. On 2nd thought, I might keep my 2nd TH. It really is an awesome drone.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert