Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI CAN KEEP IT! NOT INTERESTED!

JTorsrud

Reaction score
I turned off the DJI feed after about 15 minutes.

The Mavic Air is ridiculous. I don't know what Market they are shooting for, but it won't be in my collection. I like drones that I can physically see in the sky.

Even with all the new tech put in this drone, still doesn't push me toward buying it.

I think the EVO by Autel will win this contest hands down.

NOPE, DJI you can Keep it.

I would have to agree that it the new Mavic Air doesn't look very appealing to me. The camera seems to be alright, but only 21 minutes of flight time. Fully aware that is still great for its size, but you can just get a slightly bigger EVO or regular Mavic and have more flight time in a single battery. Also, does anyone know what the range is on this thing? If it's like the Spark's then that sucks. For $200 more I would rather have a fantastic looking drone that looks very well built and has all the features I'm looking for, including good after-sales customer service, the EVO. Hopefully Autel tells us what the mbps will be for the camera on the EVO or just announce the 1" sensor for a few hundred more than the standard.

I have to agree with Agustine on this one. It just looked like DJI kicked everybody else out of the room.

The Mavic Air has a range of 2.4 miles. My X-star will only get 21 minutes flight time at best so why do I need more flight time? The camera gimbal blows the EVO away. All the new features for camera support are awesome.
Lots of little things DJI added to the Mavic Air just puts it over the top.
Autel is not even out of the starting gate and you can have the Mavic Air in your hands on Jan. 28th.
Autel needs to **** or get off the pot.

Wow, can anybody compete with that? DJI’s R&D budget might be bigger than the net worth of their competition ...

Still waiting to see actual image/video quality vs EVO, but love the Air’s gimbal design...

Pretty amazing that they are clamming it will fly in 21 MPH winds and can take off and fly at 16000 feet above sea level.

Checking out the other DJI forums. All kinds of people sell the Mavic and spark already so they can get the Mavic Air LOL
UAV's are becoming like Bic lighters, a throw away package :)

It goes 68.4 Kph which works out to 42.5 Mph. I am pretty sure that is about what the EVO is rated at is it not? The folding arms are made from titanium and the EVO is plastic. (might be carbon fiber at a added cost later)
9 minutes more of flight time is a big maybe. When have you seen flight time that is advertised accurate LOL
Yes the controller on the EVO has the built in screen but that is not a deal breaker for me. I would be using my tablet with a aftermarket holder. There are already ones you can buy on Amazon.
A launch with a shipping date is bonus.
The flymore package for the same price as the EVO is also a bonus.

Not a big fan of Casey Neistat but he has some good footage from the camera. Lots of Youtube reviews out today.

It goes 68.4 Kph which works out to 42.5 Mph. I am pretty sure that is about what the EVO is rated at is it not? The folding arms are made from titanium and the EVO is plastic. (might be carbon fiber at a added cost later)
9 minutes more of flight time is a big maybe. When have you seen flight time that is advertised accurate LOL
Yes the controller on the EVO has the built in screen but that is not a deal breaker for me. I would be using my tablet with a aftermarket holder. There are already ones you can buy on Amazon.
A launch with a shipping date is bonus.
The flymore package for the same price as the EVO is also a bonus.

Not a big fan of Casey Neistat but he has some good footage from the camera. Lots of Youtube reviews out today.

When a company advertises a flight time, it is usually around 4-5 minutes less than they say it is. My Mavic can only fly for around 23 minutes, it is advertised at 27 minutes. Expect around 17 minutes with the Air.

The EVO is going to be using one of those High Capacity Lipo batteries. This is how it is getting a long flight time on a 3 Cell battery. I will be interesting to see how much better they stand up over time.

Hmmmm. I’ve flown my XSP in 20-25mph winds more than once. Challenging, but most of the video is steady, aside from the higher gusts. I’ve gone to about 11,000’, which is pretty good. It might fly higher, but is it necessarily a marketing advantage?
The Air’s HDR & Pano features look great. As a quality camera platform, the jury is out on the EVO & Air vs the XSP. They should be better, but...

Reactions: dronechimp

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn