Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shorter USB cable

Yes but on the opposite side and its a Nvidia Shield tablet
ok I see your problem even if it is on either side hmm trying to make my life difficult...
will investigate and report back or would you be interest in buying a Shield tablet ? :)

Cool!!! Thanks for the reply!!!!

Can you confirm their value?? If so, I'm getting some. Thanks!!!

Yes but on the opposite side and its a Nvidia Shield tablet
ok I see your problem even if it is on either side hmm trying to make my life difficult...
will investigate and report back or would you be interest in buying a Shield tablet ? :)
So the depth of the angeled connector is enough to reach the jack?

Cool!!! Thanks for the reply!!!!

Can you confirm their value?? If so, I'm getting some. Thanks!!!
They seem to help some. I couldn't get out a mile, but they helped me do that. There's mixed reviews on them, one of them things you just have to try. if you're already getting good range, you may not need them. There's also some DIY ones that you can download. I made some and gave to my son, he said they helped. This photo is one big one, but you can make two small ones. I tried this one and it seem to work OK.
WS.jpg

Yes, Samsung galaxy S6 edge. If the angled part was outside of the holder it would be perfect. I'm tempted to order one just to see. I need to check the length, I think mine's a foot and a half.
IMAG1777.jpg

Last edited:
It's great, except for the length, 1.5 ft is all I need. You don't have to search anymore, I'll keep looking. Thanks, for your help.:) Using this adapter for now.
Adaptor.jpg

Last edited:
I would just used tie wraps to keep it to the length you want. But that's me

Good Luck and please keep us in the loop

Back when I was installing outside TV antennas, the shorter you could keep the antenna wire, the less signal loss you would get. Whether or not that applies here, not sure, but I still like to avoid unnessary cable length if possible.

My father (passed away) did the same in the sixties for a hardware store he worked at. The signal loss was greater in antenna wires of those age but it's getting minimal with the USB cable we're talking here with higher quality wiring and better shieting but it is your prerogative.
Right now I'm trying to upload an mp4 to YouTube and it takes an eternity.
Stuck at 8%

That’s a bit of apples and oranges. Those old TV’s operated in the analog domain. To get the best picture, you needed to avoid noise pickup or you started to get ghosting - sometimes minor, sometimes severe.

Today, with digital signals, there’s more noise tolerance, but it’s more “all or nothing” - either the video feed is perfect, or it’s severely pixelated or gone.

So, there is some concern about noise pick-up, but it manifests itself differently.

Here's the only problem I see. The small end doesn't need to angled, due to the jack being recessed, it might not plug in. Is your phone or tablet jack on the side like mine?

View attachment 966

I ordered both, a 90 degree and a straight, I'm thinking to slide the device up in the holder to where the connector is up against the top of the cutout it might work and not stress the connector. If not, then a little precision ramp made in the bottom of the cutout for a cable runway would work...it's just the device holder so shouldn't cause any warranty issues.

I ordered both, a 90 degree and a straight, I'm thinking to slide the device up in the holder to where the connector is up against the top of the cutout it might work and not stress the connector. If not, then a little precision ramp made in the bottom of the cutout for a cable runway would work...it's just the device holder so shouldn't cause any warranty issues.
Let me know how that works, also what length cable are you getting?
I really like this one, but it's too short, and not sure if the angles are in the right directions. It looks like the length of the small end would be no problem.
cable.JPG

Last edited:
My father (passed away) did the same in the sixties for a hardware store he worked at. The signal loss was greater in antenna wires of those age but it's getting minimal with the USB cable we're talking here with higher quality wiring and better shieting but it is your prerogative.
Right now I'm trying to upload an mp4 to YouTube and it takes an eternity.
Stuck at 8%

My laptop is in my shop. I usually start a YouTube load in the evening and go in the house for the night. Come back out in the morning and it's finished. I'm not a good "waiter"..... :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonybravo