Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shorter USB cable

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
Just got a shorter foot and a half cable, which is just right except for the end that plugs in the controller is longer causing it to stick out further. So, I guess it's either live with it, try to find a different cable, or go with the adapter shown.

USB Cables.jpg

Just got a shorter foot and a half cable, which is just right except for the end that plugs in the controller is longer causing it to stick out further. So, I guess it's either live with it, try to find a different cable, or go with the adapter shown.

View attachment 739

Autel does not recommend adapters.

Until I can do better... Also, since I replaced the cable, I've flow about 4 times with no "app disconnected" message. yee-ha!

20170715_201556.jpg

Last edited:
wall track.jpg Humm, me likum this better. Makes a protective cover over the end of the cable, the color matches, and It'll do until I can make it prettier. I always thought that end of the cable was somewhat vulnerable anyway. That's a scrap piece of wall track, BTW. Amazing how scrap comes in handy sometimes.

Protective cover.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rawdog
View attachment 742 Humm, me likum this better. Makes a protective cover over the end of the cable, the color matches, and It'll do until I can make it prettier. I always thought that end of the cable was somewhat vulnerable anyway. That's a scrap piece of wall track, BTW. Amazing how scrap comes in handy sometimes.

View attachment 741
Really like that cable protector. What a great idea that was! Gonna have to go through my scraps now.

As they say "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" If the end of that new cable hadn't been so long, I wouldn't even have tried. Maybe you can make one that looks better. A snap-on design would be good. You know anyone with a 3-D printer?

I just bought one on Amazon for my son - it’s what he wanted for his birthday - hasn’t arrived yet. I may ask him to churn out a couple of XSP add-ons for me.

Being a plastics engineer by training, you’d think I’d want a 3D printer for myself. But I breathed in enough polymer fumes during my career, thank you...

Reactions: Old Bama Dude
I just bought one on Amazon for my son - it’s what he wanted for his birthday - hasn’t arrived yet. I may ask him to churn out a couple of XSP add-ons for me.

Being a plastics engineer by training, you’d think I’d want a 3D printer for myself. But I breathed in enough polymer fumes during my career, thank you...
Alright then! You and your son can work on some landing gear extensions, cable protector, etc, etc.

Just throwing this out, DJI which have their own video disconnect problems, have said their resolution is with an Anker cable from controller to display. The Anker cables were tested to have bend test of over 10,000 times at a tight 90 degrees. Amazon carries them at 1 foot or 3 feet length.

Good Luck All

Norm

I received my answer today for a perfect cable that takes care of the 90 deg back USB and coiled and a 90 deg connector for the tablet. So far I have only tried it on the RC and XSP powered and it connected right away. As you can see in the pic it is a compact arrangement. I don't want to fly with it yet as I am in the mist of doing some test for connectivity.
Paid 10.99 cnd at Amazon and it is for data or charging, Time will tell with my intention to do a report.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Hey old Dude, I want to know what the reflectors are half mooning your antennas in the first pic????

Sidebar,,, how do you guys see those small viewers??? I use a 10" and still struggle sometimes trying to see detail in the camera's view. I do a lot of low level, moving target videos.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn