Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI CAN KEEP IT! NOT INTERESTED!

Since the Mavic Pro is their best selling drone there are some folks who do like it. If you need a UAV for work DJI makes a dedicated line for work purposes (Inspire, Matrice, MG-1) as does Yuneec (H520 and it's orange!).

the 520 looks good, but their thermal camera is only 160x120..and the 520 1 inch camera alone is as much as a p4p....weve tested some of the dji industrials up to the s600 monster, 8 batteries, just crazy...some of those dji's take 10 + minutes to just setup, with little screws and wire couplings...i didnt like that. but i agree dji is tops in industrial uas too, with some new rtk models...
i can see it now, in 3 yrs DJI will come out w a two seater convertable UAS....not legal in N America, but maybe in Asia and elsewhere....

And what does that mean? Its my opinion so maybe you can respect it as I respect yours.
Because, my friend, it means you have neither, have seen only promo videos on either, and you think it "blows Evo out the door". C'mon, if you are so respectful and honest, admit it, you are just soured by AR handling of the camera modules. And I get it, I really do. AND respect it. ;)

All this coming from a man who thought his P3 was the best thing in the world compared to the X-Star. LOL No I don't think you get anything but hey you are welcome to buy either one. I for one will not be buying anything this year as I am fine with what I have.

Hey Agustine, Come on tell us the truth how much did DJI pay you as you just don't make sense.
All kinds of money. You should get on the gravy train to.

Don't even go there. I have done more for the Autel community than most and supported them through the rough times of firmware updates so if you are trying to pick a fight sonny boy you picked on the wrong fellow.

Autel has the 1/2.3" version that is essentially a 'me too' product going up against an established and hugely successful competitor that has already recouped their investment, leaving them very well placed to kill the price point needed for a viable launch for Autel. Yes, the EVO has some better features for sure, but outside the group that would never buy DJI under any circumstances, the new features won't stack up well against say a $300 price drop on the Mavic Pro.
The 1" version would have no direct competition right now if they made it, but if they wait too long they will not only be more than a year behind with the 1/2.3" version when it does eventually get released, but they will find that DJI have stolen their thunder and released a 1" product in the same or similar form-factor before they get that one to market as well.

When this ships we will be able to see what it’s like, if it sells 1/1000 of Mavic It will be a decent win for Autel but it’s going to have to sell on a level never seen before to leap it in that aspect and to be honest I’m not sure we will see another drone that does.

The reason this aircraft even has been born is because of what DJI did with the Mavic and It’s great when companies copy and follow but to be the best you have to lead, you can’t do that with something that might not ship for 6 to 12 months later with minimal improvements. Right now its just vaporware. Most stuff shown at CES - especially in the Drone section, has never seen the light of day. Lets see if Autel can even pull this off. For now the Mavic Air release date is January 28. It'll start shipping to its first customers on that date. Autel has a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Small companies like Autel should not get bogged down with developing new accessory products. Too much time and money is spent attempting to "reinvent the wheel". Far more efficient is to network with companies that have already developed high performing products to find a means to modify and integrate them onto an existing but adaptable platform (X-Star Premium). It does not require as much effort to design a new mount or code to control a new accessory as it does to create a new accessory and everything associate with it. If you want to use a better camera, just install the camera and mounting adapter and follow that up by transferring control software from a disc that was included with the new camera. The concept is applicable to virtually everything as long as the base platform has the ability to carry it. There's no reason to task engineering teams with creating a new tire just because their car has a flat and they don't make one of their own to replace it with. There are already many to choose from readily available.

Let's face it, few have the resources to be buying a new multirotor every 3 to 6 months. It doesn't take long for people to run out of money and become angry as the platform they bought only a couple months ago is superseded by something new with only one or a couple minor new capabilities or performance improvements over the previous product release. Customers become discouraged and start looking elsewhere for their next products if that happens often enough.

If DJI came up with a $300 price drop on the Mavic Pro, they would shut down, literally, every drone maker. It ain't gonna happen.

If DJI came up with a $300 price drop on the Mavic Pro, they would shut down, literally, every drone maker. It ain't gonna happen.
Why will it not happen. This is what they do. They killed the Karma and Solo that way. What makes you think they will not do the same to Autel?

i'll weight in to break you too up...solo was ahead of its time, component quality has impfligh since then, but they were on the right track...karma also was a good idea for thousands of gpro owners, but had a bad battery housing which caused a short in flight....and im flying my P2 over the ice today, cause its above zero...

The EVO looks to be a very capable craft. I love the color scheme if that counts for anything. Autel does a good job with after purchase support also. If the camera/gimbal on the EVO delivers current industry standard results,I think it will be pricing that that makes or breaks its future sales. A good thing about Autel is that they do more than just drones. They may be able to afford to play with DJI on price war for a little while, just how much are they willing to pull from other divisions will remain to be seen. This is where DJI excels in killing the competition but since not one has rolled out to Autels customer base this is just pointless talk.

Wow! I thought this was an Autel forum...come to find out it is more about promoting DJI products, as if DJI needed the help. Looks like I cannot get away from DJI no matter where I turn...I must get DJI...must get DJI...must get DJI...must get DJI...repeat after me...

Just kidding!

Must NEVER get DJI...must NEVER get DJI...must NEVER get DJI...

I agree. I don't think anyone here is trying to market DJI products. All of us who own or have been planning to buy Autel aircraft would like Autel Robitics to be successful over the long term. Maybe they will be, but because the odds of that don't look especially good it is prudent to consider alternatives. Even if the odds were good, and they obviously still look good to some people, it would be prudent to stay informed about alternatives that may be better. Forums like this provide an excellent way to exchange information and points-of-view that others may not have considered.

If that information isn't of value to you, don't read it. If it is, be thankful that others were willing to share their thoughts, whether or not you agree with them.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi Delta Blue, it is the Autel forum however there some who are paid by large companies and will come to a site like this and make comments
which are clouded and don't make sense and are one sided, just fools so the best remedy is to dismiss them which they don't like as they
are full of their own importance.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaksunDr