Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI CAN KEEP IT! NOT INTERESTED!

Hi Delta Blue, it is the Autel forum however there some who are paid by large companies and will come to a site like this and make comments
which are clouded and don't make sense and are one sided, just fools so the best remedy is to dismiss them which they don't like as they
are full of their own importance.

LOL
You seemed to have mistaken this forum for the RCgroup forum. The group of guys that are active on this forum have been talking UAV's for a very long time on here. Most of us have become friends that we share opinions and exchange views. So if you think there is a DJI rat on here spite it out. Don't beat around the bush.
16114346_1374023659284992_3883469371619488168_n.jpg

Reactions: KentA
I just find it funny, our Admin. LuvMyTJ owns 2 or 3 DJI units and has expressed how much better he feels they are to his Autel. Now this guy comes on here and tries to say anybody promoting a DJI is a spy of somesort. I guess our Admin who started this group has a ulterior motive. :)

I turned off the DJI feed after about 15 minutes.

The Mavic Air is ridiculous. I don't know what Market they are shooting for, but it won't be in my collection. I like drones that I can physically see in the sky.

Even with all the new tech put in this drone, still doesn't push me toward buying it.

I think the EVO by Autel will win this contest hands down.

NOPE, DJI you can Keep it.

Agreed. The Air appears to be a glorified “Selfie” drone. If I can’t use it for work, I don’t need it. I haven’t been a teenager for many moons now...lol... just my 2 cents worth (and probably not worth that) and no offense intended to those who like self-portraits.

Wow! I thought this was an Autel forum...come to find out it is more about promoting DJI products, as if DJI needed the help. Looks like I cannot get away from DJI no matter where I turn...I must get DJI...must get DJI...must get DJI...must get DJI...repeat after me...

Just kidding!

Must NEVER get DJI...must NEVER get DJI...must NEVER get DJI...

My thoughts exactly; however, I do indeed own a P4P and XSP. My XSP is rock solid but I was very disappointed with a lack of a 1” sensor; as promised. Also, AR did not release their SDK for development; as promised.
I would sell my DJI in a blink of an eye if Autel would produce a comparable product. At this point, I’m not optimistic. There are many things I hate and despise about DJI and their monopolizing tactics, but currently the bar to hurdle has been set very high by the P4P. Cough..spit...gag...that leaves a real nasty taste...lol

Last edited:
Guys, the MA and the Evo are different drones for different markets. The ONLY comparable drone is the Mavic Pro and even that is only comparable in price. So all this back 'n forth is childish and pointless...a waste of energy and time.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Hi Delta Blue, it is the Autel forum however there some who are paid by large companies and will come to a site like this and make comments
which are clouded and don't make sense and are one sided, just fools so the best remedy is to dismiss them which they don't like as they
are full of their own importance.
I don't think that is the case here.

If autel made it clear that NFZ's are not in the firmware (pilots responsibility),

Autel chose to trust drone pilots and leave total freedom to their customers. Here is today's answer i received from Autel support about my question regarding potential NFZs locks in the upcoming EVO... in short: no NFZ on the EVO!
"Thanks for contacting support. Autel takes a hands off approach to geo-fencing (NFZ). That means the drone will not stop you from flying in these zones, but it is the individuals responsibility to respect the rules. Outlined here The FAA rules and regulations you need to know to keep your drone use legal"
Why buy a Dji brick when you can free fly with an Autel?
Now only a few weeks to wait till EVO's launch, yeepee!

I see this is your first post so Welcome. I have to ask you if the law said this is a no fly zone why would you need a craft that can break that law?

I will not bash Autel, I will not bash Autel, I am not mad at Autel, I love my xsp, I will not diss Autel.,...I will try really hard not to..and say something of substance....OK, thats out of the way......
MA=Mavic Air MP=Mavic Pro P4P=phantom4pro, EVO=Ever Visually Oblivious

With folks discussing the MA vs MP vs EVO.....Ive seen some pretty cool demo videos comparing cameras of the P4P, MA,MP, and spark...like this one...
I could not find the bitrate of our beloved xsp...X-Star Premium | Autel Robotics (tech specs)
but the MA (100mps ) has a significant higher camera bitrate than the MP (60mbps), on par w the P4P(100mbps).
the MA pics and vids looks better than the MP, and close to the P4P with its 1" sensor...Is the Bitrate out for the EVO Specs? Im assuming it will be 100MBPS as well.

There are plenty of MA reviews already on Youtube..common people are actually flying and ordering them, testing them, the SDK is NOT yet for the MA, but DJI has released an SDK for every UAS they have ever made, so its just a matter of time...

too bad there are no comparisons btw the EVO and the MA.....they will have the same price point, looks like same camera specs (cmos,bitrate,MP), too bad EVO is adopting the styrofoam case of the phantoms (ugh)

Those great Autel videos that were released just before CES...tells me alot about the company's focus.
HEY AUTEL, I want to be a BETA EVO tester and try this with it...
I will attest that Autel's Customer Service "Rules"....Ive only had to contact them asking where the f___ing SDK and third party apps for the XSP are?

So, Im glad Autel is not selling any drones right now, its more CS for us XSP owners !!!

I heart my pumpkin, and the great photos and videos you guys post.

To give credit where credit is due...Autel did beat DJI announcing the EVO at CES 2018 vs the MA by like 3 weeks!!!....Long live the pumpkin....

I see this is your first post so Welcome. I have to ask you if the law said this is a no fly zone why would you need a craft that can break that law?
Hello i introduced myself in the intro section, as any forums, thanks for welcoming me. About your question: If the law says "this is a no fly zone", i won't fly because 1) i always check where i am flying 2) i do not want to brake the laws. An rc craft cannot brake the law, only it's pilot can (unless the aircraft is in auto flight, but still, there will always be a human responsible for this, the one who thrown the craft or on an extrem end the manufacturer)... Period. If a manufacturer says "this is a no fly zone", i won't fly because the manufacturer has desactivated my rc model (dji for example), not because the zone is effectively an NFZ... These are totally different approaches.
On the first one, the manufacturer does not interfere with the pilot and laws, and does not replace the local rules and policies, the pilot is then considered as an adult fully responsible for his acts. On the second approach, it is exactly the contrary, the manufacturer acts as the local police officer, even if this is not legal or fair, and the user/customer/pilot is simply considered as a feckless little kid.
For example i leave near Charles de Gaulle airport, we have an official rc field a few miles away. Not a single (stock NFZed) dji product can fly there, even if the terrain is officially an authorized rc fly zone since 1982. You can then see in such circumstances how paining a locked proprietary geofencing can be. On another hand, i do not believe such embedded fences can stop any serious thieves from doing something bad (see russian hacks about dji nfz, prooving dji's engineering flaws and how easy it is to jailbrake).
The problem is that quadcopter flying has become cheap and easy for anybody, thanks to stabilization technologies and industrial electronic mass production. A new and ever growing population (which is good for our hobby), in no way serious rc hobbyists for the vast majority, jumped on these "toys" without any skills nor education in flying rules and behaviors. It is much like these crazy scooter driving all over our streets nowadays, they drive very dangerously because they never had to pass any exam to drive a bike, and they spread a wrong image of ALL the bikers in the peoples mind. Guess what, 2 wheels accidents statistics shows here 80% scooters down, for 20% "standard" bikes, yikes!
I think a licence to fly with proper training would be way more efficient than a virtual fence that can be easily broken, volunteerly or not, and for which people do not think anymore, guessing they are "100% protected" by such backup...
Now talking about these new automated flying drones that we see everywhere, even in a 4 years old kids hands or grandma's living room on sundays, i can understand a manufacturer wants to cover his bum if the craft gets crazy by itself, and then implement a geofencing system (as a kind of failsafe), but PLEASE! in automatic flight mode only. Running a geofencing without a pilot override when flown manually simply means the pilot is not responsible when piloting the drone! Do you honestly believe this is safer? (Well, i think this is sometimes true when we see some idiots making stupid and dangerous videos with their drone on youtube...)
Conclusion: I consider preventing better than repressing, maybe i am a dreamer.
My point of view of course.

Last edited:
You weren't responding to something I wrote, but these are some points related to your question relative to pilots in the U.S:

1) DJI does not geo-fence according to U.S. law, but instead according to Federal Aviation Agency administrative rules that, though they have the effect of substantive laws, are not laws.

2) In 2012 the U.S. Congress passed and the President signed the FAA Modernization and Reform Act which prohibits the FAA from promulgating "any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft." Therefore the FAA rules that DJI bases its geo-fencing on do not apply to model aircraft flown in the U.S.

3) U.S. commercial pilots licensed under Part-107 of FAA rules can apply for and receive waivers/authorizations to fly in controlled airspace that DJI geo-fences. It is my understanding that DJI provides a way for licensed pilots with such waivers/authorizations to fly within the fenced areas, but that it is a ridiculously-frustrating and time-wasting process. There is no legitimate basis for a Chinese company to interfere with the legal flying of aircraft within the United States.

Reactions: Nicbo and Clint H
After reading Evo's preliminary manual (https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=3763726), I was surprised to see that Autel's answer about a "no NFZ" policy in the Evo, is contradictory with what is in the manual (Q3 in the 5.2 chapter "troubleshooting tips": "when takeoff fails after starting motors: verify the aircraft is in not in a no-fly zone" + 6.1.2 chapter "Flight Restricted Area illustration").
Who to believe then? the manual? Autel's direct answer? hard to tell until we do not have a hand on the Evo, but for sure I will wait for a full and trusted review before investing a penny. Apart from that, the Evo sounds really promising.

Last edited:
All kinds of money. You should get on the gravy train to.

Don't even go there. I have done more for the Autel community than most and supported them through the rough times of firmware updates so if you are trying to pick a fight sonny boy you picked on the wrong fellow.

For the record, this forum is here because a guy on one of our other drone forums wouldn't stop bothering me for an Autel forum. Day after day, week after week until we opened it up to members. He was the driving force to complete this forum. That member was Agustine. And you guys may not like it but DJI is the king until someone else takes the crown away from them. Love em or hate em, it is what it is.

Reactions: KentA
Wow here is that bloke again that gets paid by DJI this time pushing Mavic Air, people be aware this bloke is an intruder and a stirrer who hasn't got
a clue.

Reactions: Rawdog
I just find it funny, our Admin. LuvMyTJ owns 2 or 3 DJI units and has expressed how much better he feels they are to his Autel. Now this guy comes on here and tries to say anybody promoting a DJI is a spy of somesort. I guess our Admin who started this group has a ulterior motive. :)
I do like my DJI products. I also like my Autel XSP. The Autel was comparable to the DJI model of its time (Phantom 3), but that was a few years ago. Autel couldn't keep up. I hope they succeed, I truly do. I just don't know if that is the reality of things.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn